• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 295 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 7374
    And the taxpayers will pay in the end for their cowardice and thuggery

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You're smart enough to know that's a fucked up thing to say, knock that shit off. Be a homophobe all you want in your trailer, but not here.
    Lawyer living in a trailer? Go on…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    What color is the sky?
    What's hyperbole? I wasn't going for mathematically accurate. Fuck guns is a better bumper sticker than "please consider voting for candidates that support enacting science based common sense gun control legislation".

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Lawyer living in a trailer? Go on…

I believe the socially correct term is tiny house.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I believe the socially correct term is tiny house.
    And technically he was being a homophobe in his tiny house when posting, which is conflicting advice IMO.

My job is like 60% more deadly per year than police officer. Shrug. I show respect to law enforcement just as I do any other profesional but it is conditional and certainly doesn't include a sticker on my car or any other undue showering of praise for a bunch of people who mostly don't see the world the way I do.

In the small things I think we should do and can do category is regulate how arms are marketed. Sporting arms would be acceptable. Self defense weapons would not. Hunting rifle is okay. Basically, I think we need to rid ourselves of the pervasive notion guns owned by civilians are for killing people. Corrosive as shit is my opinion.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41599-020-0437-0

Also, my dad and grandpa always drilled it into my head to never talk about what guns I own or don't own. So whenever people spray about their guns it gives me pause. I notice the people who spray the most lean more toward the self defense side of things and less toward the sportman/game hunter side. I guess it is a culture I don't get. Seems like a ridiculous obsession. Like the dude down the street that has like 15 cameras around his house. Wtf. Who has time for all that footy or to haul a gun around everywhere. At least cameras don't kill people. One of those home defense weapons killed a family member who was having a bad day.

And I know this is debatable nonsense to a lot of people and I respect reasonable people who disagree. But cigs were for cool people once. We changed the marketing and over time attitudes changed. The assault rifle, as pointed out by gun people who nonstop compare it to a semi auto hunting rifle, is partly a marketing gimmick and it matters to the deranged kid. They want the whole package. And we hand it to them. Knock yourself out kid. It is insanity.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 05-27-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Yeah, my job is statistically more dangerous than cops' jobs from a death standpoint too, although I concede that theirs is way more dangerous in most other ways. But that's what both they and I signed up for.

Here's the interview where the kid describes his classmate getting killed because the cop said something like "if you need help, shout out" so another kid did, and the gunman turned and shot her. Warning: it's kind of tough to watch https://archiveddit.com/?video=uydcpe.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Also, my dad and grandpa always drilled it into my head to never talk about what guns I own or don't own. So whenever people spray about their guns it gives me pause. I notice the people who spray the most lean more toward the self defense side of things and less toward the sportman/game hunter side. I guess it is a culture I don't get. Seems like a ridiculous obsession.
    As someone who falls into the sportman category of guns I absolutely detest the self defense ammosexuals, and we need a complete cultural separation between the two. Those AR-15 assholes are going to get shotguns and hunting rifles taken away in the long term. Well, maybe not, but it would still be good for progress to separate these groups a bit more (and I don't mean from the outside perspective). There are plenty of "bleeding heart liberals" like myself who appreciate guns in an appropriate setting.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

^^^^^

Me too

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Yeah, same here. Hunting rifles and shotguns are tools. All these para-military guns have become fetishized toys.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    As someone who falls into the sportman category of guns I absolutely detest the self defense ammosexuals, and we need a complete cultural separation between the two. Those AR-15 assholes are going to get shotguns and hunting rifles taken away in the long term. Well, maybe not, but it would still be good for progress to separate these groups a bit more (and I don't mean from the outside perspective). There are plenty of "bleeding heart liberals" like myself who appreciate guns in an appropriate setting.
    Unfortunately there is a lot of overlap between the two groups.

When specially equipped federal immigration agents arrived at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, the local police at the scene would not allow them to go after the gunman who had opened fire on students inside the school, according to two officials briefed on the situation.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05...chool-shooting

As Ken Paxton said about the shooting
    "It's not going to be the last time"

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    and you know the real shitshow is behind the scenes as they all try to find a lie to cover their own asses

Jfc sitting there as multiple 911 calls come from inside the school
    Oh come on now, they bravely faced down the biggest threat there. Parents trying to get in and save their kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Attachment 417512

If we find out the classroom door was designed to keep a shooter out it speaks to the defensive problem of objects that protect children can also protect shooters.
    Given all the updates to the story that have come out, I wouldn't be shocked if the door wasn't even latched shut.

Edited - too cynical

Here is a post Iread read earlier today....

"For the past 20 yrs we have trained the next shooter how it can be done."

Every kids finishes school knowing exactly how to defeat the system and add casualties to a school shooting from being taught what to do in the event one happens.

why did the shooter put his truck in the ditch?
    I've seen the photo, but I haven't read how he decided to abandon it there
    was the school parking lot gated & he tried to drive thru the ditch?

Reports say the shooter had to climb over a fence. Texas authorities are saying the school had a single entrance policy, that the school's other doors should have been locked (they claim a teacher propped the door open) and that a resource officer should have been present patrolling the school grounds. That's obviously very bad if that's what happened. It also illustrates the difficulty when it comes to maintaining constant vigilance over the course of years and decades when normally nothing much is happening.

How many kids escaped via windows? Will future school kids not be given access to windows due to the "one entry" policy proposed by Ted Cruz and others?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

NY Times headline (inside front section) today: "What is is about the U.S. that produces such gun violence?"

ummm

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    As Ken Paxton said about the shooting
    "It's not going to be the last time"

Oh come on now, they bravely faced down the biggest threat there. Parents trying to get in and save their kids. Given all the updates to the story that have come out, I wouldn't be shocked if the door wasn't even latched shut.

Edited - too cynical
    Police spokesperson yesterday: "We're still trying to establish if that classroom was locked”

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    NY Times headline (inside front section) today: "What is is about the U.S. that produces such gun violence?"

ummm
    Americans

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Reports say the shooter had to climb over a fence.
    So did the mother who went in to get her kid when the cops wouldn’t. (After they had handcuffed her previously.)

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Americans
    I was gonna guess all the guns.

Jim Jefferies agrees

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I was gonna guess all the guns.
    the people to ask are the denizens of the GUNS thread
    i'm sure they'd be the first to tell you "guns don't kill people"
    i generally stay out of there, but it makes me angry that that thread is exactly the microcosm of american gun enthusiasm, including the lack of introspection on their part/responsibility in this ongoing legacy of lethal negligence

Gun deaths are a national health crisis.
    My next volley to representatives is to repeal the block of funding for the CDC to evaluate gun injuries and death.

And yeah, I write Tillis, Graham and Romney even though they're not likely to even read the emails.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<