• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 295 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Perhaps you don't know what an adolescent is?
    Who was blown away yesterday again? Maybe you're so caught up in your bs you didn't quite grasp what actually happened.

Fuck anyone and everyone who is defending our dumbass lack of gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    gun deaths are the leading cause of death of children in the United States.

Think about it...
    That my friend is fucked up. I had no idea that was the case. Murica, leading the world in stoopidity

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Who was blown away yesterday again? Maybe you're so caught up in your bs you didn't quite grasp what actually happened.

you're arguing the need for common sense gun control regulations with a used car salesman...point is, don't expect an intellectual discussion. Typically these arguments with Bobby devolve into him saying he's got tons of money and a huge dong.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

Bunch of gun control laws in Chicago.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

things I both lack - so i got that going for me

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    ^yep

gun issue - urban vs rural

assassinating children is horrific and needs to be stopped and can be reduced using AI tools pointed at social media
    Eh, AI is pretty shit at NLP still. It can summarize text and other things, but it's really bad at reading intent and sentiment, as most of that is just word encoding under the covers, which is honestly a shitty way to do it given vernacular changes etc. You'd also need to build historical models of people's speech or output and compare against that as a baseline. More likely to have lots of false-positives. This is why regulatory and societal fixes are much better. Pointing cops (who have their own violence issues) at "potential" school shooters is going to just end up with more innocent dead kids, just through a different mechanism.
    Restricting access, putting waiting periods in and doing things like perhaps Israel does around firearms where they incorporate mental health checks and training would be the right way to do it while not unduly restricting those who still want to engage in hunting or other activities (https://www.gov.il/en/Departments/Ge...ng-information)

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    you're arguing the need for common sense gun control regulations with a used car salesman...point is, don't expect an intellectual discussion. Typically these arguments with Bobby devolve into him saying he's got tons of money and a huge dong.
    Lol. Both my "assault rifles" are registered with the ATF as short barreled rifles. Along with my picture and finger prints. You can't get anymore vetted than I have, as a civilian.

I also posted a solution that revenues 2 billion in taxes from existing assault rifles and 200 per each one produced.

I'm actually a new car salesman now. Moving up in the world.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Garsh, there are gun laws in Chicago? Neat! Guess where there is very little gun regulation? Right outside of Chicago.

Let's have this argument again and again! Yay! Fucking moron.

I agree it is critical to consider types of gun deaths and environment:

Self harm is different from accidental is different from criminal.

For criminal, crimes of passion are different from premeditated crime is different from gang/drug violence is different from terroristic attacks or psychopathic mass murder.

Looking at these still-large categories individually allows the necessary consideration of cause vs effect to prioritize and select solutions.

Urban is different than the burbs is different than rural
    Last edited by Summit; 05-25-2022 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I'm actually a new car salesman now. Moving up in the world.
    what brand or brands are you selling ? and try not to lie
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I had a nice little talk with my 4th grader on the way to school today about crazy people with guns killing 4th graders in their classroom.

And to think, yesterday I was frustrated that all he wanted to talk about was Minecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Eh, AI is pretty shit at NLP still. It can summarize text and other things, but it's really bad at reading intent and sentiment, as most of that is just word encoding under the covers, which is honestly a shitty way to do it given vernacular changes etc. You'd also need to build historical models of people's speech or output and compare against that as a baseline. More likely to have lots of false-positives. This is why regulatory and societal fixes are much better. Pointing cops (who have their own violence issues) at "potential" school shooters is going to just end up with more innocent dead kids, just through a different mechanism.
    Restricting access, putting waiting periods in and doing things like perhaps Israel does around firearms where they incorporate mental health checks and training would be the right way to do it while not unduly restricting those who still want to engage in hunting or other activities (https://www.gov.il/en/Departments/Ge...ng-information)
    it is happening now with suicide AIs. It is a little different and looks for clusters and mental health professionals are notified

it is my opinion/bias that a lot of these shooters post online their intentions

everything you bring up would be welcome from my point of view and valid

Garsh, there are gun laws in Chicago? Neat! Guess where there is very little gun regulation? Right outside of Chicago.

Let's have this argument again and again! Yay! Fucking moron.

Have you donated any time or money to gun control? I'd be willing to bet you haven't.

So much easier to virtue signal on a ski forum. Go back to Polyass.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Bentley, Maybach, Lambo, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Hennessey, Ferrari....

Have you donated any time or money to gun control? I'd be willing to bet you haven't.

So much easier to virtue signal on a ski forum. Go back to Polyass.
    Yes I have. What's your point? That's right, you have none.

I see that this is the phase of the argument where gun nuts will flood the zone with bullshit until they have achieved their arms resulting in the customary do-nothing period.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Handguns are THE weapon of choice in gun violence by a huge margin.
    I was going to mention this. They don't grab the sexy headlines but those Saturday Night Specials are an even bigger problem. Obviously they need to be regulated better as do all guns, not just assault weapons.

As per the bump stock conversation from a few pages back, I live in liberal land CA and I've seen them around. It's definitely a thing.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram.

Yes I have. What's your point? That's right, you have none.
    Riiiiiight. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Not sure if the gunhumpers are lieing or stupid (nahhh several of them are both) but it is a thriving little industry locatable via google. It’s just a filibuster from them
    This 1000%. As a gun owner and friends with gun nut with a full arsenal I’m well aware of modifications available easily to convert an AR to full automatic. Posters claiming those avenues don’t exist or aren’t widespread are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Handguns are THE weapon of choice in gun violence by a huge margin.
    I was going to mention this. They don't grab the sexy headlines but those Saturday Night Specials are an even bigger problem. Obviously they need to be regulated better as do all guns, not just assault weapons.

As per the bump stock conversation from a few pages back, I live in liberal land CA and I've seen them around. It's definitely a thing.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

You guys have a solution yet?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This is the original post I was responding to:

And I don't agree with it. Sure, lock the doors and restrict access, but I'm not onboard with making security at schools on par with The Pentagon or prisons. And my overall point is this is simply a band aid that does not address the root problem. We need a solution on par with what Australia has done to really address the problem. I'm nearly certain that will never happen and that's sad to me.
    thanks and Thank you for your clarification -
    I agree with you... And I still believe enhanced school Safety is obtainable - at the local level.

it is interesting to me to see this thread become an argument about guns. or gun rights --

Bobby- , how do you propose decreasing mass killings ( Because some of your argument seems informed, and yet all I am reading is 'guns are a problem '

I said it above, and I will say it again, schools are attacked Because they are the easiest targets ( churches, too ) -
    the children have not done anything, they are just undefended targets.

we can Start by making schools safer - restricted access. Not prison- or 'Pentagon'- secure, but I would not be opposed to single-entry.

gun control is probably the wrong term. How about public Safety promotion - background checks.
    I would not be opposed to escalated regulations regarding assault weapons. ( see Summer's post about Australia )

what's your solution, Bobby-

tj

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

nah, it’ll never get solved because the us is a failing state and the people wrapping themselves in the flag like it that way.

- As of 2019 there are more firearm deaths per year than automobile accident fatalities.

- A gun owner is more likely to discharge a firearm in a domestic dispute, suicide attempt, or accident than in self defense.

I believe there is middle ground we can find that saves lives and still allows a strong hunting & sport shooting culture.

How does policing improve in this country when cops don’t have to treat every interaction as if the other party is armed?

How many veteran lives are extended if they don’t have as easy access to suicide?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Leroy and Bobby have it all figured out. Didn't you know, gun violence is down since the 80s so we're all good y'all! Bobby has a couple of guns registered with ATF...problem solved!

A couple of thoughts....

Universal background checks
    Register all new gun sales
    If you buy a gun you need to prove that you can store it safely and are required to prove this prior to taking possession
    periodic (maybe every 2-4 year) mental health checks to confirm you are mentally capable of safely owning a firearm
    Need a license to operate a firearm
    Loss of arsenal if you fail to meet any of the above as applicable.