• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 112 of 295 FirstFirst ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 7356
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    You forgot the sarcasm font.. All anyone has to do is look at how many of the gun related incidents involve alcohol.. if only someone would fund some studies amirite??
    True. Most suicides or murders are drunk fucks.

Public mass shootings however, are mostly teens and twenties on psych meds.

Feel free to google it. Plenty of info out there.

Roughly two people are shot and either wounded or killed in a road rage incident every day in America. It's the guns.

An 8-year-old boy was taken to the hospital in serious condition after being shot during a road rage incident:
    Attachment 419227

^^^ Yes, that sucks.

It is a different variety of gun violence from school massacres or your garden variety guy who goes nuts on a Grocery store full of people or a church. Or for that matter the gang violence using firearms in urban and rural settings or cartels vying for control of territory.

The common theme is too many fucking people with a gun.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Roughly two people are shot and either wounded or killed in a road rage incident every day in America. It's the guns.
    That number's gotta be extremely OFF and LOW. There's easily two road rage shootings a month in my city alone, not a massive city either, 275K people and rolling gun battles in the streets every other week. We need better data to really get to the horrific scope of this..

https://twitter.com/TheDurhamBull1
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

That's the 'official' number of wounded or killed in rage incidents, not the much larger number of incidents when a gun is fired or used to intimidate. Everyday thousands of people are menaced by guns, which is an epidemic of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    That's the 'official' number of wounded or killed in rage incidents, not the much larger number of incidents when a gun is fired or used to intimidate. Everyday thousands of people are menaced by guns, which is an epidemic of its own.
    I've seen at least four incidents in the past 2 months where the news story said literally.. "case of suspected road rage". The number has got to be astronomically higher than 2 per day nationally. I suppose there have to be witnesses to confirm, but road rage is way out of control and way worse trending with the increasing number of handguns so called good guys carry and leave in cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    True. Most suicides or murders are drunk fucks.

Public mass shootings however, are mostly teens and twenties on psych meds.

Feel free to google it. Plenty of info out there.
    Instead of “public mass shootings”, I think you mean school shootings.

Median age of mass shooters is 33+ but school shooters are 2/3rd under 18 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Instead of “public mass shootings”, I think you mean school shootings.

Median age of mass shooters is 33+ but school shooters are 2/3rd under 18 years old.
    Correct. Thx.

I’m in favor of limiting gun access under 21.

Can’t drink. Can’t smoke. But hey incel grab an AR and let your raging hormones loose on your classmates.

If anyone is curious, go to Google and type in "suspected road rage". It'll shock you.

These discussions always evolve/devolve the same way whenever someone is actually willing to take a shot at debating in favor of the "everyone should be able to carry a gun everywhere" position. It's a bunch of flawed comparison whatabouism, then cherry picked BS data points, and when all that is called out and debunked all that's left is "bla bla bla IT'S MUH RITE bla bla bla".. Been clearly explained 10000000 different ways why it's detrimental and does way more harm than good to continue to maintain MUH RITE to own a gun and bring it to McDonalds.

Ultimately though, I don't really have any dislike for BS or MTT or other IRL friends who choose to carry and play with high body count toys. .. I kinda understand their position and like all addiction disorders, this is 100% fear driven at it's core.. Fear of government, fear of other people out there in the community, etc.. I'm afraid of the possibility of a total breakdown of society, albeit temporary like the aftermath of Katrina.. So I'm not immune from it either..
    Funny, I feel like the anti gun stuff is fear driven and I feel just fine trusting my fellow citizens to own and carry guns and feel no need to either carry or ban guns to protect myself from them. Arm all the illegal immigrants for all I care.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't know how it's relevant...was merely pointing out that anyone rocking those guns is a huge fucking douchebag.

A lot of people have responded to you with reasoned ideas that you dismiss because you're hung up on the "yeah but, what is an assault weapon? what if I assault you with a pine cone, is that an assault weapon?" idiocy. it's all meant to muddy the waters and end discussion...that's y'alls movement and it sucks. Very little can get accomplished as a result.
    Huge irony in this statement. Labeling owners of the most popular rifle in the US as all being douchebags while complaining someone wanting to have a more accurate conversation with accurate terms is trying to discourage actual discussion, while not engaging in any actual discussion yourself.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Guess all those school shooter training sessions didn't pay off, if they couldn't even bother to try opening the door.

I bet they write sweet parking tickets though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220620-002518.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	419361

Lovely night last night. Not sure why people think they need a gun for protection...

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Funny, I feel like the anti gun stuff is fear driven and I feel just fine trusting my fellow citizens to own and carry guns and feel no need to either carry or ban guns to protect myself from them. Arm all the illegal immigrants for all I care.
    The data of how many people are killed by guns completely refutes your point.

Fear of more people getting shot as more and more people carry guns around town is a rational fear. Being afraid to leave your house without a gun is an irrational fear.. unless you live up in the mountains full of wolves, bears, cougars, etc..

As mentioned above, the myth that an armed society is a polite society is totally busted. I challenge anyone who believes otherwise to go google "suspected road rage". There's proof there that more guns increases crime, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Lot of 10k dollar 50 cals being used in mass shootings?

AR/AK style rifles or pistols. It's not rocket surgery.
    There's no practical purpose far any civilian to have a .50 cal, period. They need to be included in the "guns civilians should never have" category

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    The number of firearms in the U.S. is outpacing the country’s population, as an emboldened gun industry and its allies target buyers with rhetoric of fear, machismo and defiance.

Gun companies have spent the last two decades scrutinizing their market and refocusing their message away from hunting toward selling handguns for personal safety, as well as military-style weapons attractive to mostly young men. The sales pitch — rooted in self-defense, machismo and an overarching sense of fear — has been remarkably successful.

A common theme in consumer sentiment is anxiety. The aggressive messaging around fear has also helped define a newer crop of gun rights groups that increasingly overshadow the more deep-pocketed, but troubled, N.R.A. These groups, supported by the industry, have adopted a raw, in-your-face advocacy of near limitless freedom to own and carry firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Lovely night last night. Not sure why people think they need a gun for protection...

What a shithole you live in.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    There's no practical purpose far any civilian to have a .50 cal, period. They need to be included in the "guns civilians should never have" category
    I'd focus on the guns that are actually used in mass shootings first.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

There's proof there that more guns increases crime, not the other way around.
    I mean, the proof is the entire USA compared to every other country on Earth with reasonable gun control, but apparently this is still up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    What a shithole you live in.
    This is the Dirty South son. Not some Candy Land bullshit place you live in.

Why do the red states with the most guns and the weakest gun laws lead the nation in murders? It's confusing.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Probably something to research. Also a good reason to be armed.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I mean, the proof is the entire USA compared to every other country on Earth with reasonable gun control, but apparently this is still up for debate.
    I wouldn't call any of this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I'd hesitate to call any of this debate.
    Heh.