• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 116 of 295 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I's love to see a $10,000 fine and/or 5 years in jail for leaving a handgun in a vehicle unattended. Maybe only $5K if the vehicle was actually locked.. LOL@ fools busting a window to try and convince the cops his car was locked when the gun gets stolen next time..
    Lol @ you thinking those fines will ever be paid

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    you're arguing the need for common sense gun control regulations with a used car salesman...point is, don't expect an intellectual discussion. Typically these arguments with Bobby devolve into him saying he's got tons of money and a huge dong.
    quoting myself from 5/25/2022 because it basically played out just like this. Nothing wrong with selling cars by the way.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

you're arguing the need for common sense gun control regulations with a used car salesman...point is, don't expect an intellectual discussion.
    Nothing wrong with selling cars by the way.
    Just don't expect an intellectual discussion from them.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I was all set to buy a Pagani from Bobby last year but my little TruCoat joke landed flat. Next thing I knew, he bumped the price by $300k.

True story.
    That's what happens. Live and learn.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Is so fun to trigger Bobby stupid though. Press the button he spews ten posts of stupid shit then declares himself victor.
    You got me. You win the TGR mass shooting thread.

I'll just go back to running a toy store for millionaires and not having a care in the world. Let me know if you need a check advance or something. (with a cosigner)

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    The classic double dutch rudder. And while I might not agree or disagree with Ken and Bobby 100%, you guys are unnecessarily being dicks, especially dunfree.
    I'm just relieved they don't like guns because they seem to be some of the angriest most hateful people out there. Regardless of where you stand on this issue I don't think hating and insulting gun owners is a logical solution to anyone but the underwear gnomes, and i think its more about their hate than anything. Glad they don't own guns.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Glad they don't own guns.
    Name:  Image1655866711.321061.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  82.4 KB

Brought to you by IPS - Irony Preservation Service

I's love to see a $10,000 fine and/or 5 years in jail for leaving a handgun in a vehicle unattended. Maybe only $5K if the vehicle was actually locked.. LOL@ fools busting a window to try and convince the cops his car was locked when the gun gets stolen next time..
    In places where people commonly leave cars unlocked with keys in them, an out of sight firearm in a locked car doesn't seem unreasonable.

If it's more the kind of place where some people leave the car unlocked so the thieves can go through it without damaging the car in the process, that's a different situation.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    In places where people commonly leave cars unlocked with keys in them, an out of sight firearm in a locked car doesn't seem unreasonable.

Seriously? I own a bunch of firearms, I’d never leave one in my unlocked vehicle (Nor even locked), no matter where I was. You don’t seem to be an actual gun owner, just some jackass parroting right wing stupidity.

Edit: Please, explain to me why you would leave your gun in your car all the time? Is it that hard to carry it around with you?

After asking if we had any guns in the car, the Canadian BP lady at the Idaho/Canada border crossing asked us again if we were SURE we didn't have a gun in the car. My wife said absolutely not as we didn't own a gun. BP lady told us we would be surprised how many Americans had guns in the car they forgot were there. That's why she always asked twice.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Seriously? I own a bunch of firearms, I’d never leave one in my unlocked vehicle (Nor even locked), no matter where I was. You don’t seem to be an actual gun owner, just some jackass parroting right wing stupidity.

Edit: Please, explain to me why you would leave your gun in your car all the time? Is it that hard to carry it around with you?
    I'm not talking about leaving one in the car all the time, but there are places where you can't legally carry. Going into the post office, for an easy and concrete example? Or traveling with a long gun (camping, hunting, whatever) and stopping for lunch?

I would never leave one in an unlocked vehicle, either, my argument was against "never left in a vehicle, even if locked." There are certainly some places where I'd be worried about anything left in my vehicle growing legs (airport parking comes to mind), but "never" seemed a high bar.

Everyone in MIssouri has a “truck gun”. Probably the single biggest reason cars are broken into. Cops are constantly reminding people not to leave “loose” guns in cars.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If it's more the kind of place where some people leave the car unlocked so the thieves can go through it without damaging the car in the process, that's a different situation.

We've already been over the whataboutism with cars and everything else.

And a legit hunting rifle on a hunting trip is quote a bit different than an AR or handgun left in a car unattended. I'd be totally fine with using the term "handgun" in the wording of the proposed law.

Dollars for donuts Bobby Spineless leaves a gun in the car when he goes to the NHL or NFL events in Nashville. He can't take it in and he's too chickenshit to enter a parking lot like that without one.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Dollars for donuts Bobby Spineless leaves a gun in the car when he goes to the NHL or NFL events in Nashville. He can't take it in and he's too chickenshit to enter a parking lot like that without one.
    I actually take an uber.

You're not very intelligent are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I actually take an uber.

That right there is funny.

The latter is a catch-22. Don't want your car damaged by thieves but don't want an unhoused person taking a shit in it.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    That right there is funny.
    bobby stupid busting out polysyllabic words to call others stupid is always funny, but probably not how you or he take it

hey Bobby little dick how much money did you waste telling people you are rich on the internet this morning?

I did a quick search and the first article I came up with related to England, but there they seem to think that half of the thefts of autos occurred with unlocked cars.

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/fle...ocked-vehicles

Anecdotally, the only car thefts I can recall reading about in Vermont were with unlocked cars.

It would be very tough to convince me that in a planet with billions of people there is an area in which a gun owner can leave a gun unattended in an unlocked vehicle and still be a "responsible gun owner".

there are people like this everywhere:

Faillace chases down car thief - twice

The tale of the teenage car thief who eluded state police and led a citizen on a high-speed chase through East Warren Monday night had people shaking their heads throughout The Valley this week; the 18-year-old who admitted to a countywide crime spree may be going to jail (although he is out on bail) and Warren resident Francis Faillace pretty much chased him there.

There were two high-speed car chases on February 1; both originated at the four-cornered intersection of Roxbury Mountain Road and East Warren Road. There were a total of four cars stolen, all by one Jeremiah Sadler of Warren, during a chase that covered three, almost four towns.

East Warren resident Francis Faillace chased down a serial thief who made a night out of stealing cars while he was out stealing cars.

Faillace chased Sadler in two different cars through three towns, two times, only crashing once. He communicated with the state police and his parents via cell phone, alerting authorities to his location as he chased the burglar.

A fleet of Vermont State Troopers then picked up the chase, which, by Faillace's account, led them up the Sugarbush Access Road, where the suspect crashed his stolen car and escaped on foot. Police reportedly followed with dogs.

Faillace then once again pursued the suspect (who he assumed was trying to get to Barre by way of Roxbury Gap) in his car. He once again contacted state troopers and told them that he was chasing the same suspect, in a different car, for the second time -- this time towards Moretown.

Sadler led Faillace on another high-speed chase through Waitsfield to Moretown Mountain Road, where Faillace said he feared losing cell phone service before the police caught up.

Police were able to track Sadler with a canine after they found a stolen car near a residence in Barre City.

Sadler is a suspect in approximately 20 thefts and 100 larcenies from unlocked vehicles throughout Washington County. There are also several other pending cases and charges involving Sadler currently.

Sadler was arraigned and released on $1,000 bail.
    what would this guy do with a gun? when would the owner even figure out it was missing?

It's really not a hypothetical:

https://everytownresearch.org/gun-th...ecember%202021.

In effect, an average of at least one gun is stolen from a car every 15 minutes, amounting to an estimated 40,000 guns stolen from cars in 2020 across these 271 cities.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

hey Bobby little dick how much money did you waste telling people you are rich on the internet this morning?
    Im sure that makes sense to you.

How much are you going to think about me today?

bobby stupid busting out polysyllabic words to call others stupid is always funny, but probably not how you or he take it

You are far more of a douche than bobby could ever dream of being.

Dunfree doesn't care about gun laws or dead kids. He uses these types of threads to play out some sort of weird fascination he has with me.

Just don't expect an intellectual discussion from them.
    Exactly. Do you think what you've contributed has been "an intellectual discussion" on gun control? You've repeated how wealthy you are multiple times and offered up some minimal gun control, kudos as just about everyone agrees with your idea. You've also been a pedant about various terms relating to guns in some weird flex about how much knowledge you have of guns. That sums up what you've contributed. Not that i'm offering much up either.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Not that i'm offering much up either.

I wonder if that Sadler kid down in Washington County was the same kid who parked one stolen car at my buddy's dad's shop in Underhill and sole the dad's beater he had parked there?

I actually take an uber.

Do you also take an Uber to say, an away venue a couple hours farther away... or say to go skiing? Or do you leaver your gun in the car. there?

I've also seem posts where you mention going to your kids' school for stuff. Do you take an Uber there or do you take your gun inside with you when you have to go to the office to get them for a doc or dentist appointment?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!