View Poll Results: What should we do?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, Cat is out of the bag and this is the cost of our "freedom"

    13 8.97%
  • Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

    28 19.31%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

    111 76.55%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

    56 38.62%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

    64 44.14%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

    93 64.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 173 of 231 FirstFirst ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 5775
  1. #4301
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    14,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT View Post
    Why not? Other countries have done it largely successfully.
    Mandate insurance, offer buyback WHILE stopping ALL semi-auto sales and soon enough semi-autos will cost 10s of thousands. If you remove even 80% of the guns in circulations the death rate will improve.

    In this article they suggest a full 2 years of our subpar life expectancy is due to guns. 2 years!! https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ife-expectancy
    Agree on insurance.
    Also advocate a requirement to demonstrate competence with the weapon before purchase.

    Buybacks just get useless guns out of circulation.

    You will never get a ban on semi-autos passed in this day and age. Look at our state - we passed restrictions but now it’s tied up in challenges. And even if you could, I really doubt existing owners will turn theirs in for any amount.

    Better to subject them to the regulations of National Firearms Act of 1934. IOW, you could still buy an AR or a 9mm handgun, but you gotta go thru a major background check that takes a shitload of time, and pay a hefty license fee.

  2. #4302
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    11,462
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    <snip>
    Better to subject them to the regulations of National Firearms Act of 1934. IOW, you could still buy an AR or a 9mm handgun, but you gotta go thru a major background check that takes a shitload of time, and pay a hefty license fee.
    And every firearm, aside from perhaps a few, will REQUIRE registration.

    Registration and insurance requirements would go a long ways, methinks.

  3. #4303
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9,983

  4. #4304
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,533

    If only there was something we could do...


  5. #4305
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    6,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Upstate as fuck
    can confirm... lotta shotguns at school during hunting seasons in the early '80s.

    however, something i wasn't aware of until i happened to be in a lot of upstate school basements later in life, a shitload of older upstate schools have shooting galleries hidden away downstairs. these dated back to a time when the NRA was all about gun safety and marksmanship.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_s..._United_States

    "Until 1969 virtually every public high school—even in New York City—had a shooting club. High school students in New York City carried their guns to school on the subways in the morning, turned them over to their homeroom teacher or the gym coach during the day, and retrieved them after school for target practice. Club members were given their rifles and ammunition by the federal government. Students regularly competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships."






    true fact.

  6. #4306
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Registration and insurance requirements would go a long ways, methinks.
    Agree. You're going to get the usual arguments that insurance requirement infringes on your 2A and then butt up against actuary data that undermines a bunch of gun-nut narratives. But JFC it is about the least we could do.

  7. #4307
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    11,462
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    If only that family had been in that school with all those guns, this probably all could have been avoided!


  8. #4308
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    19,253
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    can confirm... lotta shotguns at school during hunting seasons in the early '80s.

    however, something i wasn't aware of until i happened to be in a lot of upstate school basements later in life, a shitload of older upstate schools have shooting galleries hidden away downstairs. these dated back to a time when the NRA was all about gun safety and marksmanship.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_s..._United_States

    "Until 1969 virtually every public high school—even in New York City—had a shooting club. High school students in New York City carried their guns to school on the subways in the morning, turned them over to their homeroom teacher or the gym coach during the day, and retrieved them after school for target practice. Club members were given their rifles and ammunition by the federal government. Students regularly competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships."






    true fact.
    And how many school shootings happened in your county?

    Something changed between now and then

  9. #4309
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    19,216

    If only there was something we could do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    And how many school shootings happened in your county?

    Something changed between now and then
    Gun people stopped being reasonable as modern media society decided that compromise was weakness and “a slippery slope”

    NRA relentlessly lobbying all levels of government without opposition until Reagan got shot

    SCOTUS redefining the 2A via Heller without public consent

    Prioritizing political fundraising, tribalism & poll popularity over intelligence, research, data, ethics and progress.

    Mainstreaming ammosexual lifestyles

    Propagandizing regular people into thinking they were unsafe in public places for votes, but then not realizing that the damage was done once the vote was over…sorry police, everyone is strapped now; sorry kids, lockdowns are the only option

    Etc

    Despite all that and more, we are safer together and unarmed than we are alone and head-on-a-swivel in a world of chaos
    Last edited by ::: :::; 03-27-2023 at 09:13 PM.

  10. #4310
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    12,514
    There is video out. Looks like a Keltec in hand, and an AR slung.

    Just pointing that out because I’ve never seen a bill, from any politician, that ban those, or ban handguns. We get all riled up to ban Ar’s, (and we definitely need to do something about them) but it’s going to take alot more than that to stop things like this.



    Name:  3E4BBBFD-FFAE-4C94-BB31-BBD057BA5BE9.jpeg
Views: 223
Size:  67.8 KB

  11. #4311
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your Dreams
    Posts
    1,369
    We have to start someplace. Better than no place as you 2A kooks suggest.

    Why are you still here?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

  12. #4312
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    12,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    We have to start someplace. Better than no place as you 2A kooks suggest.

    Why are you still here?
    To remind you self righteous types that even the changes your leadership recommend would leave an insane gun policy behind by any other country’s standard. get over yourselves. Playing whack a mole with gun laws, writing useless laws that change nothing, may a few like you feel better, but it’s not saving lives. We need an Australian type turn in, and no one running for president will ever run on that. I’n fact, this current told me I needed a shotgun.

    We’re never changing anything with these games.

  13. #4313
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    6,464
    ah, so you’re talking to yourself in the mirror again… got it.

  14. #4314
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    10,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    We have to start someplace. Better than no place as you 2A kooks suggest.

    Why are you still here?
    Interseting article on how gun laws are used to incarcerate Black men at a higher rate than any other race. https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...-PoTQ5g05toInU Sounds a whole lot like the drug laws here. Which also don't work.

    The motive for choosing Covenant was a lack of armed security. Should be pretty simple to figure out the solution to school shootings.
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 03-28-2023 at 05:15 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  15. #4315
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    18,128
    How dare you bring truth and reason to a spasm of fear and hate.
    watch out for snakes

  16. #4316
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    10,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    There is video out. Looks like a Keltec in hand, and an AR slung.

    Just pointing that out because I’ve never seen a bill, from any politician, that ban those, or ban handguns. We get all riled up to ban Ar’s, (and we definitely need to do something about them) but it’s going to take alot more than that to stop things like this.



    Name:  3E4BBBFD-FFAE-4C94-BB31-BBD057BA5BE9.jpeg
Views: 223
Size:  67.8 KB
    Both the Kel Tec and AR were pistols by law. That has since changed and Im sure she was planning on registering the receivers with the ATF, since psychopaths obey gun laws.

    Fortunately, she spent a lot of time wandering around.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  17. #4317
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    18,128
    The keltec is originally a carbine that has a unique folding design.

    Not a pistol.
    watch out for snakes

  18. #4318
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    10,991
    Looked short. Maybe it was 16". I doubt she had a registered SBR.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  19. #4319
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    beaverhead county
    Posts
    4,267
    I have two cousins that were there yesterday. The girl was quickly accounted for and parents were notified but they didn’t hear word on the boy for a few hours. Both were physically unharmed. Absolute nightmare fuel.

    And for those curious, this article has photos of the exact weapons used: https://nypost.com/2023/03/27/nashvi...d-with-3-guns/



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "somebody's gotta do it"

  20. #4320
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Nhampshire
    Posts
    7,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Interseting article on how gun laws are used to incarcerate Black men at a higher rate than any other race. https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...-PoTQ5g05toInU Sounds a whole lot like the drug laws here. Which also don't work.

    The motive for choosing Covenant was a lack of armed security. Should be pretty simple to figure out the solution to school shootings.
    Right, like the Parkland guy that ran away? Or the cops that sat on their hands for 45 minutes while kids got shot?
    You're acting just like the fuckstick in the Jon Stewart video - at what point do more guns make us safer? We have the most of any country in the world and the worst violence stats compared to peers. At what point does it get better?

  21. #4321
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    10,991
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Right, like the Parkland guy that ran away? Or the cops that sat on their hands for 45 minutes while kids got shot?
    You're acting just like the fuckstick in the Jon Stewart video - at what point do more guns make us safer? We have the most of any country in the world and the worst violence stats compared to peers. At what point does it get better?
    I take it you didnt read the article I linked?

    Fortunately, Metro PD is a compentent police force and killed her in 14 minutes. She chose the place because there was no armed security. It's written in her manifesto.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  22. #4322
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    8,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I take it you didnt read the article I linked?

    Fortunately, Metro PD is a compentent police force.
    did you LARP with them lardass? Or was it just a jock sniffing session?

  23. #4323
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    10,991
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    did you LARP with them lardass? Or was it just a jock sniffing session?
    14 minutes from the time the call came in to her being shot is fast. You can deflect from that all you want.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  24. #4324
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    关你屁事
    Posts
    8,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    14 minutes from the time the call came in to her being shot is fast. You can deflect from that all you want.
    Bobby stupid, you are the one deflecting.

  25. #4325
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    10,991
    Ok. Lets pencil up some more gun laws and see if we can lock up some more Black men.

    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    did you LARP with them lardass? Or was it just a jock sniffing session?
    Please... I only LARP with Tier 1 SOF veterans.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •