• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 295 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Yep. I take education seriously. Apparently some parents here did not.
    Holy shit, what a dumb fucking comment.

My kids are in private school, for the record, and it's a privilege I can now afford, but I'd never in a million years say something like this. Back when I couldn't afford it for my kids I didn't take their education any less serious. JFC.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Not all of us, we just don't feed trolls as much as you do.
    She IS a troll and you just fed her.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Da fuq?

So the armed security guard was not there at the time of the shooting?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Not all of us, we just don't feed trolls as much as you do.
    here, true. Nationally gun policy is driven by trolls though. All those Christmas pictures of guns, the cold dead hands, whatever babble at the NRA convention, it’s all culture war performance and there will be no modification or compromise in their position because when they do that it’s admitting defeat. It’s a cleaving issue, not a wedge. They’ve got their little hunk and they gonna hold on.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    here, true. Nationally gun policy is driven by trolls though. All those Christmas pictures of guns, the cold dead hands, whatever babble at the NRA convention, it’s all culture war performance and there will be no modification or compromise in their position because when they do that it’s admitting defeat. It’s a cleaving issue, not a wedge. They’ve got their little hunk and they gonna hold on.
    ++++
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Spot on. Hence my comments about not trying to change minds but simply working to change who is in power.

Just signed up yesterday to volunteer for the Cortez Masto campaign for Nevada. Winning swing states is important but she's one of the more vulnerable Democratic Senatorial incumbents so equally important to not lose those seats as well (and living nearby I can commit more time). Seemed like a better way to contribute than a bunch of echo chamber social media posts.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    MIND = BLOWN.

I know both of them very well. As in, first name basis and both parties recognize each other walking down the street.

I guess that’s the beauty of living a long time in a state with a low population.

Monica is cool. She was living in Missoula and was loosely in my circle of friends. I always thought the working for Conrad Burns thing was weird, as she clearly did not aline with his politics, but she explained it away as great work experience. You could tell she was going places. Glad to hear life has been good to her. She bought my Jeep CJ-5 from me.

And Ryan was in the Navy with me. We lived in the same barracks together and sometimes sat at the same table for meals. He was a stereotypical dumb jock, and I am surprised he has attained the level he has.

And the two of them are running against each other for congress ? Unreal.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    That’s crazy weird.

I always say the world is a block long.
    Everyone you meet might be a neighbor of someone you know.

Be kind. Love everyone

i feel petty and that I am missing the point but I really hope every cop in a command position gets busted down or fired

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    You need Jesus.
    White christain homophobic jesus or brown Jewish LGBTQ friendly Jesus?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

it’s all culture war performance
    Unfortunately it’s all performative. Check in on this thread in 3 months and see what all the participants have been up to towards pushing their side forward.

The anti restriction crowd will have done nothing, because they don’t have to. Maybe some donations made.

The pro restriction crowd will also have done nothing . Sure a few donations will be made, and some letters to senators written, but despite all the current passion it’s no one’s crusade.

And three months later when another elementary school gets shot up we’ll start the thread all over again.

I think anyone should be able to own most guns provided they aren't a felon, don't have domestic violence convictions (accusations trigger a hearing on if the accused needs to surrender guns until after trial), and/or dont have a history or mental illness (there will be a panel of mental health and gun crime experts that figure out the parameters of this and there can be work arounds for hunting and target shooting if someone is willing to store guns and accompany a person).

All guns must be registered. There will be a grace period where people can take guns to police station (or other established place) and either pay a nominal fee to register them or sell them to be destroyed no questions asked, 200 bucks.

It is a felony to have an unregistered gun after the grace period.

All gun owners need a "gun license". A basic license gets you a basic hunting rifle. Other guns require endorsements and some require additional training beyond a basic dmv style test.

If you want to carry a gun beyond hunting where hunting is allowed and in season, private property, a gun range or transporting between the above you need training, testing and a license to get a concealed carry or open carry permit. This will require a level of training and competence similar to law enforcement.

Any violation is a felony.

Every gun owner must carry gun insurance.

And every gun owner is responsible for said guns. The penalty for a gun getting in the wrong hands varies based on level of negligence and outcome, but if a child gets your gun and kills another child you will be doing time.

If your gun is stolen and you cannot show it was properly secured you are fined. (If you don't report it you are responsible for crimes its used in).

Your gun, your responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Unfortunately it’s all performative. Check in on this thread in 3 months and see what all the participants have been up to towards pushing their side forward.

The anti restriction crowd will have done nothing, because they don’t have to. Maybe some donations made.

The pro restriction crowd will also have done nothing . Sure a few donations will be made, and some letters to senators written, but despite all the current passion it’s no one’s crusade.

And three months later when another elementary school gets shot up we’ll start the thread all over again.
    3 months? this isn't Canada, there was probably another already.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    White christain homophobic jesus or brown Jewish LGBTQ friendly Jesus?
    I seriously doubt Dunfee believes in either one.

This seems to be the pattern
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Holy shit, what a dumb fucking comment.

My kids are in private school, for the record, and it's a privilege I can now afford, but I'd never in a million years say something like this. Back when I couldn't afford it for my kids I didn't take their education any less serious. JFC.
    I meant that as a jab towards Dunfee and his weed comments. Because they were dumb.

He's a special kind of boot licker. Doesn't agree with weed laws unless they fit his narrative. Then it's all good.

I didn't mean that people who can't afford private school don't value education.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

You guys can surely argue 1000 posts to end the day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No, we can't.

ah, your nihilism defense of the us Sejm again.

you aren’t wrong, but as long as Leroy and Bobby Stupid continue to speak wrongly in the name of all gun owners what we gonna do? Like I posted the gun nuts are ~10% or less of adults.
    Those two halfwits don't speak for anyone but themselves. YOU want them to be representative of gun owning America because it's an easily refuted take and binary in nature.

The truth is that most gun owners (myself included) are in favor of mandatory back ground checks and other meaningful, preventative measures.

There is no silver bullet (pun alert) to this problem but there are incremental steps we can take towards decreasing gun violence. And the quiet majority of gun owners are not against them.

But for godsakes, per Conundrum's point, learn how to communicate.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Oh, we're not supposed to react at all or use available means to communicate about it.
    Right.

Attempting to tamp down communications that way is some pretty shallow cynicism.

I'd much rather that people get up on it, make an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Those two halfwits don't speak for anyone but themselves. YOU want them to be representative of gun owning America because it's an easily refuted take and binary in nature.

The truth is that most gun owners (myself included) are in favor of mandatory back ground checks and other meaningful, preventative measures.

There is no silver bullet (pun alert) to this problem but there are incremental steps we can take towards decreasing gun violence. And the quiet majority of gun owners are not against them.

++++

My man. As usual, you sum it up nicely.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Oh, we're not supposed to react at all or use available means to communicate about it.
    Right.

Attempting to tamp down communications that way is some pretty shallow cynicism.

I'd much rather that people get up on it, make an argument.
    Do whatever you like, but it’s like Groundhog Day in here and there’s a reason for that.

Do whatever you like, but it’s like Groundhog Day in here and there’s a reason for that.
    We will proceed with your blessings.

Honestly, most of your posts echo that same schtick, like we're not supposed to discuss current events and politics. Sh33sh.

ah, your nihilism defense of the us Sejm again.
    You need to fix your speech recognition software or are you making some obscure reference to Polish parliament?

There is no silver bullet (pun alert) to this problem but there are incremental steps we can take towards decreasing gun violence. And the quiet majority of gun owners are not against them
    gun lobbyists and the GOP are standing in the way of anything being solved here.

That quiet majority needs to start yelling.