• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 183 of 295 FirstFirst ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 7374
    I'm a bit terrified

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Seems a pity that not having kids shot in their schools in this vast divisive piece of land (as a start) isn't enough to prick your bubble.

Prick.
    Well Nance, get to work w your magic solution instead of your wishful thinking diatribe here.

I mean you can't be all talk no action right?

I'm all for kids not ever getting shot in thier schools.

There is no magic solution and that is the problem. You can't turn around a poor NFL team or failing hamburger stand with a magic solution. So many stupid people.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

If only there was something we could do...

Edit

Ah yes the TGR classic “shut up - you can’t ever be critical of anything unless you also have the perfect solution”

I wonder who might have some ideas…

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Well Nance, get to work w your magic solution instead of your wishful thinking diatribe here.

I mean you can't be all talk no action right?

I'm all for kids not ever getting shot in thier schools.
    So you're for some serious gun control then, registration, training, limiting most semi autos....

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Or maybe we should ban schools.
    Republicans in Florida say hold my beer and watch this!

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    So you're for some serious gun control then, registration, training, limiting most semi autos....
    Could give it a whirl. May take, may not. My guess is blue states will continue to get more strict/regulated. Red states possibly a bit more. Could see red states not complying w fed mandates.

It's a horrible thing that these incidents happen. Horrific. I just think it's going to be difficult/impossible to get to a point where everyone is turning in their firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Threads like this are exhausting and depressing.
    That is very much the point. The culture of this country is becoming exhausting and depressing.

We know there is something we can do to solve this, we just choose not to. A certain percentage (high enough) of the population is willing to tolerate this as a cost borne (primarily) by others so that they may enjoy their hobby and indulge their fantasies/fears.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Pretty sure the shooter was crazy. Maybe not though?
    We all are. I am, you are, everyone is is crazy n one way or another sometimes. That's exactly why MOST of us should NOT have easy access to that kind of para military shit. Just the fact that you or I like to have the capacity to commit mayhem regardless of no intent to do so anytime soon is proof enough that we shouldn't be able to easily purchase that capability.

It's also why none of us as individuals should get much say in what all of us non felons get to do. That's what society and representatives are for.. to legislate the SENSICAL things many of us would say NO to given the choice as individuals.

P.S. That's what "WELL REGULATED" FUCKING MEANS.
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 03-29-2023 at 11:51 AM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    That is very much the point. The culture of this country is becoming exhausting and depressing.
    I don't know why this shooting caught me more than some of the others. I think it was the footage of shooter, popping the doors...then walking into hallway with the copier. I know it's odd, but I found myself thinking: "here was a perfectly normal office copier and now there is someone armed AF looking around hoping to kill someone". The setting shifted so dramatically and the prospect of the coming murders was unnerving. I found it sickening that our society was tolerant to allowing this person (just a kid to me) to be crazy armed and knowing that in 2 weeks time the news cycle won't be heavy with disgust and outrage over this reflection of what we allowed our society to become...instead onto the next outrage and predictable tragedy.

Personally, I feel hostage to a fringe minority whose rhetoric and ideology is bizarre. Every reasonable reaction shot down - crabs in a barrel. Fighting every potential betterment, pulling us back. Messaging: 1) defeatism - you cannot change this 2) contrary to common sense - we need to further relax any and all controls because access to these weapons are a good thing.

I don't accept that our society won't change. It changed to bring us here; it can change again, hopefully for the better.

Someone asked: "we used have guns but not these massacres - what changed?". Obviously a whole lot but I want to focus in on something: we have leaders, people of authority and public trust, explicitly saying guns are a sensible resolution and solution to problems. Glorifying them, coveting them. We're way out of it's a 'tool' land. It doesn't take a big brain to connect these dots - you constantly message and pitch that arming yourself is your first line to your protection and brings you power to exert your will - well that gets deep in to the psyche.

No one can truly wonder that when someone's discontent builds and circuits fry, they reach for that which we've conditioned them to as the great leveler, power bringer and problem solver.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post

We know there is something we can do to solve this, we just choose not to. A certain percentage (high enough) of the population is willing to tolerate this as a cost borne (primarily) by others so that they may enjoy their hobby and indulge their fantasies/fears.
    It’s not the entire country, it’s a minority of committed fanatical nihilists because Not everyone is a gun clutching loser like byates or Bobby bitchtits, but they dominate the discussion with their intransigent trolling

get to work w your magic solution
    That's pretty fucking funny from a bitcoin wanker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    I don't know why this shooting caught me more than some of the others. I think it was the footage of shooter, popping the doors...then walking into hallway with the copier. I know it's odd, but I found myself thinking: "here was a perfectly normal office copier and now there is someone armed AF looking around hoping to kill someone". The setting shifted so dramatically and the prospect of the coming murders was unnerving. I found it sickening that our society was tolerant to allowing this person (just a kid to me) to be crazy armed and knowing that in 2 weeks time the news cycle won't be heavy with disgust and outrage over this reflection of what we allowed our society to become...instead onto the next outrage and predictable tragedy.

Personally, I feel hostage to a fringe minority whose rhetoric and ideology is bizarre. Every reasonable reaction shot down - crabs in a barrel. Fighting every potential betterment, pulling us back. Messaging: 1) defeatism - you cannot change this 2) contrary to common sense - we need to further relax any and all controls because access to these weapons are a good thing.

I don't accept that our society won't change. It changed to bring us here; it can change again, hopefully for the better.

Someone asked: "we used have guns but not these massacres - what changed?". Obviously a whole lot but I want to focus in on something: we have leaders, people of authority and public trust, explicitly saying guns are a sensible resolution and solution to problems. Glorifying them, coveting them. We're way out of it's a 'tool' land. It doesn't take a big brain to connect these dots - you constantly message and pitch that arming yourself is your first line to your protection and brings you power to exert your will - well that gets deep in to the psyche.

No one can truly wonder that when someone's discontent builds and circuits fry, they reach for that which we've conditioned them to as the great leveler, power bringer and problem solver.
    “When you have a hammer, everything look like a nail“

What is so frustrating is that we have metaphorically far more than just a hammer

well said

Personally, I feel hostage to a fringe minority whose rhetoric and ideology is bizarre. Every reasonable reaction shot down
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    It’s not the entire country, it’s a minority of committed fanatical nihilists
    Absolutely. And money. The gun industry is in bed with the federal government. Imagine trying to maintain one of the world's largest standing armed forces without guns. They gave Trump $30 million, and bankrolled McConnell to faithfully deliver judges.

Rights and freedoms is just prattle for the mouth breathers.

^nationalize the gun manufacturers. They’re propped up by defense contracts anyways and domestic terrorism makes them whole.

This culture war of “I want the right to destroy you” vs “I just want to exist comfortably” is a nice distraction from the economic war that is destroying all of us. As intended.

It's a horrible thing that these incidents happen. Horrific. I just think it's going to be difficult/impossible to get to a point where everyone is turning in their firearms.
    It's people that think like you that are the problem and you don't even see it. That's the sad and scary part.

^^^ difficult/impossible so why bother?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

As with most things, its not just one cause.

Stricter more common sense gun control classifying guns as either tools, or purely recreational and restricting access accordingly. And then there is also the mental health aspect which would not only hopefully prevent people from going off the deepend, but also reduce the polarization in our society by imparting much needed perspective and empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    This culture war of “I want the right to destroy you” vs “I just want to exist comfortably” is a nice distraction from the economic war that is destroying all of us. As intended.
    Indeed. To paraphrase George and George, there are two Americas - and it's not red and blue. It elites, and everyone else. Whether you call us proletariat or owned, as long as petty quarrels on the internet, identity politics, sports, intoxicants, and gambling fill up the horizon of our minds, keeping us in control isn't difficult. As designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ difficult/impossible so why bother?
    So you think millions and millions of families that have passed down firearms through generations and going to turn them all in?

Bruh.

I have resisted commenting in here for a long time because frankly it is pointless, the gun geeks will never be convinced. I grew up on a ranch in Wyoming and dragged around a gun of some sort since I have been 10 years old. I have what I assume is a fairly typical gun collection for someone who grew up in the west, a couple shotguns, 2 hunting rifles and a pistol. I have absolutely no idea why someone should need assault rifle, or even a semi automatic firearm. My pistol is semi automatic and if it would save even one kid from getting shot while going to school I will gladly hand it over when and if a law banning them is ever passed. If you think your right to own an AR or any other “assault rifle” then you are a dick. Not to mention the resistance to having a lengthy background and registration process.
    My $0.02, now you can go back to rubbing your assault weapon on your tiny little dick.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I have resisted commenting in here for a long time because frankly it is pointless, the gun geeks will never be convinced. I grew up on a ranch in Wyoming and dragged around a gun of some sort since I have been 10 years old. I have what I assume is a fairly typical gun collection for someone who grew up in the west, a couple shotguns, 2 hunting rifles and a pistol. I have absolutely no idea why someone should need assault rifle, or even a semi automatic firearm. My pistol is semi automatic and if it would save even one kid from getting shot while going to school I will gladly hand it over when and if a law banning them is ever passed. If you think your right to own an AR or any other “assault rifle” then you are a dick. Not to mention the resistance to having a lengthy background and registration process.
    My $0.02, now you can go back to rubbing your assault weapon on your tiny little dick.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    You know what, totally fair. I am willing to grant anyone all the weapons they desire if they grew up on, or currently reside on a ranch or piece of property greater than 500acres. Everyone else, draconian gun restrictions.