• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 153 of 295 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Registration obviates the need for prohibition. Let people own whatever they want as long as it's registered. Repeal that 1986 bullshit about machine guns. Anyone willing to register and demonstrate qualifications should be allowed to possess. Obviously certain items should have restrictions on where they can be used.
    Registration doesn't stop a SUICIDAL maniac from killing 50 people in 30 seconds.. Having to reload at least slows that down. Registration does make red flag laws more realistic and actionable... knowing what we're dealing with helps..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Registration obviates the need for prohibition. .
    I laughed.

OTOH. Kiosks at airports in major cities renting tactical hoodies like cars to tourists would kill. Supported by late nite 1-800 ads stowing a little fear.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Registration doesn't stop a SUICIDAL maniac from killing 50 people in 30 seconds.. Having to reload at least slows that down. Registration does make red flag laws more realistic and actionable... knowing what we're dealing with helps..
    I have no skin in this game at all… but we’ve got the 5 round max thing here in Canuckistan…

Which is very easily circumvented by removing a single rivet… so good in theory but a useless “law”

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Registration should apply to firearms or it doesn't -- we all know what happens when one of these rules gets parsed by some subdivision of firearm characteristics. It will not work.

I find the big brother part of the notion of who has access to the info to be a little silly. The authority, whoever it may be, needs to actually have authority. Similarly to above...parsing that authority out will only make it ineffective. [altho maybe that's the point of the argumentation: to create problem structures that end up not actually working ("See? It doesn't work!")]

"kill switch" & "martial law"? jfc, that's cuckoo..paranoia is real
    Cops can’t already do their day jobs, the process should be vested with a different authority.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Cops can’t already do their day jobs, the process should be vested with a different authority.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    I don’t disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    I have no skin in this game at all… but we’ve got the 5 round max thing here in Canuckistan…

Which is very easily circumvented by removing a single rivet… so good in theory but a useless “law”
    It's three here for pump shotguns, hunting rules.. a piece of plastic you can take out to hold more

That you approve of this kind of shitshow says more about you than the shitshow

Horrible story coming out of Thailand. https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-63156417
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It's three here for pump shotguns, hunting rules.. a piece of plastic you can take out to hold more
    The 5round limit is for semi-auto long guns. 10round limit for handgun mags. No limit on semi-auto rim fire or bolt/pump/lever action centre fire long guns. The 3round shotgun limit is for hunting only; you can buy a defender shotgun without the tube mag limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Horrible story coming out of Thailand. https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-63156417
    Definitely need red flag laws for people deemed too unstable to carry on as a police officer..

if firearms laws worked in Canada we wouldn't need more of them, enforce the laws on the books now regarding gun crime and quit plea bargaining away the firearms charges

criminals are going to crime
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

My daughter has started teaching in a new school (and district) this fall and today was lockdown practice day at her elementary school w local PD. She's been at the school roughly 2 months now. Preparation for this drill was 1 email to staff regarding classroom security at the beginning of the school year in August. In the 6 weeks school has been in session admin never once visited each class room to see if security measures were in place as directed. Needless to say local PD found some deficiencies.

It seems apparent every classroom needs to have a functioning lock on the classroom door(s) and imho every classroom needs a door security bar. PD told my daughter she needed a weapon such as a bat or golf club in the classroom. I guess having a weapon might encourage resistance among the teachers.

I'm pretty sure if I had a kid in school these days I'd be texting the teacher to find out if any security measures and/or training had occurred and what it consisted of. If that didn't satisfy me it would be the principle next and after that the Superintendent.

A teachers job is to teach, not provide security. Jfc.

Get rid of the fucking guns you stupid fn Americans

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    A teachers job is to teach, not provide security. Jfc.

Get rid of the fucking guns you stupid fn Americans
    It's the "since I've got to be able to keep my gun EVERYONE else should also have to have a gun to defend themselves from people like me when we snap" mentality..

In Oregon, proposed ballot Measure 114 calls for increased screening in advance of purchase including proof of completing a firearm safety course. It also bans sales of firearms with a magazine capacity of 10 rounds.

https://ballotpedia.org/Oregon_Measu...tiative_(2022)

If you read the Arguments in Opposition, the position of the OR Sheriff’s Assn, a 501(c)4, is only one not written by the “muh fredumbs” crowd. Not surprising as county sheriffs and OR State Police do not want to become the arbiters of who gets a permit. They also claim the 10 round magazine provision is not enforceable due to status of similar measure in CA. There are a bunch of other states with similar capacity provisions, so I’m a little dubious of that claim.

I think the max mag capacity should be five, but I’ll take this…

wouldn't it be the teacher who is the most likely to snap ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    In Oregon, proposed ballot Measure 114 calls for increased screening in advance of purchase including proof of completing a firearm safety course. It also bans sales of firearms with a magazine capacity of 10 rounds.

https://ballotpedia.org/Oregon_Measu...tiative_(2022)

If you read the Arguments in Opposition, the position of the OR Sheriff’s Assn, a 501(c)4, is only one not written by the “muh fredumbs” crowd. Not surprising as county sheriffs and OR State Police do not want to become the arbiters of who gets a permit. They also claim the 10 round magazine provision is not enforceable due to status of similar measure in CA. There are a bunch of other states with similar capacity provisions, so I’m a little dubious of that claim.

I think the max mag capacity should be five, but I’ll take this…
    I'm fine with infinite magazine capacity, as long as those over the arbitrary limit are registered under a permit requiring full background check, training, insurance, proper storage, etc. I do not agree with prohibition, generally. I think a robust permitting and registration system is the way to go for items that "you people" (meant affectionately) wish to ban. Similar to the current paradigm, but better, for machine guns, silencers, SBR&S. Even for existing. Register or become a felon.

I'm fine with infinite magazine capacity, as long as those over the arbitrary limit are registered under a permit requiring full background check, training, insurance, proper storage, etc. I do not agree with prohibition, generally. I think a robust permitting and registration system is the way to go for items that "you people" (meant affectionately) wish to ban. Similar to the current paradigm, but better, for machine guns, silencers, SBR&S. Even for existing. Register or become a felon.
    The law is modeled after similar laws in other states (notably CT) that have seen decreases in mass shootings following implementation.

People would be able to apply for license under Federal Firearms Act of 1938, which covers automatic weapons, bazookas and the like. Just takes a while longer to get one.

People would be able to apply for license under Federal Firearms Act of 1938, which covers automatic weapons, bazookas and the like. Just takes a while longer to get one.
    But are hi cap mags covered under NFA?

Does this improve vetting of who buys and keep track of what they buy? Those would be two of the objectives of better gun control/regulation. Add in liability insurance to carry and major penalties for not properly securing it..i.e. leaving it in your car....Lose your handgun/CCL/CCA/NFA forever if you're found to not be securing your weapons properly..

But are hi cap mags covered under NFA?
    NFA covers machine guns, which I think counts as hi cap

Right. But it doesn't, at the moment, allow me to register a hi-cap for a semi, which is what I'm proposing.