• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 110 of 295 FirstFirst ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 7373
    You steered the convo from school shootings to wHATaBOuT the other mass shootings

You gonna try and impress your psych classmates with how much you pwn gun discussions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    The definition for mass shooting of 4 people getting shot does not define what happened in TX.

Not really. People get motivated when a bunch of kids are slaughtered. Normal killings in predominately Black neighborhoods dont seem to really grab the attention of at least this TGR crowd.
    It's coming to light that a LOT of those killings are happening with guns they found left in cars by scared white people..

Gun Thefts from Cars: The Largest Source of Stolen Guns

So that's mostly on you "good guys" too..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If only there was something we could do...

NVM.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 06-16-2022 at 09:31 PM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It's coming to light that a LOT of those killings are happening with guns they found left in cars by scared white people..

Gun Thefts from Cars: The Largest Source of Stolen Guns

So that's mostly on you "good guys" too..
    TN doesn't require permit anymore. Really glad I got my lifetime permit a few years back.

People that have a "car gun" are stupid.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    You steered the convo from school shootings to wHATaBOuT the other mass shootings

You gonna try and impress your psych classmates with how much you pwn gun discussions?
    You just said that children getting slaughtered and gang bangers shooting 4 of each other are different.

I agree. They don't need to be classified as the same thing.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Proof that gins are way more dangerous to the owner and immediate family than they are likely to be heroes.
    Or here is another outcome. There is never an incident good or bad, despite living around guns for generations.

And how many domestic murder suicide deaths? Probably many times that.. .
    Here are the 2021 numbers for half the year. Looks like 316 deaths from murder/suicide. 522 from defensive use.

GUN VIOLENCE ARCHIVE 2022

Evidence Based Research - since 2013PUBLISHED DATE: June 17, 2022

Gun violence and crime incidents are collected/validated from 7,500 sources daily – Incident Reports and their source data are found at the gunviolencearchive.org website.
    Footnotes

1. Number of source verified deaths and injuries
    2. Number of INCIDENTS reported and verified
    3. Calculation based on CDC Suicide Data
    4. Actual total of all non-suicide deaths plus daily calculated suicide deaths

All numbers are subject to change or incidents recategorized as new evidence is established and verified.
    METHODOLOGY & DEFINITIONS AVAILABLE AT:
    https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/methodology
    www.gunviolencearchive.org
    www.facebook.com/gunviolencearchive

On Twitter @gundeaths
    Data Sources Verified: June 15, 2022

Here's a link to every non-suicide shooting in 2021. You've missed a bunch of them.
    https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/r...-of-gun-deaths

Or here is another outcome. There is never an incident good or bad, despite living around guns for generations.

Here are the 2021 numbers for half the year. Looks like 316 deaths from murder/suicide. 522 from defensive use.

Evidence Based Research - since 2013PUBLISHED DATE: June 17, 2022

Gun violence and crime incidents are collected/validated from 7,500 sources daily – Incident Reports and their source data are found at the gunviolencearchive.org website.
    Footnotes

All numbers are subject to change or incidents recategorized as new evidence is established and verified.

On Twitter @gundeaths
    Data Sources Verified: June 15, 2022

Calling "BS" on that source data.. We should also include straight up suicides and straight up domestic murders here because the original assertion is that your gun is more likely to kill you and/or your immediate family than some bad guy. attacking you Thank you for helping totally support that assertion.
    As for your data..

Though there is no national tracking system for murder–suicides in the United States, medical studies into the phenomenon estimate between 1,000 and 1,500 deaths per year in the US,[5] with the majority occurring between spouses or intimate partners and the vast majority of the perpetrators being male. Depression, marital or/and financial problems, and other problems are generally motivators.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder...20being%20male.
    This is exactly why there is never a good time for the GQP to have a two sided debate about common sense gun regulation. There is no data to support any of their good guy with a gun fantasies.. and they know that funding studies to collect better data only makes their side of the debate weaker..
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 06-17-2022 at 06:45 AM.

Speaking of studies and data, wouldn't it be fun to see a study that looks at how all types of gun deaths and injuries, road rage, domestic incidents, suicides, and yes good guy defense hero stories have changed in the wake of the number of legal gun purchases has exploded? I sonder why no one on the gun rights side wants to vote for funding there??

Here's a link to every non-suicide shooting in 2021. You've missed a bunch of them.
    https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/r...-of-gun-deaths
    A) suicides count too
    B) I'm just illustrating the continued death toll while everyone sits around and diddles. My link is the here and now. It's what's in the news. Things aren't getting better doing nothing. It's not like the Clap, you can't ignore it and it will get better. Oh, right, it's exactly like VD. You got to treat it.

Good points. As a measure of gun control, instead of bans, registries, enhanced backgrounds, etc, how about authorizing funding to study gun violence at the CDC level. Maybe none of us know what the fuck we’re talking about.

If I were on a side that wanted no change, I’m pretty sure I would also want no one looking at the issues.

What says the staunch 2A I’m part of a well regulated militia so I can have whatever gun I want whenever I want it? I mean broader research data might show that we don’t have a gun problem and things shouldn’t change right?

Then we’ll know and can sleep better knowing we’ve done everything we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Good points. As a measure of gun control, instead of bans, registries, enhanced backgrounds, etc, how about authorizing funding to study gun violence at the CDC level. Maybe none of us know what the fuck we’re talking about.

If I were on a side that wanted no change, I’m pretty sure I would also want no one looking at the issues.

What says the staunch 2A I’m part of a well regulated militia so I can have whatever gun I want whenever I want it? I mean broader research data might show that we don’t have a gun problem and things shouldn’t change right?

Then we’ll know and can sleep better knowing we’ve done everything we can.
    sHAll NoT Be infRIngEd
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

[COLOR=#FFFFFF][FONT=&]Gun violence and crime incidents are collected/validated from 7,500 sources daily – Incident Reports and their source data are found at the gunviolencearchive.org website.
    Footnotes

Bringing Gun Violence Archive shenanigans into yet another gun violence thread is lame after their numbers were debunked in a previous mass shooting thread. Among other things they play games by making purposeful category errors.

It does illustrate however the need for better data collection in America. As things stand gun violence statistics are reported on a voluntary basis by cities and counties across the country. While gun deaths do tend to get reported, serious bodily injury and discharge of a firearm at or in the direction of a person is less likely to get reported.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    sHAll NoT Be infRIngEd
    Right. That’s why we need some data to finally shut the libtards up.

Ooh, some data would really show those libs.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Unblocking the CDC from studying gun deaths would be a nice step.
    But, come on, there's so much data and virtually no compromise from 2A adherents.

There's a consistent failure to ack the readily available data, so this discussion is pointless.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

We also don't want the next R president to be more motivated to completely shut down the CDC because of their ungodly sciencey stuff now focusing on the #1 passion of the R base.

Yeah, but I feel saying it makes the one side who really won’t compromise anything nor have a real conversation on ambiguous 200+ year old language in the only like country with a situation like ours look that much more silly. Because really if those fat fucks in Hawaiian shirts, body armor and flip flops are all that stand between me and losing my real constitutional freedoms, we’re doomed. Go ahead and say second amendment and Heller. These days it seems as though SC decisions can be reconsidered depending on the appointees of the day on political whim.

The only real near term solution is that the Republicans to continue with their virtually unchecked march toward authoritarianism. Once they achieve total control and turn the checks and balances into bananas they will ban guns because it will be the only tangible threat left to their power and the random shooting situation we have going on today is not sustainable once guns are no longer a wedge issue used by a few to gain power over us peasants.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Thing is, they have no self awareness and looking silly has no impact on their position, just the same old narcissistic projection.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Bringing Gun Violence Archive shenanigans into yet another gun violence thread is lame after their numbers were debunked in a previous mass shooting thread. Among other things they play games by making purposeful category errors.

It does illustrate however the need for better data collection in America. As things stand gun violence statistics are reported on a voluntary basis by cities and counties across the country. While gun deaths do tend to get reported, serious bodily injury and discharge of a firearm at or in the direction of a person is less likely to get reported.
    These discussions always evolve/devolve the same way whenever someone is actually willing to take a shot at debating in favor of the "everyone should be able to carry a gun everywhere" position. It's a bunch of flawed comparison whatabouism, then cherry picked BS data points, and when all that is called out and debunked all that's left is "bla bla bla IT'S MUH RITE bla bla bla".. Been clearly explained 10000000 different ways why it's detrimental and does way more harm than good to continue to maintain MUH RITE to own a gun and bring it to McDonalds.

Ultimately though, I don't really have any dislike for BS or MTT or other IRL friends who choose to carry and play with high body count toys. .. I kinda understand their position and like all addiction disorders, this is 100% fear driven at it's core.. Fear of government, fear of other people out there in the community, etc.. I'm afraid of the possibility of a total breakdown of society, albeit temporary like the aftermath of Katrina.. So I'm not immune from it either..

Bored, SOS; different thread.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).