• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 232 of 295 FirstFirst ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Seemingly close call in fucking Tahoe City of all places - in case there was any doubt this shit can happen anywhere. I can’t even imagine seeing someone carrying this shit around here. Let alone what he was planning. The new Little Mermaid was playing at the theater. Assholes.

Attachment 460637

https://goldrushcam.com/sierrasuntim...n-suspects-car
    Looks like he was planning on selling drugs.

In other news, murder rate declines sharply, to levels close to before the pandemic uptick and almost in line with the overall trend of falling over the past 3 decades. Shooting rates and overall gun crime also in decline, although things classified as mass shootings still on the rise.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...f6bbbf15&ei=88
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

For the Bobbys out there: DOJ Prosecuting Pot-Using Gun Owners Despite State Legalization

Per the potheads at the National review:

The 2A as in the foundational federal law via Constitution is good, absolute and unbending.

But other federal laws? Not so fast! This time....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/do...b2O?ocid=hpmsn

Federal statute makes it a felony punishable by up to 15 years for an unlawful user of a controlled substance to possess a firearm. Gun owners who partake in marijuana according to the laws of their state are therefore left in a precarious position.
    This is a bad position to be in imho:

She was also charged with making a false statement about her marijuana usage. She checked “no” on a form that asked: “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?”

the caffeine was gonna get her either way

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    the caffeine was gonna get her either way
    True. Plus her kid shot the teacher with her gun. Bad look all-around.

CA gov proposes a 28th amendment.
    https://twitter.com/gavinnewsom/stat...84034406666241

1) Raising the minimum age to purchase a gun to 21

2) Universal background checks

3) A reasonable waiting period for gun purchases

4) Banning the civilian purchase of assault weapons
    I’d like to think this could get some traction, but some deep pockets would throw everything into resisting it.

BTW, reading the comments is kind of jaw-dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    <snip>
    You're old enough to know not to do that...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You're old enough to know not to do that...
    I knew you’d reply to that. YHBT

I knew you’d reply to that. YHBT
    I laffed.

CA gov proposes a 28th amendment.
    https://twitter.com/gavinnewsom/stat...84034406666241

I’d like to think this could get some traction, but some deep pockets would throw everything into resisting it.

Great that you only get to see ‘blue check’ replies. Just the self-selected stupidest dumbfucks rising to the top and blocking out everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Looks like he was planning on selling drugs.

In other news, murder rate declines sharply, to levels close to before the pandemic uptick and almost in line with the overall trend of falling over the past 3 decades. Shooting rates and overall gun crime also in decline, although things classified as mass shootings still on the rise.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...f6bbbf15&ei=88
    So I realize I'm probably on everyone's ignore list anyways, but no one has anything to say about this shocking revelation that the US is actually getting less violent and safer, despite propaganda to the contrary? And despite none of the gun control efforts being succesful in the last couple years and record numbers of guns getting bought?

No one wants to mental gymnastic their way into making it make sense? Or at least like, celebrate that the US isn't going down the crapper like they tell us it is and feel relief and gratitude and trust for your fellow citizens for a moment?

I don't think the gun sales explain it all, but rather the pendulum swinging back from the defund the police movement and pandemic restrictions on policing the very small percentage of the population involved in the drug trade which is responsible for the overwhelming amount of violent crime.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

So 2023 is slightly less murdery than 2022. Awesome.

From 2012-2022 gun death rate in the US essentially doubled.

In the same time period, property crime and violent crime dropped 25%+.

The issue is easy access to firearms.

Wake. The. Fuck. Up.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...hs-in-the-u-s/

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...me-in-the-u-s/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Don’t forget to include suicides as preventable gun deaths too

Wake. The. Fuck. Up.

so someone is shooting all the property and violent crime committers?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post

so someone is shooting all the property and violent crime committers?
    If they're shooting the "innocent until proven guilty" people that's then falling in the gun murder category instead of the violent assault category. Also, violent criminals are more likely to have and use guns to commit those crimes so they're increasing the gun deaths at the same time.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Went to a HS graduation last night. Pretty happy I didn’t get shot. Head was on a swivel though.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Went to a HS graduation last night. Pretty happy I didn’t get shot. Head was on a swivel though.
    Hopefully you were strapped like Rambo. Only way to be safe.

/S

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    If they're shooting the "innocent until proven guilty" people that's then falling in the gun murder category instead of the violent assault category. Also, violent criminals are more likely to have and use guns to commit those crimes so they're increasing the gun deaths at the same time.
    but still less criminals, right?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    but still less criminals, right?
    They're out there, plenty of them.. The IRS will find them..

9 shot in SF on Friday night?
    3 in Portland?
    Just another american evening out?

ffs

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    So 2023 is slightly less murdery than 2022. Awesome.

Wake. The. Fuck. Up.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...hs-in-the-u-s/

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...me-in-the-u-s/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You use the words 'slightly less' to describe the single most drastic drop in violence and gun violence and murder in living memory.

The uptick you mention also was drastic but it was a slight upward blip on a 30 year long downward trend. You guys talk like the US is Mogadishu.

So what caused these changes? Seems to me like the pandemic and associated stress and defund the police movement caused the uptick, while gun controllers have not made any noticeable progress towards their goals that could possible be credited with the reduction.

Wake the fuck up? Very compelling argument.

bless your heart…

I'm sure that the unemployment rates being the lowest they've been this century (longer) and entry level wages being higher than they've ever been have nothing to do with the reduction in crime rates. It's gotta be the guns instead of more people having more money and less financial desperation..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm sure that the unemployment rates being the lowest they've been this century (longer) and entry level wages being higher than they've ever been have nothing to do with the reduction in crime rates. It's gotta be the guns instead of more people having more money and less financial desperation..
    Well no that sounds great.

but it clearly wasn't gun control. You know, the thing you guys are told and repeat that is the ONLY way violence is going to go down. The thing that is supposedly absolutely necessary because all else has and is failing.

And your sarcasm is kinda odd considering this has been my message for a long time in this thread. Even with huge uptick in new gun sales, as well as huge growth in the number of people that own guns, including the fastest growing segments being whole new demographics, specifically minorities and women, which have typically been very low percentage owners of firearms, violence goes down in accordance with unemployment and targeted policing of the very small segment of society that are professional criminals and responsible for the vast majority of gun crime and violent crime in general. Crazy how that works.

Seems almost like if one wanted to actually solve or improve these problems, there are more productive and less divisive ways to focus ones energy than against law abiding gun owners. But then there's the need to maintain the addiction to outrage dopamine.

Regardless, can't we all just breathe a sigh of relief and gratitude?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Regardless, can't we all just breathe a sigh of relief and gratitude?
    I'll wait until I can send my kid to school without worrying he'll get shot to death, thanks.
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    I'll wait until I can send my kid to school without worrying he'll get shot to death, thanks.
    My kid had a nightmare (but kind of funny - his words) about a school shooting last night.

Dreamt a teenager was shooting at kids in the school yard, but funny since his gun was too big so he couldn’t aim it and didn’t hit any kids.

Fuck anyone who’s making excuses for this shit our kids are having to deal with.