• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 113 of 295 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 7374

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Lovely night last night. Not sure why people think they need a gun for protection...

What would owning a gun do in a “shots fired” scenario? Without further clarification that could simply be calls to report the sound of gun fire from blocks away.

Maybe most importantly, the types of guns assumed to be best for home safety are often the worst. Very few people have decent accuracy with a hand gun. When combined with fear and adrenaline, accuracy goes down.

I’ve argued for years that the best home security firearm is a pump action shotgun. If you hear someone breaking in, rack that fucker and let them know you have a shotgun. If the intruder persists, blast one in the air out the window. If for some reason that methhead just keeps coming, you don’t need to be all
    that accurate to stop them in their tracks.

You may also note that there are not a lot of mass killings with a shotgun used as the primary weapon. Which is nice.

Nice to see the experts weigh in

OMG. !!
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Lovely night last night. Not sure why people think they need a gun for protection...

Egg meet chicken. Those guns used in that sideshow came from good guys afraid of that shit not properly securing their firearms and thus causing the exact shitshow they were afraid of. It's their/your fault this shit is happening more and more..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

I’ve argued for years that the best home security firearm is a pump action shotgun. If you hear someone breaking in, rack that fucker and let them know you have a shotgun. If the intruder persists, blast one in the air out the window. If for some reason that methhead just keeps coming, you don’t need to be all
    that accurate to stop them in their tracks.

You may also note that there are not a lot of mass killings with a shotgun used as the primary weapon. Which is nice.
    A buddy of mine bought the defender for bear protection up here in Narthern BC there are a fair amount of them carried up here by forestry types

he said he took it out into a field to test fire and missed an old stove from 40 ft so he went back and bought the folding stock
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

the best home security...is a
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I hear you, Bobby. There are a ton of non-firearm options that are WAY better than any gun for preventing a break-in. Shit, defensive landscaping and even fake security camera signs have shown to be extremely effective.

I'm just putting the argument out there that most folks aren't quick draw McGraw and that AKs are not really the best option for home security. If that's the case, there is little benefit to the average person to have them in their home other than to get their rocks off.

I hear you, Bobby. There are a ton of non-firearm options that are WAY better than any gun for preventing a break-in. Shit, defensive landscaping and even fake security camera signs have shown to be extremely effective.

I'm just putting the argument out there that most folks aren't quick draw McGraw and that AKs are not really the best option for home security. If that's the case, there is little benefit to the average person to have them in their home other than to get their rocks off.
    bobby needs his comfort guns that he can hug and make him feel safe and secure

If you hear someone breaking in, rack that fucker and let them know you have a shotgun.
    ...and also let them know your position thus giving away your single greatest tactical advantage. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    ...and also let them know your position thus giving away your single greatest tactical advantage. No thanks
    We are discussing a home break in, not an alley by alley fire fight in Aleppo.

If only there was something we could do...

We are discussing a home break in, not an alley by alley fire fight in Aleppo.
    It depends if you really, really, really want to finally get an opportunity to shoot someone…

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    bobby needs his comfort guns that he can hug and make him feel safe and secure
    I prefer the term "therapy gun".

Please be considerate of the proper terminology.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

It’s a prosthetic penis so you can identify as a he, is that respectful enough? Now go sell the underbody coat to grandma so you don’t get stuck with the steaknives at month end Bobby silverspoon

It’s a prosthetic penis so you can identify as a he, is that respectful enough? Now go sell the underbody coat to grandma so you don’t get stuck with the steaknives at month end Bobby silverspoon
    I make more money than you do. Lol.

and here you are getting in bitch fights with randos, Bobby lsd, lol. Goddamn does it feel good to watch a rich bitch waste his expensive time.

The best part about Bobby being involved in a thread like this is that you can predict almost exactly how it will play out: the lonely loser showing off his money and toys and bragging about his great life and his contribution to the TGR community as he compulsively posts every few minutes gaslighting and trolling people who are concerned about kids getting shot in schools on some backwater ski forum.

Go take a look at any other gun control related thread he has been in, same trajectory.

What a life.

Fuck the GOP.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    The best part about Bobby being involved in a thread like this is that you can predict almost exactly how it will play out: the lonely loser showing off his money and toys and bragging about his great life and his contribution to the TGR community as he compulsively posts every few minutes gaslighting and trolling people who are concerned about kids getting shot in schools on some backwater ski forum.

Go take a look at any other gun control related thread he has been in, same trajectory.

What a life.
    After all the false equivalency whataboutism and cherry picked scenarios are debunked and it's irrefutable that more guns does indeed equal more crime and death It always ends with " bla bla bla IT'S MUH RAWT bla bla bla.."

This is why the GQP will never engage in a two sided debate about meaningful gun regulation. They have no data or anything to support their narrative. NONE!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    After all the false equivalency whataboutism and cherry picked scenarios are debunked and it's irrefutable that more guns does indeed equal more crime and death It always ends with " bla bla bla IT'S MUH RAWT bla bla bla.."
    What if it is that simple?

and here you are getting in bitch fights with randos, Bobby lsd, lol. Goddamn does it feel good to watch a rich bitch waste his expensive time.
    Actually I come up with viable solutions while you and the boys have mental breakdowns over my responses.

If we are being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post

What a life.
    One of the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    What if it is that simple?
    Just like it was Pence's right and authority to make Trump President again? Read the ENTIRE text of the 2nd A. Heller was horrifically wrongly decided. It's that simple that folks don't have the individual right to be their own individual unsupervised "well regulated militia".

That doesn't mean shit. Plenty of useless people make lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    That doesn't mean shit. Plenty of useless people make lots of money.
    If you have enough balls to talk shit about selling cars... then you have enough balls to realize I make more money off one car than he does all month.

"Mr. Treehorn draws a lot of water in this town. You don't draw shit Lebowski..."

I don't know if that's right or wrong, but I definitely don't work as hard for my money as Dunfee does. At the end of the day... That's called intelligence.

This thread makes me want to buy more guns

LOL. If nothing else, you are consistent. My guess is you do ok financially but probably middle of the pack relative to other TGR posters. Hence the need to state in multiple threads that you make a ton of money.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

If you have enough balls to talk shit about selling cars... then you have enough balls to realize I make more money off one car than he does all month.

"Mr. Treehorn draws a lot of water in this town. You don't draw shit Lebowski..."

I don't know if that's right or wrong, but I definitely don't work as hard for my money as Dunfee does. At the end of the day... That's called intelligence.
    I guess if you judge your value and worth by $ then sure. And you indisputably deserve the company that it buys you.