• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 167 of 295 FirstFirst ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Seen the timeline on the 6-year old that shot the teacher in Virginia? School officials warned 3 times the kid had a gun, where it was at, and what he planned to do with it. And did nothing.
    Bullshit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...-school-board/

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/u...un-search.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/13/us/ne...day/index.html
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    ON a long enough timeline a registry will absolutely lead to the disappearance of legal firearms ownership. This is why you think its a step in the right direction despite not thinking it will end violence. Be honest here. Or stop being short sighted.

The problem is, like with many issues, people want compromise but cannot admit that those who disagree with them have any reasonable valid basis for their beliefs. its just YOU compromise because my beliefs are right and if you don't agree you're either crazy stupid or evil.
    Right, because registering other assets has led to their disappearance. Like cars. House deeds. Dogs.

You refuse to even try anything because you'd rather jerk off to your gun than even consider letting people try things that may result in fewer dying. I'd say actively refusing things that may help others and don't impose any meaningful restriction on you (other than deep in the recesses of your fantasies) is pretty damn indistinguishable from stupid or ill intentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Right, because registering other assets has led to their disappearance. Like cars. House deeds. Dogs.

You refuse to even try anything because you'd rather jerk off to your gun than even consider letting people try things that may result in fewer dying. I'd say actively refusing things that may help others and don't impose any meaningful restriction on you (other than deep in the recesses of your fantasies) is pretty damn indistinguishable from stupid or ill intentioned.
    Rereading this quality post reminds me how much I like having someone else’s words put in my mouth.

I actually read some “scholarly” writing on why registries could lead towards confiscations. Not a single logical argument I’ve found yet. Leroy can’t be bothered to google it.

If only there was something we could do...

Man who was fatally shot after firing rifle in Nebraska Target had 13 loaded magazines, police say https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-say-rcna68434

And of course
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1675232334.777746.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	445519

Tacoma WA police are asking gun owners to be more responsible since a gun is stolen from a car every 48 hours. Good luck with that.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/one...KMJ3H5C4O2GSE/

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    The difference between the way the world is and how we feel it should be will always be huge. Losing sight of that cripples us to actually exist in the world as it is.
    So you’re longing for that safe and prosperous utopia of the post WWII era when we didn’t have an entire sub culture that fetishized weapons and fear mongered about oppressive government? When firearms were owned by the citizens for the purpose of hunting and target shooting and military style long guns weren’t ubiquitous in society? You’re making a great argument for more restrictive gun laws and national registry.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    Tacoma WA police are asking gun owners to be more responsible since a gun is stolen from a car every 48 hours. Good luck with that.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/one...KMJ3H5C4O2GSE/
    There are more than that. CCW/CCL folks don't always report it when a gun is taken from their UNLOCKED car. They don't want to risk losing their permit so they just run out and buy another gun without reporting the fact they lost a gun left in their unlocked car..

It's gotten so bad that any punk who wants a gun can have one pretty quickly just going car to car jiggling door handles and checking consoles and glove boxes of unlocked cars. Now all the punks have guns.. thanks to ""responsible"" gun owners,
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    There are more than that. CCW/CCL folks don't always report it when a gun is taken from their UNLOCKED car. They don't want to risk losing their permit so they just run out and buy another gun without reporting the fact they lost a gun left in their unlocked car..

It's gotten so bad that any punk who wants a gun can have one pretty quickly just going car to car jiggling door handles and checking consoles and glove boxes of unlocked cars. Now all the punks have guns.. thanks to ""responsible"" gun owners,

You should just make this your signature that way you won’t have to keep writing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It’ll free up a lot of time so you can ski and do other outdoor activities.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Rereading this quality post reminds me how much I like having someone else’s words put in my mouth.

I actually read some “scholarly” writing on why registries could lead towards confiscations. Not a single logical argument I’ve found yet. Leroy can’t be bothered to google it.
    I'll say that given the modern capabilities and "ghost guns" for it to have teeth you'd have to have incredibly severe penalties for "created" unofficial firearms, which feels impossible to enforce effectively. That said, it would be a good start.
    One of the reasons people like Leroy push back so heavily is doing this may actually make it more real to them that no one fucking cares how many ARs they have and while they're a threat to general folks if they lose the last shred of sense in their brains, they'll never actually be a material threat to government if the armed forces get involved.

There's this larper fantasy that they're important and a potential insurgency, but the only people they'd actually harm is their family, friends and neighbors.

Conveniently the stories leave off the parts about the other kid that he showed the gun to who reported what he saw. As well that school officials being told that the gun was in the kid's jacket pocket, that he was sent back to the principal who stated that the kid's pocket wasn't big enough to hold a gun, and sent him back to the classroom for the third time without finding the gun after which he shot the teacher.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Conveniently the stories leave off the parts about the other kid that he showed the gun to who reported what he saw. As well that school officials being told that the gun was in the kid's jacket pocket, that he was sent back to the principal who stated that the kid's pocket wasn't big enough to hold a gun, and sent him back to the classroom for the third time without finding the gun after which he shot the teacher.
    Look, you said they “did nothing”.

That’s not the same as “they should have done more”.

I agree they should have done more. But own your fail.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Maybe open carry inside stores isn't such a good idea:. https://notify.dailykos.com/ss/c/atc...R6b-LAGRdUXlds

Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    You should just make this your signature that way you won’t have to keep writing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. It’ll free up a lot of time so you can ski and do other outdoor activities.
    Don't dispute the facts and substance of the situation.. So going for a personal attack instead eh?? OK

Hey I'm not the one afraid to go out anywhere without a gun..

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Maybe open carry and shooting your gun for no apparent reason inside stores isn't such a good idea:. https://notify.dailykos.com/ss/c/atc...R6b-LAGRdUXlds
    fify.

sounds like suicide by cop to me but go ahead and spew whatever bs floats your boat

Likely shared but as a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Don't dispute the facts and substance of the situation.. So going for a personal attack instead eh?? OK

Hey I'm not the one afraid to go out anywhere without a gun..
    Seriously how many times have you written that exact some thing in just this thread alone? I know a lot of people have you on ignore or just skip past your moronic posts but do you think no one read it the first 200 times you wrote it? Just trying help you out so you can free up some time so you can learn to ski. After all you have 11k+ post on a skiing forum but don’t actually ski. I find that kinda weird.

I'm not exactly the biggest gun control advocate, but some regulation would probably help avoid people getting shot by their dogs or babies without sending 80% of the country immediately to gulags. There are so many guns in circulation in US that somebody with ill intents can easily obtain a gun, and not much any regulation can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    After all you have 11k+ post on a skiing forum but don’t actually ski. I find that kinda weird.
    In spite of two kids currently in college burning away all my fun money, I've been skiing TWICE this season and posted in the Southeast thread. Once again you are clueless and posting total bullshit.

I'll likely make the 3 hour drive up at least one more time this season. So kindly fuck off...

Quote Originally Posted by OJ204 View Post
    There are so many guns in circulation in US that somebody with ill intents can easily obtain a gun, and not much any regulation can do about that.
    i guess so, but for most of these mass shootings they just go and get a legal one and ammo and a couple of days later they’re killing strangers.

permitting process, insurance, etc, would all gun up the works for future killers.

and 100% agree with laws to prevent toddlers from killing their parents/siblings, it’s too sad, common, and fucked up.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    permitting process, insurance, etc, would all gun up the works for future killers.
    Gunning up the works seems counter productive.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ204 View Post
    I'm not exactly the biggest gun control advocate, but some regulation would probably help avoid people getting shot by their dogs or babies without sending 80% of the country immediately to gulags. There are so many guns in circulation in US that somebody with ill intents can easily obtain a gun, and not much any regulation can do about that.
    How do you feel about knives?

My ignore list gets longer everyday. Disagreeing with me doesn't earn a spot. It's reserved for people who are disagreeable.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Probably should feel stronger about the knives as those are commonly used in violent crime around here.

^brentwood must be wild

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    How do you feel about dicks, big dicks?
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.