• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 81 of 295 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Can't shoot sky fairy daddy.... or can you? Maybe with a proper sized hi-cap magazine. Shall not be infringed!
    Umm, we can send nukes into space. Haven’t you seen Armageddon?

Space Force is probably working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Here's a though. Let's put barrels of AR's, AK's and Glock .40's on every corner in Chicago, Barrel of ammo beside it. See if all the laws currently on the books help anything.

Why don't we start by enforcing the existing laws? Convicted felon in possession, ten year mandatory minimum sentence. Problem is it gets bargained away. And if enforced, a majority of the problem in Chicago would be off the streets. We don't want to pay for it, simple as that.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Here's a though. Let's put barrels of AR's, AK's and Glock .40's on every corner in Chicago, Barrel of ammo beside it. See if all the laws currently on the books help anything.

Why don't we start by enforcing the existing laws? Convicted felon in possession, ten year mandatory minimum sentence. Problem is it gets bargained away. And if enforced, a majority of the problem in Chicago would be off the streets. We don't want to pay for it, simple as that.
    What existing law could have been enforced to prevent the Uvalde shooting?

Do you not keep up with the news? i know you were just quoting that famouse ronald reagan's quip as if someone else invented it recently but I just want to get this straight:

Rather than make it more difficult for people to buy weapons and then slaughter people (even though in this rash of mass shootings the perpetrators have done exactly that) you want police to enforce laws not at the point of sale over the counter which is out in the open and could be subject to checks, but at some nebulous moment between when a gun is bought in a lax state like Indiana (more than half the gun crimes in Illinois came from out of state) and a later point in time when it goes into a criminal's (or future criminal's) hands?

You do realize that "the existing gun laws" are designed to be stupid because they were written by the NRA, right?
    I mean, to really track down the guns going from hands to hands, we would need some sort of registry and database right? Is that what you want? Or maybe federal dollars to study the problem? Or borders to check cars and shake people down at state lines? That sounds expensive!

Because more than half of the guns used in Chicago came from out of state, and were bought legally, and as far as I can tell there is very little regulation of person to person transfers. "You good to have a gun? Cool".

Almost all pro gun arguments are fucking deranged, but if you still want to play out your little gun fantasy go put all the barrels of loaded weapons in your own city. The only problem with that is that you're still off loading the problem to all of us that just want to live in peace so you don't have to pay for a license or wait a decent amount of time to get an effective and cheap killing device.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

And the. let’s put those newly armed antifa on a bus to deepest Tennessee

Why don't we just reinstate the draft. People would have "a job," get to learn valuable life lessons, maybe learn some work ethic, get to visit fun places, and learn gun safety.
    Are we going to make sure everyone regardless of economic resources (college access) gets selected equally, no bogus bone spurs exemptions? Zero deferments..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Right, those felons that shot up those schools. Why are you so fixated on Chicago? Over 60% of guns for Chicago come from outside the state, mostly permissive states like Mississippi and Indiana. This is why national scale restrictions and legislation is needed.
    So do you actually want to fix the problem or just regurgitate the garbage you hear on Fox news and in right wing blogs?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Anyone?…………anyone?

Anyone from the “enforce existing laws” crowd have an answer here or did this question just kill your argument?

Crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    So do you actually want to fix the problem or just regurgitate the garbage you hear on Fox news and in right wing blogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    [not going to get sidetracked by commenting on all]
    States need to enact waiting periods. Oh wait, we have that.
    we do not - only 9 states do
    [checks notes] I see TN isn't one of them
    how about we nationalize those laws as a first step?
    [silence from TNKen]

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Every time this happens and people are willing to give something the same thing happens.

Instead of focusing on banning assault weapons, or fixing the loopholes in current laws, or maybe write some good new ones, it gets political.

People in positions of power start making really dumb comments, like banning 9mm handguns. And The guy who was willing to give up his AR says to himself “this clown is talking out of his ass, and who knows what the hell the bill finally look like”?

I’m for a lot of changes, I recently explained to a small gun shop owner near me and he reminded me we are arresting felons in possession of guns in St. Louis everyday, and we’re letting them out of jail in 2 weeks.

I think people need to realize, we can write whatever law makes you feel good, but it means shit without enforcement. And that means real $$$. More cops, or you won’t have daily crime investigated, more prisons, etc. it would be gargantuan effort to get control of the crisis. And lots of $$$

Just Limiting new sales is a pathetic joke.

We can start talking about legalizing or decriminalizing drugs. That isn't a factor in mass shootings, but in shootings that aren't random mass murder, they are usually about domestic violence or the illegal drug trade. Statistically random mass murder is still a very small number of shootings compared to the others.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    The red flag laws that already exist?

His classmates had reported his murderous rantings for years supposedly.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    The red flag laws that already exist?

His classmates had reported his murderous rantings for years supposedly.
    it was Texas you dishonest dented skull fart savoring moron, they don’t have red flag laws.

now fuck off and fondle your gun

Every time Ken posts I think about him forking over $85k for a Carhartt edition pickup because he thought it was on on-brand, only to have Tucker tell him weeks later Carhartt should be boycotted.

If only there was something we could do...

Brutal: https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/07/polit...use/index.html

They could only ID kids from the sneakers they wore?

Fuck all the people who won’t do a fucking thing about this shit.

So what do you guys think made the rates of mass shootings skyrocket recently? Guns haven't gotten more available? What is causing the rise?

Law change in Texas for one, making guns easier to access.
    Supremem Court rulings restricting gun bans.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05...ass-shootings/
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pol...s-17221967.php

All this shit is obvious and relevant information readily available to those without their heads up their ass.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

So what do you guys think made the rates of mass shootings skyrocket recently? Guns haven't gotten more available? What is causing the rise?
    I was shopping for guns 2 years ago. There were practically none to be found.. Pawn shops, Bass Pro, even dedicated gun shops had big empty spots on shelves. Choices and options were QUITE limited then. Ammo was even harder to get. Look back at the Guns thread discussions, not just here. Supply shortages and demand spikes do to the pandemic. Supplies are starting to catch up so they absolutely have gotten more available now you disingenuous troll.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Mental health, Covid lockdowns, video gaming, anti depressants, broken families political hate at all time high and poisoning people and 20 yrs of militarizing and glamorizing the tactical life etc.

The power of the American marketing machine. You're welcome.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Mental health, Covid lockdowns, video gaming, anti depressants
    1 no worse than anywhere else
    2 not as bad as elsewhere
    3 for fucks suck
    4 deranged talking point

guns. And a broken gun culture pushed by dented skull smooth brain fart savoring toilet licking morons like you. Dead children and heartbroken parents are the price of your cosplay Leroy and you don’t want to change a thing. Own it

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    which gun laws would have stopped uvalde or buffalo that went unenforced?
    i have asked this as well. CRICKETS

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    1 no worse than anywhere else
    2 not as bad as elsewhere
    3 for fucks suck
    4 deranged talking point
    5. We’ve always had guns too

People are going crazy. Living in an alternate reality with media. Shit were both doing it in here. It ain’t healthy.

We can start talking about legalizing or decriminalizing drugs. That isn't a factor in mass shootings, but in shootings that aren't random mass murder, they are usually about domestic violence or the illegal drug trade. Statistically random mass murder is still a very small number of shootings compared to the others.
    Every Monday morning in St Louis the shooting report Over the weekend usually adds up to a mass amount if not multiple homocides in 2-3 locations. That’s where guns do daily damage, but no one wants to solve for that. Down there, it’s quite simple, poverty, they can’t afford PlayStations. It’s cheap, shitty guns floating around.

I’ve told this story before. Walked into a gun shop last yr, a crack head followed me in, when the salesman asked what we needed, the crackhead pulled a gun out and said “I need bullets for this”

It was a classic, only I’m America, horror scene

2yo in FLA shot his dad dead with his mom’s unsecured gun

Poor little kid may never survive that burden once he’s old enough to understand

They’re charging the mom so he won’t have a mom or a dad in the meantime