• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 295 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Unless there is a murder charge with a death penalty for shitty parenting, nothing will change.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Other countries have responded aggressively to their own gun problems with success. In Scotland, after a similar school shooting in 1996, lawmakers banned private ownership of handguns and automatic weapons. There haven’t been any school shootings since. And in dealing with its own gun violence problems in the 1990s, Australia took and destroyed roughly 650,000 guns from private citizens as part of a buyback program. Rates of gun homicides and suicides plummeted.
    The data from other places is clear about what kind of solution would work, kinda like with health care. Unfortunately, there's roughly zero chance of the US doing something just because we've proved empirically that our way of doing it kills a lot more people than the ways that other countries do things.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    so choke points to slaughter the kids in the morning and afternoon. Great idea. Maybe hire a few more worthless cops who’ll fail to engage a gunman, too? This sounds so useful.

I can’t believe people are serious about this. It’s utterly stupid and unserious. It’s failed with other school shootings.

seems to be working at courthouses across the country -

in multiple posts yesterday, I repeated clearly, I am promoting changing facilities design and operation, Not staffing schools with armed guards ;

I support gun regulation too -
    citizens don't need assault weapons ( nor access to assault weapons). ;

I'll look back dunfree - what solution are you advocating (?)

gun control (?)
    how has that worked over the last 23 years --

mental health (?)
    we seem to be at a point where people are willing to talk about mental health - and talking about anything, changes nothing.

... so I went back three pages, dunfree - lots of sniping, no ideas -
    ' great values are we teaching ten year olds! Is it worth trying!? '
    was a personal favorite. Thank you.

armed guards ? no.
    Safer designs And citizen involvement --

and you keep sniping from you keypad.

I hope you have a great day. skiJ

just own you need death and failure and oppression of other to feel better about your pathetic existence
    ( lovely.

Thank you for your contributions to this discussion -- )

skiJ

so choke points to slaughter the kids in the morning and afternoon. Great idea. Maybe hire a few more worthless cops who’ll fail to engage a gunman, too? This sounds so useful.

I can’t believe people are serious about this. It’s utterly stupid and unserious. It’s failed with other school shootings.
    Don't forget about the Parkland cop who ran away when he heard shots. More police are less than useless as they'll eat up funds meant for teaching and at least a few will assault students for racist/sexist reasons.

The GOP has systematically blocked research, computerization of records and any attempts to improve the situation. There's increasingly high piles of dead kids and adults as a result of nothing being done and nothing will change as long as states like Texas keep pulling the lever for them.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I doubt many of these shooters would attempt it if the gun they had access to was a 5 shot rifle, shotgun or pistol.
    I don't think theses are reasonable people we are discussing. The VA Tech shooter had a 9mm handgun. He was using a 33 round mag, but mags are easy to change.

Probably should just say revolvers only.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

If only there was something we could do...

WHAtAbOuT the Va TeCH sHoOtER?

The only sensible thing you’ve ever said is a Class 3 designation for ARs and other high powered rifle.

Class 3 designation for ARs and similiar firearms. Federal, State, Local registry for ALL firearms to be transferred with sale of firearm, jail time and fines for not reporting stolen/lost firearms. Insurance requirement for ALL firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    ( lovely.

skiJ
    Dunfree is still mad TGR fired him.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    WHAtAbOuT the Va TeCH sHoOtER?
    Well he used a handgun. Handguns kill more people by an extremely large margin.

I'm not sure if he means a 5 shot pistol or not. Even still, it's really easy to change a mag.

Regardless. The VA Tech shooter killed many more with a 9mm handgun.

Most people are buying AR15 pistols anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I don't think theses are reasonable people we are discussing.
    It's more - with a bolt action or small pistol it's significantly harder to do as much damage quickly and it makes them easier to take down.

Well he used a handgun. Handguns kill more people by an extremely large margin.

I'm not sure if he means a 5 shot pistol or not. Even still, it's really easy to change a mag.

Regardless. The VA Tech shooter killed many more with a 9mm handgun.
    Yea, because he brought 20 loaded magazines.

Easy. There should be an application and skill test to own a gun. Just like to drive a car. Application process should be electronic and revokable for cause. Waiting period would be built into the application and you don’t have to wait again for a second or third gun. Require all gun transfers, even private party, to document transfer and who received the gun. Ban all high capacity magazines.

None of that will happen in the next decade.

I doubt many of these shooters would attempt it if the gun they had access to was a 5 shot rifle, shotgun or pistol.
    agreed, a start at least....not everyone will be happy but concessions have to be made by either side if we want to improve the current process for gun ownership. or as you said - nothing will change......and unfortunately i think that's where we're headed. egos over regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    It's more - with a bolt action or small pistol it's significantly harder to do as much damage quickly and it makes them easier to take down.
    Oh really. He could've done the same thing with this.

Yea, because he brought 20 loaded magazines.
    I don't think that is accurate. I think he had a 33 round mag. But you make my point for me. Easy to carry lots of mags.

The only sensible thing you’ve ever said is a Class 3 designation for ARs and other high powered rifle.

Class 3 designation for ARs and similiar firearms. Federal, State, Local registry for ALL firearms to be transferred with sale of firearm, jail time and fines for not reporting stolen/lost firearms. Insurance requirement for ALL firearms.
    Im pretty sure I said it in the Parkland thread.

I don't think that is accurate. I think he had a 33 round mag. But you make my point for me. Easy to carry lots of mags.
    So let’s really make it harder for anyone but hardcore enthusiasts to purchase weapons and ammo. Leaving it up to personal responsibility is clearly a failure.

Oh really. He could've done the same thing with this.
    See, that's no longer a pistol.

So let’s really make it harder for anyone but hardcore enthusiasts to purchase weapons and ammo. Leaving it up to personal responsibility is clearly a failure.
    All my suppressors took over a year. Im currently on week 13 waiting on a SBR, which I could've bought as pistol and had that day.

The ATF makes no sense.

The kid was playing a video called “dead by daylight” that morning. And was making threats online while playing.

Nothing we can do about the games, but they ain’t Castle Wolfenstein.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    See, that's no longer a pistol.
    It's a bolt action AR style pistol. It is considered a handgun by the ATF. That is not a stock. That is an arm brace.

These are the people making the laws.

Magazine size limits seem to make sense from a lot of perspectives, but IMO that cat is out of the bag. Magazines are relatively simple to manufacture, and I'm fairly sure you can 3D print them (or at least most of one) at this point. Trying to restrict access to standard military-style and larger magazines (I'm not willing to call a 30-round magazine "large capacity" when that's the standard for the class of firearm) would, again IMO, only affect the most by the book owners and provide the possibility of additional charges when one of the more radical types got arrested for something else.

Case in point: Vermont banned the sale or import to the state of rifle magazines over 10 rounds, and to date, the only widely reported case where they enforced the law was against a white supremacist who was also facing other charges for threatening, and they were able to get witnesses to discuss his trip out of state to buy the magazines.

I can't speak to the veracity of the suggestion, but I've also seen it said that in the event reloading becomes too hard, it's also possible to carry a bunch of revolvers and just keep switching guns. That sounds plausible to me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Semi and obviously full auto everything is probably not "necessary" for any non LEO individual who isn't prepping for a civil war. They're fun and certainly essential for law enforcement though. The notion of personal sidearms, even not semi auto is another can of worms. Probably only "necessary" for folks who have a dangerous job like bounty hunter or repo .. and folks who lave a legit violent stalker restraining order .

But as for everyone else.. Plenty of folks are just legit scared of strangers (potential criminals, assailants) and afraid to go out in the real world without a gun.. Some are on a power trip, embolden to no longer be nice to strangers and speak their minds so to speak.. i.e. bullies.. How do we tell them apart?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I've waited 13 months for this. (short barreled rifle)

I could've bought this the same day. (pistol)

Go ATF!

If only there was something we could do...

Easy. There should be an application and skill test to own a gun. Just like to drive a car. Application process should be electronic and revokable for cause. Waiting period would be built into the application and you don’t have to wait again for a second or third gun. Require all gun transfers, even private party, to document transfer and who received the gun. Ban all high capacity magazines.

None of that will happen in the next decade.

They play video games and then they can walk in and buy the same gun.

My son does not care for guns, because I know so many homes have guns I took him to the range and taught him how to safety check etc. glad I did. But from the games, he knew every make and model there.

My best crazy gun story. During Covid I walked into a gun store with a legit crack head at the same time. A sales person asked her if he could help her and she pulled out s pistol, holding it with two fingers and said “I need bullets for this” I almost hit the dirt. She probably paid $50 for it 15 min before.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    ( lovely.

skiJ
    it’s true though. Just like Bobby stupids need to compensate and post dick pics in this thread

you seem to be convinced that your approach is rational, but to most of the world it looks insane.

and quite frankly if someone thinks society has decayed since the 1940s they are a fucking fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    My son does not care for guns, because I know so many homes have guns I took him to the range and taught him how to safety check etc. glad I did.
    One of the most important things you can teach a kid. How to react and properly handle a firearm is extremely important. 350 million guns and counting, there is a better than average chance they will come in contact with one. Doesn't matter if you like them or not.