• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 118 of 295 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 7373
    Have you guys been keeping up with the details on the Uvalde School shooting? It’s almost like it was intentionally made as bad as possible. Set up? I’m not sayin but more things could not possibly have gone wrong. I would really like to know who the shooter was talking to reading online leading up to this. Right down to knowing about an obscure gun manufacturer who produces Exotic AR platform rifles that cost 2X the price of the big guys. A small nitch manufacturer who might not have the resources to mount a legal defense

Latest update. One of the cops waiting outside the door. His wife calls him saying she was shot and dieing. He tries to get to he. The other cops stopped him and disarmed him
    His wife was one of the two teachers who died. And she did not go right away. And her husband is a cop out in the hallway
    Holly fuck!
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I think the "outgunned" argument is no longer valid. The shooter could've had a bolt action rifle and still had plenty of time to kill everyone.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Have you guys been keeping up with the details on the Uvalde School shooting? It’s almost like it was intentionally made as bad as possible. Set up? I’m not sayin but more things could not possibly have gone wrong. I would really like to know who the shooter was talking to reading online leading up to this. Right down to knowing about an obscure gun manufacturer who produces Exotic AR platform rifles that cost 2X the price of the big guys. A small nitch manufacturer who might not have the resources to mount a legal defense

Latest update. One of the cops waiting outside the door. His wife calls him saying she was shot and dieing. He tries to get to he. The other cops stopped him and disarmed him
    His wife was one of the two teachers who died. And she did not go right away. And her husband is a cop out in the hallway
    Holly fuck!
    I saw that. Facts are out, people are disgusted.

I won’t ever feel sorry for Daniel Defense mounting a legal defense. They’ve got the cash, and they chose their path.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    It’s not fear mongering. I’m just pointing out not everyone lives in a tree house in a nice part of the woods. The “I don’t feel or see a need” is pretty selfish.
    It's hard to have it both ways. Either you don't need a firearm because everywhere is safe or there are guns everywhere and you are likely to get shot. In which case, you probably need to be armed.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Own your fail. ~Jer~

You can't rely on the police to protect you. I guess wishful thinking is a popular route for many people.

I wonder why the biggest assholes on here and in life feel they need a gun to protect themselves? Maybe just don’t be an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Anecdotally, the only car thefts I can recall reading about in Vermont were with unlocked cars.

It would be very tough to convince me that in a planet with billions of people there is an area in which a gun owner can leave a gun unattended in an unlocked vehicle and still be a "responsible gun owner".
    I'm on the same page there, and I don't think anyone in this thread has argued that leaving a firearm in an unlocked vehicle is reasonable. My issue was that "never leave a gun in a locked car" was rather absolutist, both for the example of traveling with long gun(s) and stopping for lunch and for popping into the post office (let's say private security guard on his way to or from work to put that one in a context where having a handgun isn't particularly controversial).

Related to unlocked car thefts in rural states, I really wish they'd report on how many of them had the keys in the unlocked car when they were stolen. I heard of at least two where the keys were in an unlocked car and that detail didn't make the papers. I'm also on the same page as that leaving keys in an unlocked vehicle is an inherently risky move, even somewhere like Warren, Vermont.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    I wonder why the biggest assholes on here and in life feel they need a gun to protect themselves? Maybe just don’t be an asshole.
    I don't carry a gun. I just punch people in the face. Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    How old are you McFeeble, 14 your next birthday??
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I'm on the same page there, and I don't think anyone in this thread has argued that leaving a firearm in an unlocked vehicle is reasonable. My issue was that "never leave a gun in a locked car" was rather absolutist, both for the example of traveling with long gun(s) and stopping for lunch and for popping into the post office (let's say private security guard on his way to or from work to put that one in a context where having a handgun isn't particularly controversial).
    I'm all in on CCL/CCW exceptions.. But not all in on the idea that anyone/everyone who pays a fee and sits in front of a computer for 4 hours then shoots a gun for 5 minutes is entitled to a CDW/CCL. It should be reserved for people with high risk occupations like bounty hunter or repo work.. Also reserved for people who have a restraining order out against a stalker with a history of violence. I wanna play cop like George Zimmerman/I'm afraid to go to McDonalds after dark in that part of town types shouldn't be given them..

But, you should also have a legit strong box safe in the car, for handgun storage firmly anchored to the vehicle, not the glove box or console.

Bolt action rifle or long shotgun, unloaded on the way to hunt or range, OK no objection to that either.. Leaving it there 24/7 not cool.

RESPONSIBLE gun stewardship with real consequences for fucking up.. at the least you lose your right to own if not that PLUS a massive fine and criminal accessory/enablement to ever crime that gun is used in after you lose it.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

So here comes the next greatest threat to society.

Drones. Society's "protectors" have now discussing stricter laws on drones due to the videos from the Ukraine dropping fragmentation bombs from drones.

PROTECT US FROM OURSELVES.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    So here comes the next greatest threat to society.

Drones. Society's "protectors" have now discussing stricter laws on drones due to the videos from the Ukraine dropping fragmentation bombs from drones.

PROTECT US FROM OURSELVES.
    This is why the types that can carry an actual payload larger than a small webcam are more highly "well regulated"..

Pilots and drones must be registered with FAA
    https://www.droneregistration.com/

But please continue with the latest round of whataboutism.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    The way they tell it that’s more than likely gonna get you shot

To many pussies with guns
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

It's hard to have it both ways. Either you don't need a firearm because everywhere is safe or there are guns everywhere and you are likely to get shot. In which case, you probably need to be armed.
    Or you take the many, many other options to secure your safety that don’t involve firearms.

You keep trying to pick at this like it’s some character flaw. I won’t apologize for fights I’ve been in standing up for myself or part of the job

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm all in on CCL/CCW exceptions.. But not all in on the idea that anyone/everyone who pays a fee and sits in front of a computer for 4 hours then shoots a gun for 5 minutes is entitled to a CDW/CCL. It should be reserved for people with high risk occupations like bounty hunter or repo work.. Also reserved for people who have a restraining order out against a stalker with a history of violence. I wanna play cop like George Zimmerman/I'm afraid to go to McDonalds after dark in that part of town types shouldn't be given them..

But, you should also have a legit strong box safe in the car, for handgun storage firmly anchored to the vehicle, not the glove box or console.

Bolt action rifle or long shotgun, unloaded on the way to hunt or range, OK no objection to that either.. Leaving it there 24/7 not cool.

RESPONSIBLE gun stewardship with real consequences for fucking up.. at the least you lose your right to own if not that PLUS a massive fine and criminal accessory/enablement to ever crime that gun is used in after you lose it.
    I can’t speak to the whole country but here in Nevada the class is 16 hours of class and practical gun handling shooting proficiency. And you have to pass

I see those advertisements. I think they are bs. Weird thing here need a permit to conceal carry. But no permit to open carry. How weird is that
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

If only there was something we could do...

the people who continue to buy firearms legally and use them responsibly and irresponsibly are a big part of the gun problem. Gives the manufacturers money for marketing your neighborhood as a big bad scary place at all times and political lobbying to perpetuate the gun culture and the bastardization of the 2A.

I’d bet a majority of gun owners anxieties about crime are really just anxieties about racial and socioeconomic others which can often be cured by just shutting the fuck up and minding your own business.

Society's "protectors" have now discussing stricter laws on drones due to the videos from the Ukraine dropping fragmentation bombs from drones.
    I have no idea what you're talking about but drones (like cars) are more regulated than guns.

You have to take a test to fly
    You have to adhere to regulations about where you can fly
    You have to register the drone with the FAA

There are some exceptions for UAVs under 200 grams (this would be like a bb gun compared to the drones that can be modified to drop grenades)
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    This is why the types that can carry an actual payload larger than a small webcam are more highly "well regulated"..

Pilots and drones must be registered with FAA
    https://www.droneregistration.com/

But please continue with the latest round of whataboutism.
    So, can I buy a drone off the shelf, and fly them without a license or registering them? How big is the blackmarket drone world? A quick google search recognizes it is apparently pretty large. How big is the enforcement team on drones? Looks like the FAA is really into its drone laws.

“According to FAA’s data, from June 7, 2007 through May 2, 2018 the agency took 420 compliance actions, 49 administrative actions, and 49 enforcement actions against small UAS users; the data do not distinguish between recreational and commercial users,” says the report.

So, can I buy a drone off the shelf, and fly them without a license or registering them? How big is the blackmarket drone world? A quick google search recognizes it is apparently pretty large. How big is the enforcement team on drones? Looks like the FAA is really into its drone laws.

“According to FAA’s data, from June 7, 2007 through May 2, 2018 the agency took 420 compliance actions, 49 administrative actions, and 49 enforcement actions against small UAS users; the data do not distinguish between recreational and commercial users,” says the report.
    Well, the laws took effect in 2018 iirc. Any drone you buy now also has software that can or will not allow you to fly (around airports for instance). Maybe guns should have that too? My drone predates the rules and comes in at 200 grams.

Amazing the way they can legislate on something like lawn darts or drones that have yet to kill anyone, but guns can kill 50k a year and we can't do anything because people get their feelings hurt.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

If only there was something we could do...

I can’t speak to the whole country but here in Nevada the class is 16 hours of class and practical gun handling shooting proficiency. And you have to pass

I see those advertisements. I think they are bs. Weird thing here need a permit to conceal carry. But no permit to open carry. How weird is that
    Whereas teen drivers have to do 50hrs training min in NV
    Weird

That was interesting. I bought a new gun yesterday and today I got an email saying order on hold. Suspected fraud

Called them. Answered a few questions. Gun is on the way to my FFL

I’m have switched to competing with a 9mm. From 45 acp. The ammo cost difference will pay for the gun in two months
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

That was interesting. I bought a new gun yesterday and today I got an email saying order on hold. Suspected fraud

Called them. Answered a few questions. Gun is on the way to my FFL

I’m have switched to competing with a 9mm. From 45 acp. The ammo cost difference will pay for the gun in two months
    109 year old NY gun law struck down by SCOTUS. Progress, right?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    109 year old NY gun law struck down by SCOTUS. Progress, right?
    Have not heard about that.

My impression from the other side of the country is that NY has been violating peoples 2A rights for some time
    Own your fail. ~Jer~