• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 154 of 295 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 7374
    Correct there is no special federal registration requirement for a handgun with a magazine holding more than 10 rounds. Good luck getting that passed in US Congress anytime soon.

You may recall Bobby Stainless’ idea of making all semi-auto firearms subject to NFA/GCA. I think it’s a good idea but no way that will get past GQP Congress either

Regardless of Congressional inaction, You won’t be able to legally own said long-ass mag in the great State of OR if this passes.

Besides, if you can’t put a solid hit on a target in five rounds, your problem isn’t lack of magazine capacity…

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Besides, if you can’t put a solid hit on a target in five rounds, your problem isn’t lack of magazine capacity…
    But the "target" of people who feel they "need" that kind of firepower is the US Military that they fear will force them to marry a same sex gay person and get an abortion. It's all fantalsy land civil war planning. Otherwise just being able to rent fun guns at the range would be sufficient to scratch the itch of shooting those things.. and it is hella fun. I've done it but don't "need" one at home....because I'm not scenario planning the overthrow of the US government anytime soon..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    My daughter has started teaching in a new school (and district) this fall and today was lockdown practice day at her elementary school w local PD. She's been at the school roughly 2 months now. Preparation for this drill was 1 email to staff regarding classroom security at the beginning of the school year in August. In the 6 weeks school has been in session admin never once visited each class room to see if security measures were in place as directed. Needless to say local PD found some deficiencies.

It seems apparent every classroom needs to have a functioning lock on the classroom door(s) and imho every classroom needs a door security bar. PD told my daughter she needed a weapon such as a bat or golf club in the classroom. I guess having a weapon might encourage resistance among the teachers.

I'm pretty sure if I had a kid in school these days I'd be texting the teacher to find out if any security measures and/or training had occurred and what it consisted of. If that didn't satisfy me it would be the principle next and after that the Superintendent.
    These school shootings are tragic, but they’re still exceedingly rare. Do you think our public schools should be locked down like prisons and teachers reduced to security detail as a priority over education?

The answer is harder access to firearms and more thorough awareness and recognition of mental illness.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Correct there is no special federal registration requirement for a handgun with a magazine holding more than 10 rounds. Good luck getting that passed in US Congress anytime soon.

You may recall Bobby Stainless’ idea of making all semi-auto firearms subject to NFA/GCA. I think it’s a good idea but no way that will get past GQP Congress either

Regardless of Congressional inaction, You won’t be able to legally own said long-ass mag in the great State of OR if this passes.

I don't disagree with you that much. However, there are two minor quibbles. I'm not talking about a new NFA scheme on the national level. Do it on the state level. I'll happily register said "long-ass mag". In VT they ended sales of new or used mags above 10 for rifles and 15 for handguns. Possession of existing was left in place (with no registration). Not sure they thought about the interchangeable ones, like AR pistols for example. An example, I'd love to buy a semi version of the M249, but one can't link more than 10 rounds in VT. I'd be willing to register it and undergo a more thorough background check. I'm a slight "small and medium arms of the cold war" history buff that doesn't really have the coin, yet, to collect and shoot these things.

And as far as getting the job done with 5, you are assuming a single target. Not that I ever hope or expect to be in that situation. I'm just pointing it out. Larger mags are for engaging multiple targets and or suppressive fire.

No, I am not some right wing kook worried about antifa and a Marxist government imposed martial law. If anything, I am more worried about right wing kooks, either acting independently or after having taken over government (as they are currently trying to do).

And, I definitely think reducing the available firepower and ease of availability are good things. I'm on board with that. I'd actually start with handguns instead of long guns if it were my choice, which it isn't.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nat...eeze-1.6624653

there is up here, it would seem i can no longer buy a handgun
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nat...eeze-1.6624653

there is up here, it would seem i can no longer legally buy a handgun
    fify

I can't wait to to see the gun crime rates drop in the big cities with this new legislation.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Just another school shooting in St Louis today.
    If only there was something we could do. I mean, we know there is, it's just that as a society we don't want to. Selfish and sick.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    fify

I can't wait to to see the gun crime rates drop in the big cities with this new legislation.
    well ya its a political move but the optics are great eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    fify

You and I will be dead by then but it will have to happen. You and me dying.

Meanwhile, a teen was killed on RT2 near Stevens last week. Someone in an SUV with a roof basket pullued up behind the car she was being driven home in, put a handgun out the widow and shot her in the head through the rear window. In other news, SK's seems to be the mass murder weapon of choice in Canada. Cheap, legal and up to the task if it doesn't jam. I had one for a while to shoot concrete pavers with.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Here's why there's nothing we can do... In a NUT SHELL... Bro scared to go to McDonalds without a gun..

Welcome, UVA!

Too soon. We still need time to heal from the mass shootings last week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...a-63693310.amp

i am sure the easy access to firearms and bullshit online played little to no role.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I woke up to the NYT headline on my phone. All I could think of was for god's sake someone make it stop. WTF is wrong with people? So fucking sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...a-63693310.amp

i am sure the easy access to firearms and bullshit online played little to no role.
    ?:
    As of Sept. 28, there have been 348 “red flag” cases in Colorado, the majority filed by police departments, since the law went into effect in 2020. The Colorado Springs Police Department has filed two petitions in that time.

In this gun-saturated community, more than 7,000 firearms have been stolen since 2017 in Colorado Springs alone, according to police department data, more than 20 times the national rate of firearm thefts, according to Department of Justice statistics. One of those stolen guns was used to shoot a Colorado Springs officer in the head in 2018. He survived.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 11-20-2022 at 01:22 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    WTF is wrong with people?
    Check out SB upthread a couple posts…he’s more concerned with fish penis

He likes Fish Sticks?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Check out SB upthread a couple posts…he’s more concerned with fish penis
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    He likes Fish Sticks?
    What else would a gay fish eat?

So this kid was apparently the grandson of mags-nutter CA Assemblyman Randy Voepel out of Santee. I am sure it is just a coincidence.

only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is......a couple of unarmed gay guys.

Someone let all the armed officers in Uvalde know that this is how it's done.

lets put 2 gay clubbers in every school

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is......a couple of unarmed gay guys.

Someone let all the armed officers in Uvalde know that this is how it's done.

lets put 2 gay clubbers in every school
    Fuck ya!

I love how the guy shooting up the gay club is subdued and pistol whipped by two gay guys.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ya not to take away from the horrific tragedy but some ray of light knowing the drag queens eventually overpowered and beat the shit out of the terrorist with his own gun.

OR Measure 114 passed this month. Bans magazines of more than 10 rounds, requires a permit and proof of gun safety course. No time limit on waiting before background check complete - closes the “Charleston loophole”.

Four rural county sheriffs have said they won’t enforce the magazine limit.
    And the gun sales lobby has filed suit saying the 10 round limit is unconstitutional in light of the Heller decision. Some of these county sheriffs think they have the constitutional right to decide which laws are enforced.

https://www.opb.org/article/2022/11/...city-magazine/
    https://www.kptv.com/2022/11/19/laws...d-whole-thing/

We shall see what happens.