• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 77 of 295 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Jesus that sounds like an absolutely miserable place to live.
    Strange thing about it is that I think he's talking about Raleigh/Durham, which is a great place to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Whenever I see a random guy open carrying his pistol in the grocery store, I know that he is a scared impotent child living out his fantasies.
    I laugh at them and yet feel bad for them.
    You are a sad person.
    This exactly.

Other than MTT, does anyone look at someone with a gun on their hip at the grocery store and NOT think “whoa, we’ve got a giant pussy here”?

Reminds me of my early 20’s bar hopping in the city, our rural friends would come meet us sometimes and always bring their guns. They were the biggest pussies ever.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Something that was drilled into me in police academy was that if you are carrying a gun and get into any confrontation (even an extremely minor one), it’s now an armed confrontation, which ups the consequences should something go sideways.

Most people that open or concealed carry don’t have that level of respect for the weapon. Its remarkably easy to get a gun away from someone in a scuffle. It’s also easy to see every conflict as solvable with a gun when you have one on your hip, rather than doing things like removing yourself from the situation, or de-escalating. I’ll freely admit most cops aren’t good at this either, which is a part of why we have so many unnecessary police shootings. And they’re ostensibly better trained than almost any regular Joe carrying out on the street.

So no, having more people carry more guns isn’t the answer. Most people don’t have the respect for guns they need to have to maturely use them. When you see it as a fun toy that goes boom and blows shit up, or see yourself as some Wild West macho gunslinger, you’re a part of the problem. Guns are tools that violently end lives, regardless of if you’re on the “good” or “bad” side of them.
    Haven’t you seen MTT stumbling around the range? He’s like Jack Reacher

Thougth about posting that too, it's a perfect take on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Jesus that sounds like an absolutely miserable place to live.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Only if you live in fear all the time. We're a mile from Cameron and Wallace Wade stadiums on Duke campus.Sat in our hot tub and listened to The Rolling Stones playing live outdoors there a few years ago. We're 2 miles from The Durham Bulls Athletic Park. We saw Hamilton at the downtown Durham Performing Art;s Center last Friday night. Tons of good shows there.

We're also less than 3 hours away from the best beaches in the nation and equal distance from skiing that's way better than the central MN and WI skiing I grew up in. Highest elevation lift served skiing east of the Mississippi.

If you consider that miserable that's on you. Only thing that sucks is too many damned people carrying guns and leaving them in their cars so now continuing the generational cycles of gun violence. I'm not going to contribute to that cycle of death, nor am I going to live in fear of it.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If only there was something we could do...

Im convinced the only way we will ever get gun control is if POC all started to open carry in massive numbers. Then legislation would get enacted and passed in about 5 minutes flat

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Only if you live in fear all the time. We're a mile from Cameron and Wallace Wade stadiums on Duke campus.Sat in our hot tub and listened to The Rolling Stones playing live outdoors there a few years ago. We're 2 miles from The Durham Bulls Athletic Park. We saw Hamilton at the downtown Durham Performing Art;s Center last Friday night. Tons of good shows there.

We're also less than 3 hours away from the best beaches in the nation and equal distance from skiing that's way better than the central MN and WI skiing I grew up in. Highest elevation lift served skiing east of the Mississippi.

If you consider that miserable that's on you. Only thing that sucks is too many damned people carrying guns and leaving them in their cars so now continuing the generational cycles of gun violence. I'm not going to contribute to that cycle of death, nor am I going to live in fear of it.
    Sounds like a war zone, or maybe you’ve never been in a war zone

"Best beaches in the country" is pretty f'n debatable. I've been to most of the bigger NC beaches and they're awesome but so are a lot places.

Saying shit like that might get you shot, to get back on topic.

Walked in to my neighborhood wingz and beer joint two days ago. Some guy in there is open carry. Dalton was behind the bar and we start discussing said guy. Eventually guy joins our conversation.

His only reason he had to carry a firearm into a bar was “it’s my right”. Never discussed protection at all. He had no good answers to any of our questions.

But it’s his right.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Something that was drilled into me in police academy was that if you are carrying a gun and get into any confrontation (even an extremely minor one), it’s now an armed confrontation, which ups the consequences should something go sideways.

Most people that open or concealed carry don’t have that level of respect for the weapon. Its remarkably easy to get a gun away from someone in a scuffle. It’s also easy to see every conflict as solvable with a gun when you have one on your hip, rather than doing things like removing yourself from the situation, or de-escalating. I’ll freely admit most cops aren’t good at this either, which is a part of why we have so many unnecessary police shootings. And they’re ostensibly better trained than almost any regular Joe carrying out on the street.

So no, having more people carry more guns isn’t the answer. Most people don’t have the respect for guns they need to have to maturely use them. When you see it as a fun toy that goes boom and blows shit up, or see yourself as some Wild West macho gunslinger, you’re a part of the problem. Guns are tools that violently end lives, regardless of if you’re on the “good” or “bad” side of them.
    Thank you for this perspective.

Couple years ago I was getting tires at Goodyear in Kennewick WA. I walk in and guy waiting at the counter has a gun in a holster. Fits the description Ted describes.
    I turned around and waited outside in my car.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Im convinced the only way we will ever get gun control is if POC all started to open carry in massive numbers. Then legislation would get enacted and passed in about 5 minutes flat
    Chappelle agrees

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    "Best beaches in the country" is pretty f'n debatable. I've been to most of the bigger NC beaches and they're awesome but so are a lot places.

Saying shit like that might get you shot, to get back on topic.
    I've been to a few too.. Cape, Martha's, Fire Island, Montauk, San Diego, So Florida, etc.... What NC has is the nice white sand of Montawk and Cape Cod but much warmer water early and late season.

But ya definitely intended to start some shit..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Getting there? Too far? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220604-134645.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	418097

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Getting there? Too far? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220604-134645.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	418097
    That flag offends me in that the design is seizure inducing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2AF89FB7-AD35-400C-AABC-FF2F55492915.jpeg 
Views:	143 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	418098
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

In NH, gun on your hip means they're going to chew your ear about being a libertarian. Not as bad as getting shot, but still sucks the life out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Dalton was behind the bar.

Name:	C0B2F5CF-B5D6-402F-B312-0F29560EFA88.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	477.9 KB 
ID:	418099

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post

White bread section is pretty good, but it would be better if she was in the cracker section.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    In NH, gun on your hip means they're going to chew your ear about being a libertarian. Not as bad as getting shot, but still sucks the life out of you.
    Not sure what it means there, but here libertarian means Christian men have complete impunity while women know their place, and schools only teach a finely cherry picked curriculum. And of course, all while paying no taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    That flag offends me in that the design is seizure inducing
    The internet is a weird place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Not sure what it means there, but here libertarian means Christian men have complete impunity while women know their place, and schools only teach a finely cherry picked curriculum. And of course, all while paying no taxes.
    Free state project chose NH, so we have hardcore libertarians everywhere, in the "cut all services, I can do what I want variety."
    Some predictable things happened when they went full re-errrr libertarian
    http://www.vox.com/platform/amp/poli...ngoltz-hetling

I remove myself as quickly as possible from any locale with a visible gun.
    Kind of like cops, if they're around, I make myself scarce because I want to minimize that kind of exposure.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post

Fox News mom right there. She probably smokes in the house.