• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 295 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    all that matters is one cherry picked example!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    NICS are done in about 15 min and apparently the shooter passed one. Finger printing can tie you to any crime that you might've committed. NICS doesn't do that. The waiting period is a deterrent.

However, Im not naive enough to think that a person wouldn't buy a handgun and commit the same crime.
    Sure. And it doesn't seem a fingerprint check would have prevented the purchase here.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It's really amazing. There are actual instances where it is working fine.
    I don't agree with everything you say/do with guns but I don't get all the shrill libtards screaming at you here.

Leroy gets everything he deserves here though, Leroy you are a condescending POS.

feinstein put forward an over 21 bill for assault rifles on the 19th. why is there no republican cosponsor for common sense legislation?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Jesus, you guys make me ashamed to be American with all this "the problem is too big" whining. We landed on the moon. All that's needed is to actually want to make things better. When did people become so afraid of doing difficult things?
    The defeatism that exists on a range of issues is embarrassing.
    Change is often slow, sometimes painfully so, but it will happen when people commit to achieving it.
    As little of a difference as it might make, we're going to the local March for our Lives and encouraging our circle to do the same.
    We can do better.

If only there was something we could do...

How’s this for fucked up.

In America, alot of Police dept’s are on programs with Glock and SW where they trade in their old weapons for new ones and the old ones are sold cheap to the public. Same with confiscated guns.

Think about that. Could we maybe stop with the practice of saving a few bucks to get the latest gear? A Glock will last longer than we will. Wasting money, flooding their own streets with their own service weapons. And I don’t think it’s a political party issue either.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Jesus, you guys make me ashamed to be American with all this "the problem is too big" whining. We landed on the moon. All that's needed is to actually want to make things better. When did people become so afraid of doing difficult things?
    Right around the time when political affiliation became more like cheering for your favourite football team. "If they lose, I win!"

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    The shooter encountered an armed resource officer before entering the building. Same with Parkland. SROs aren’t the deterrent you think they are.
    Parkland cop actually ran away. Can you post the timeline on the most recent one? I've not heard about the SRO in this most recent shooting. I do know he was killed by a special Border Cop.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Frustrated onlookers urged police officers to charge into the Texas elementary school where a gunman’s rampage killed 19 children and two teachers, witnesses said Wednesday, as investigators worked to track the massacre that lasted upwards of 40 minutes and ended when the 18-year-old shooter was killed by a Border Patrol team.
    https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-te...482483df6e4683

The cops stood around for FORTY MINUTES while the shooter was in the building. Great fucking police work. Also, fuck you guys who think having a police presence makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I don't agree with everything you say/do with guns but I don't get all the shrill libtards screaming at you here.

Leroy gets everything he deserves here though, Leroy you are a condescending POS.
    He’s acting as the figurehead for the “we can’t and won’t address the real problem here” crowd.

Parkland cop actually ran away. Can you post the timeline on the most recent one? I've not heard about the SRO in this most recent shooting. I do know he was killed by a special Border Cop.
    Dude, that’s where we have a problem. A handgun vs a Rifle is no contest. Throw in body armor and you have cops waiting outside for 45 minutes. Even you can admit that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61577777

Article from NYT regarding positions of GOP Senators on HR8
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-senators.html

The only thing that’s gonna make a difference is for Teh People to get off their asses and vote to either make these people change their positions or kick them out of office.

Or not, if you think things are just fine as they are…

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    He’s acting as the figurehead for the “we can’t and won’t address the real problem here” crowd.
    Well... I'm kind of on the other side of the issue than you are. I've made suggestions.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Dude, that’s where we have a problem. A handgun vs a Rifle is no contest. Throw in body armor and you have cops waiting outside for 45 minutes. Even you can admit that.

Most cops have rifles in their patrol cars and wear body armor every single shift all shift long, this has been the trend since the mid 1990s. This perp had only soft armor (stops some pistol rounds maybe) only covering some of his torso.

After Columbine, OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO, where the cops waited around forever while the killers killed, the modus operandi for police active shooter response switched to: ATTACK FULL BREACH IMMEDIATELY by as few as two initial responding officers.

Having 3 cops flee, then a whole department twiddling their thumbs for 40 minutes is a fucking embarrassment for law enforcement. That the perp had to be taken down by a CBP tactical team that just happened to be nearby and just happened to be listening to the radio (and then couldn't breach a simple door) is a fucking embarrassment for law enforcement.

NOBODY gives two fucks about officer safety in these situations except for fucking cowards.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    This, and all the other bullshit distraction attempts about mental health being a priority, blah blah. Bottom line, as always, is a complete shift in gun regulation (ultra-strict like other countries have--countries that never, ever have these problems) will fix all of this. The rest is just bullshit the gun people have used to distract from what needs to be done--getting rid of most of these guns. Get rid of the guns and you get rid of the problem. It really is that simple, as other countries have shown us. There's nothing so special about us that would make us the exception. Who gives a fuck what 18th century slave owners wrote down (putting aside the misreading of the amendment, which is very clear that the 'right' only applies for the purposes of maintaining a military).

Sickening what people are willing to accept and advocate for.
    Dex., buddy, dismissing the Constitution really isn't helpful -
    our "founding fathers" would be appalled by what has become of the country And the government they created ( and might lead another Revolution. ... ) ;

no--argument the court ( and the government) have erred in their 'interpretation' of the Second amendment - but that's what courts do - and in too many cases, it has nothing to do with the law as it is written.

There are two posts in yesterday's fifteen pages of posts regarding Regulation that I support - focused on registration, licensure, and ongoing demonstration-and-testament of competence. ! !!

( one even claims efforts to enhance school Safety "is insane. "

awesome. )

I will continue to follow this thread, Because I believe school Safety is important and I have worked with children for thirty years...

leroy had a good post yesterday - about compromise. But I did not recognize anything about compromise by gun advocates --
    I can go 'to the middle' but there is no-compromise while the car salesman awaits his Class3 assault rifle.

The Consitution is the foundation of the nation. Congress passes laws and has the authority to amend the Constitution. the bureauracracy carries out the government...

and Mitch gets his sound-bite, photo.op. acting like he cares about mental health.

vote them out ! !!! tj

https://popular.info/p/5-facts-about-guns-in-america

Seems that a majority of citizens want less guns in circulation and made. I wonder why the lawmakers think otherwise?

I'm not sure what to think about the fact that many of the people who thought wearing masks in schools was damaging to the kids, but filling schools with ex-combat soldiers carrying ARs is a great solution to this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm not sure what to think about the fact that many of the people who thought wearing masks in schools was damaging to the kids, but filling schools with ex-combat soldiers carrying ARs is a great solution to this problem.
    The only remaining core value of the GQP is hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I was told in this thread that if I own guns, it’s a waste of time to write legislators.
    It's not the ownership; it's the continued buying of guns and ammo and memberships from companies and orgs that actively undermine tangible change that makes your letter writing hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Better than cops that run away. I also didn't have an issue with masks. I'm also vaccinated. Any other off topic shit to talk about?

So, what’s the solution? You guys have had another day and hundreds(thousands?)of posts. Nothing is going to change is my guess. The social contract has been voided.

For all the talk about armed guards, something to keep in mind even a very fast 30 second response time still isn't fast enough to prevent a high death toll when the shooter has a 100-round drum magazine: 24-year-old Connor Betts shot and killed nine people, including his sister, and wounded 17 others near the entrance of the Ned Peppers Bar in the Oregon District of Dayton, Ohio. Betts was fatally shot by responding police officers 32 seconds after the first shots were fired. A total of 27 people were taken to area hospitals.

About half.
    not anymore, more like a third