• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 75 of 295 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 7373
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    At least in Canada the rcmp knows where the guns are. Most of them.
    And the ones they don't know about were likely smuggled in from the US. Ask me why I care about gun laws down south. It's not just because I have family and a lot of good friends down there. Fucking pisses me off that your idiotic laws down there have direct implications on firearm deaths in of innocent people up here.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    ^Not for nuthin' but that twenty-something nubile boobs from 99 is now in her mid to late 40s. I imagine she is.... different now.
    And I like those 40 and 50 sumthin ladies. Hit it all day long. If I can get it up
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Do you read what you write?

You trust your neighbors. Pretty much everyone is decent. Even if they don’t like you, they won’t hurt you. Americans will back you up. And you carry a firearm because you say we are not safe.

Again:
    “Here where I live. Not much [heinouse gun crimes]. Even with all the CA gangster types…”

Why do you carry again?

FYI. It is safer in gun regulated states. Guns are more likely to precipitate suicides or injure or be involved in a crime than get used defensively. I’m sure you don’t believe me, but that’s what people smarter than me have researched and determined.

Yes, I was scared FOR YOU. Not that you were homicidal, but precipitously suicidal (intentionally or accidentally). Someone in the thread asked if anyone knew you to get a wellness check going stat. I would have if I knew you.
    That happened. 6 or 8 Sheriffs. Worried about their safety more than mine. We parted ways that night without incident

Just sayin
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Empty has a gun to shoot the prozac takers - while he guzzles a liquid depressant

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    If I can get it up
    Cleaning your guns should do the trick.

This is the problem with trying to get any new gun laws in a nutshell:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBC1782D-592D-4ECE-BAEE-2AE41E2EFBE6.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1,002.9 KB 
ID:	418052

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...gDSDvNFfucGRKQ

If you’re Republican, and in favor of stricter gun laws, the only way it’s ever going to happen is if you start contacting your representatives and letting them know what you’d support.

Just say no to gun laws. Maybe try enforcing the ones that exist
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

which gun laws would have stopped uvalde or buffalo that went unenforced?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    which gun laws would have stopped uvalde or buffalo that went unenforced?
    Still have not heard much about his background. Betting he was on pills in highschool. And then the fact that he spent over 4000 bucks on obscure firearms that a small niche or the public even knows about. It’s fucking bizarre
    Anyway it’s been an interesting evening. Hope you were entertained
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Those mass murderers are law abiding gun owners........ until they pull the trigger.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Still have not heard much about his background. Betting he was on pills in highschool. And then the fact that he spent over 4000 bucks on obscure firearms that a small niche or the public even knows about. It’s fucking bizarre
    Anyway it’s been an interesting evening. Hope you were entertained
    Ramos didn't have a mental health diagnosis, didn't have an adult criminal record, and it wasn't clear if he had run across the juvenile system.”

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/25/11013...valde-shooting

The gunman in the deadliest school shooting in Texas history bought two AR-style rifles legally just after his 18th birthday — days before his assault on Robb Elementary School in Uvalde.”

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05...n-legally/amp/

^^^Be careful - you are destroying MTT’s deeply held beliefs with fact

If only there was something we could do...

I learned something then. That’s all I have to say. Not going to try and convince you how safe and stable I am. Even when not showing the best version of me. FYI. I really am that guy who walks into the store with a gun on my hip. No one is afraid. Unless you were up to no good
    But shit man- MTT you gotta see that this where a huge part of the issue lies here.

You can wax on all you want about how safe and knowledgeable you are regarding handguns, until the cows come home. But it’s just words to us. When I see that kind of a picture on here that YOU posted (and yeah I saw it), its an action that speaks far louder volumes that anything written afterwards.

It was a slip of the mask, and it scared the shit out of people here. I’m not even super active here and it freaked me out too. You clearly are a better person than that, no question.

Sometimes I just need to turn off the tv, computer, phone, or whatever and take a long walk. It’s becoming a needed respite these days in such a crazy and confusing world.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    And the whole party line about mental health seems to disregard the elephant in the room: millions of lucid reasonable people have legitimate reason to be angry and hopeless because our economic model commodifies them and corrals them into virtual human feedlots and slaughterhouses.
    But it starts before people even become cogs in the machine

We have a huge number of kids who feel so hopeless they see no way out but to kill themselves and take others with them.

No idea how to solve that, but massive investment in public mental health care might be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    But it starts before people even become cogs in the machine

We have a huge number of kids who feel so hopeless they see no way out but to kill themselves and take others with them.

No idea how to solve that, but massive investment in public mental health care might be a good start.
    That’s an obvious true statement. Something is different. And the solution escapes me. I’ll I can see is to be prepared for what was the unthinkable not so long ago.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Please, tell me more about how we just need to enforce current laws:

“The man who killed two women before turning the gun on himself in Ames had previously been accused of domestic violence and sexual abuse, and had once been ordered to complete an anger management course, but was still able to legally own and carry guns.

Prior to 2011, an Iowa sheriff was able to use their discretion to prevent someone like Whitlatch -- accused in court of harassment, sexual assault and more -- from getting a permit to carry a handgun based on his history.

In 2011, the Iowa Legislature took that discretion away.”

https://twitter.com/amierrivers/stat...ghAdeel-C8nv6g

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Please, tell me more about how we just need to enforce current laws:

“The man who killed two women before turning the gun on himself in Ames had previously been accused of domestic violence and sexual abuse, and had once been ordered to complete an anger management course, but was still able to legally own and carry guns.

Prior to 2011, an Iowa sheriff was able to use their discretion to prevent someone like Whitlatch -- accused in court of harassment, sexual assault and more -- from getting a permit to carry a handgun based on his history.

In 2011, the Iowa Legislature took that discretion away.”

https://twitter.com/amierrivers/stat...ghAdeel-C8nv6g
    If he had been convicted of domestic violence he would have been prohibited. But then innocent until proven guilty

I have a sort of friend who plead guilty to a domestic violence charge when he was going into divorce. He went with me to a couple uspsa tournaments. It was something he was interested in. I had to tell him. Dude I can’t even let you shoot my guns. You can’t buy one can’t have one. Those rules did not exist when he just pleaded guilty to domestic violence back in 2010. Weird fuckin world. The more tools you give government to take peoples rights the more they will abuse them to fuck with people they don’t like

Trust your fellow man Unitil they betray that trust. And then just shoot them!

Again. It’s strange days. Buy guns. Learn how to use them. Practice often. Cary one with you every where you go. It’s the only way
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

If he had been convicted of domestic violence he would have been prohibited. But then innocent until proven guilty

I have a sort of friend who plead guilty to a domestic violence charge when he was going into divorce. He went with me to a couple uspsa tournaments. It was something he was interested in. I had to tell him. Dude I can’t even let you shoot my guns. You can’t buy one can’t have one. Those rules did not exist when he just pleaded guilty to domestic violence back in 2010. Weird fuckin world. The more tools you give government to take peoples rights the more they will abuse them to fuck with people they don’t like

Trust your fellow man Unitil they betray that trust. And then just shoot them!

Again. It’s strange days. Buy guns. Learn how to use them. Practice often. Cary one with you every where you go. It’s the only way
    You know people are held - like, in jail - awaiting trial, right?

How about we consider taking away the guns while awaiting trial?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    You know people are held - like, in jail - awaiting trial, right?

How about we consider taking away the guns while awaiting trial?
    No! Unconstitutional. - of story.

I find it interesting. I say I have on occasion open carry in public and you try to label me as off or dangerous. But I am doing something that is perfectly legal. I am not dangerous. But you try to push a narrative. You have been doing it for years. And interesting as the guns control agenda just keeps pounding away. More and more crazy gun violence occurs.

Get a gun. Learn how to use it. Practice often! Carry it with you everywhere you go. This thread would not even exist if the right people had had a gun in this school

Just listening to the city people on the view talking about guns. All I hear is uneducated retardants
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I am not dangerous
    Yes you are. At the very least, to yourself. As evidenced by actions recorded and presented on this very forum. Actions that raises the hairs on the back of the neck any person who is properly trained in firearms, or any lethal weapon for that matter. You are the poster child of one who should not have access to a firearm for your your own safety.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Yes you are. At the very least, to yourself. As evidenced by actions recorded and presented on this very forum. Actions that raises the hairs on the back of the neck any person who is properly trained in firearms, or any lethal weapon for that matter. You are the poster child of one who should not have access to a firearm for your your own safety.
    And inspite of everything I have been through. Im still here. Safe and sound. Along with everyone else. Go figure? You have no idea. I had no choice than to become a competitive pistol competitor. But funny I really ended up liking it. And met a whole other bunch of people. A vast community of people who live with guns as part of their daily lives. I see the current president on tv talking about outlawing semi automatic rifles. I I just shake my head and laugh. You have no idea what and who’s out there. I feel safer than anyone when I’m around these people.

You should try it. Hang out with a few hundred people carrying loaded weapons. It’s liberating. Everyone is so nice
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Don’t forget who I have become the past years. I wish I could do this as well as I ski. But good enough
    Think about it when you see me at the am pm pumping gas and getting a gallon of milk
    Your making me go all in on this. I guess it’s my task to speak for the millions of us who don’t want to deal with you
    Just on person like us stops this crazy shit

Last month?
    https://youtube.com/shorts/BzIqtCs8yE0?feature=share
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Name:  Image1654342085.255463.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  122.0 KB

No! Unconstitutional. - of story.
    Unconstitutional to take away the right to guns while awaiting trial but ok to lock a person up? You don't think they let people bring guns down to the jail so incarcerated people can open carry, do you?

Your making me go all in on this.
    Please say more about this if you don't mind. Who's making you go all in and on what, specifically? TIA

Let's give everybody who isn't a "convicted" felon easy and virtually instant access to the highly lethal weapons they need to carry out massive mayhem with no warning if they decide to.. What could possibly go wrong??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!