• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 295 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    We should send all our guns to Ukraine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Seems like this is the moment all the civilians with body plates have been training for and those guns could use chaperons.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Don't hold your breath.
    Let's have a beer this summer, we'll be rolling through.
    Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    LMAO. Delusional.
    All good with alcohol I'm sure though.

All good if Bobby is drinking a handle of Jack and twirling pistols on his finger.

Yall are something else.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    It's in response to the dumbass cannabis comments.

It takes a gutless motherfucker to accuse someone of breaking the law while simultaneously being "cool" with it.

"Im cool with legalization, but not if it means Bobby Stainless!"
    I think the point being made is the form you filled out is more or less useless since you were still able to get assault weapons even though you technically shouldn't be able to own them. So the solution of classifying more weapons as assault weapons might not be very effective.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I honestly don't think it's JUST the "lone gunman" crazy person with a WMD that we need to protect schools from. There will eventually be a group of fucked up kids/adults who decides to do similar. How many resource officers and locked doors would it take to neutralize say FIVE maniacs with body armor and ARs??

We've got to be open to that threat as well when deciding on what people should be allowed to own/purchase easily..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I honestly don't think it's JUST the "lone gunman" crazy person with a WMD that we need to protect schools from. There will eventually be a group of fucked up kids/adults who decides to do similar. How many resource officers and locked doors would it take to neutralize say FIVE maniacs with body armor and ARs??

We've got to be open to that threat as well when deciding on what people should be allowed to own/purchase easily..
    Agreed. Anyone associated with the Jan 6 insurrection should also have a lifetime ban on owning firearms....as another example. Could easily extend to other unlawful acts.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Since we're on the topic of drugs, it seems pretty clear that the war on drugs has failed. So now we just need to remind the right that regulations on guns would be a new and effective way for them to lock up "dangerous minorities" just like good ol' Ronnie Ray-gun did. Everyone wins!

All good with alcohol I'm sure though.

All good if Bobby is drinking a handle of Jack and twirling pistols on his finger.

Yall are something else.
    Don’t put words in my mouth. I much prefer weed over alcohol. At issue is you on your soapbox of personal responsibility yet you claimed to have lied on federal forms about weed use and have also bragged about morning dabs before taking your kids to school and driving on a racetrack. Fuck, you’re dense.

Don’t put words in my mouth. I much prefer weed over alcohol. At issue is you on your soapbox of personal responsibility yet you claimed to have lied on federal forms about weed use and have also bragged about morning dabs before taking your kids to school and driving on a racetrack. Fuck, you’re dense.
    Says unlawful user... Im not an unlawful user.

It's fairly pathetic the go to is my cannabis use, when everyone here knows cannabis is pretty much harmless. Is this really the argument you guys have? This is how you are best going to keep another mass shooting from happening?

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Where I live that would be illegal, and it appears it is so in Tennessee too, but I’m not a firearms law expert.

fed legalization would be great, it’d stop people getting harassed on federal lands

guess Bobby hasn’t looked at the 2020 version of the form, typical Bobby bullshitter

This has probably already been posted.

https://twitter.com/ihatemytv/status...kdtNLsp1w&s=19

Kind of a tagent since mass shootings occur everywhere in the US.

A maddeningly apolitical ex girlfriend of mine just rode across the country via the southern tier. In her podcast she said one of the things that astonished her were the sheer numbers of police and law enforcement the entire way. Not just along the border.

Protectors? Or enforcers?

One thing great about most of Iowa is we have underfunded the highway patrol for years. It seems much safer now from point a to point b since they are completely overwhelmed compare to say 30 years ago when they were thick like fog and would come for you like a crazed whitetail deer. The governor even sends them to Texas sometimes to get them a driving around vacation. Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Where I live that would be illegal, and it appears it is so in Tennessee too, but I’m not a firearms law expert.

fed legalization would be great, it’d stop people getting harassed on federal lands

guess Bobby hasn’t looked at the 2020 version of the form, typical Bobby bullshitter
    I posted the NICS form for you.

Perhaps you stop obsessing over my choice of intoxicant and actually do something to further your cause?

Nah. That would mean you actually have conviction for all your bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Right. That's the point people are making with how no one on the right batted an eye at the bump stock legislation but would've lost their minds if Biden or Obama did it.
    And it has nothing to do with the last name of the president. It’s a left vs right dealio is my point.

Why Republican senators won't budge on gun control
    Short answer - their constituents will vote them out of office if they do (or that's their fear)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/26/u...n-control.html

How does this happen when a huge majority in the country support things like HR8 (universal registration)?

Because a small portion of the population (rural states) elects more than half of the senate, most all of whom are GOP. Rural voters are the ones that mightily resist any gun control measures.

So until Democrats can bring policies/programs/candidates that appeal to rural voters, don't expect anything to happen on the gun control front.

It's fairly pathetic the go to is my cannabis use, when everyone here knows cannabis is pretty much harmless. Is this really the argument you guys have? This is how you are best going to keep another mass shooting from happening?

Being intoxicated while doing things that shouldn’t be done while intoxicated is the issue, but you know that. You’re completely transparent yet you think you’re fucking slick. Trying so hard to be martyr now.

The majority of the public want restrictions on all firearm sales.
    And a lot of other things too but, sorry, we have an electoral college. Sorry, we can't have nice things unless there's something in it for the regressive minority mired in medieval, the earth is at the center of the universe thinking. That's how God wants it to be. The Constitution is a holy document proving God's covenant with real Americans. The 2nd amendment is a sacred text. You can't confiscate a man's religion! Just gonna be more guns, more Jeebus and more fake ass thoughts and prayers from The Church of Greed.

Since weed is still a Federal Schedule 1 controlled substance any and all use is unlawful by definition for the purpose of that form. A Federal judge or ATF officer will not find your "lawful user" argument persuasive.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    protect and serve

last time I mentioned that to a police officer I thought I was going to get tazed

here's looking at you Vergennes, Vt police department

Vergennes? No shit. Addison County hayseeds.

You’re completely transparent
    Have you tried the ignore function on his bullshit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I’ll at least stop quoting him.

Being intoxicated while doing things that shouldn’t be done while intoxicated is the issue, but you know that. You’re completely transparent yet you think you’re fucking slick. Trying so hard to be martyr now.
    Lawful user. I can go to Colorado or any state that has legal rec and partake. That doesn't forfeit an individuals right to gun ownership. The ATF can enter my house whenever they please. Ive given them that authority. Im not worried about the quarter of pot I have at the house. I get that you don't like internet Bobby Stainless l, but you are focusing on me rather than the issue at hand.

This also means reports the shooter engaged with officers outside the school are false. They're now saying the shooter shot at two civilians before entering the school:

"Escalon said there was not an armed school resource officer at the school who exchanged gunfire with the gunman, contrary to initial reports from DPS officials.

Officers with the Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde school district police arrived about four minutes later and were unable to initially make entry because of an exchange of gunfire. He said the majority of the gunfire was at the beginning of the shooting.
    Approximately an hour later, Escalon said U.S. Border Patrol tactical teams arrived, made entry and killed the gunman. Escalon did not answer questions about why Uvalde police officers did not kill the gunman during the hour he was inside the school."

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Since weed is still a Federal Schedule 1 controlled substance any and all use is unlawful by definition for the purpose of that form. A Federal judge or ATF officer will not find your "lawful user" argument persuasive.
    I posted the exact verbiage from the 2020 version, not the outdated 2012 version. Anyone who’s ever applied for a security clearance sees the fed hardon for weed as stupid, but it persists. Like silly outdated gun laws, other stuff.

^yes, because it’s not legal at the federal level.