• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 101 of 295 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 7356
    Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Also, another attempted kid slaughter in Texas today.
    Thwarted this time.

Police in the Dallas area kill a gunman who entered a summer camp for kids https://www.npr.org/2022/06/14/11049...e?sc=18&f=1001
    Also interesting to note in that one:

- perp went in with just a handgun allegedly, several shots fired, zero dead, zero injured.
    - No hesitation by police to engage and take down the perp

Quite different from Uvale, eh?

Nobody going to touch this one eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    you want to gut the constitution
    jfc
    as if it's never been amended

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    You’re the second guy today who’s offered to take the 1911 off my hands. Not happening - next owner will be my Navy vet nephew.

And I think a 50-100% premium to market price would be a reasonable buyback price. Or go thru the NFA process.
    Funny, he offered to take my AK47 when I posted about not wanting it anymore a dozen or so mass shootings ago. Still don’t want it but don’t want anyone else to have it so what to do….what to do….. it’s locked away for the sentient AI apocalypse I guess.

I think he does national guard firearms training??

Anyway. I can’t keep up with this thread but at the very least we’ll have to compromise to get anything done (like a divorce settlement). Let’s start with some regulations to limit and reduce new sales / transfers of mass murder tools. Magazine capacity, etc. Then the government should implement a voluntary buy back program. Start from there.

Once the “take the guns” talk starts flying shit gets galvanized and absolutely nothing will get done.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    jfc
    as if it's never been amended
    No. 2A has been there right from the start!

^^^ Then why is it an amendment?

Constitution was ratified in 1789, 2A was added with BOR in 1791.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    well, no, it came a few years after the constitution

well, no, it came a few years after the constitution

No, you want to gut the constitution, but only when it is convenient for you. What is the difference when the state/government condemns your real estate to build a road for the common good vs takes your personal property for the common good? I guess you want to revoke all the amendments, including due process.

Persons who have acted without malice or violence get to endure your "who gives a fuck" attitude. So, "who gives a fuck about you" might be a fair assessment.
    Eminent domain generally holds up in court to challenge, so your argument is that regulating guns is a normal part of government business? Sounds good to me.

something something something unimportant..... WILL NOT BE INFRINGED
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ...as we see in other countries people don't have to give up their guns
    And you don't have to go all the way to Italy. Canada was colonized by the same Brits and Frenchies, committed the same geonocides and atrocities against the indigenous peoples, have the same scary/delicious animals, import the majority of their entertainment media from the US and A, etc.

The inscriptions on the Peach Arch read "Children of a common mother" and "Brethren dwelling together in unity".

It's 23 miles from my house, and if I were to drive there and talk to literally anyone on the street, the only way I'd know they weren't American is if they said sore-ee. Unless the topic of guns came up. Then you'd hear that a civilized society places the safety of it most vulnerable ahead of its most paranoid. They'd tell you that the actual lives of elementary school kids are more important than your imagined threats. But mostly, they'd just be thinking that Americans are fucking idiots. And on this topic, they'd be correct.

Nobody going to touch this one eh?
    • Handgun vs. AR. Shooter behind cover vs shooter out in the open. The devil is in the details.
    • Anyone whether it's cops, pilots, managers, teachers, etc., is hypervigilant after a major event. The issue is always maintaining vigilance over time as memories fade.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    i just hope this compromise is a first step to more changes. there are some good ideas in this thread.
    I'll be elated if the current red flag bill makes it through. Need that ice breaker deal to at least get the serious diallage going..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

No, you want to gut the constitution, but only when it is convenient for you..
    No, ignoring half of the 2nd A and only focusing on the last sentence is "gutting The Constitution".
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    It's gutting The Constitution to rule that it's the right of the individual to be their own well regulated militia for their own security and their individual right shall not be infringed.. A lot of bullshit getting added in there where the core of the amendment, the first fucking part usually being pretty damned important, is now totally ignored..

It's always the idiots who didn't read and don't fully understand holy books throwing around cherry picked, misquoted shit to try to support their flawed point.. same with The Constitution and the 2nd A proponents.. Unfortunately, 5 of them were sitting Justices for Heller.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Then it's on to the 1a! People lie, misstate, they incite, they indulge in hyperbole! That alone should force repeal of the 1a! This madness has got to end! Regulate speech now!
    Words don't kill people

1/3 of the 2a is for the mayonnaise militia 1/3 for keeping slaves in check and 1/3 for killing redskins

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Words don't kill people
    words Definitely get people killed.

I appreciate the idea, though ! skiJ

No, you want to gut the constitution, but only when it is convenient for you. What is the difference when the state/government condemns your real estate to build a road for the common good vs takes your personal property for the common good? I guess you want to revoke all the amendments, including due process.

Persons who have acted without malice or violence get to endure your "who gives a fuck" attitude. So, "who gives a fuck about you" might be a fair assessment.
    Convenient for me? Not one part of my stance on firearms has anything to do with me and my feelings. It’s about stopping domestic terrorism and it’s enablers. Your hobby or security blanket is not worth an eventual society in real fear of going anywhere.

For someone who keeps shooting themselves in the dick, you’d think you’d want your guns taken away.

I can't believe how many people missed the joke

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'll be elated if the current red flag bill makes it through. Need that ice breaker deal to at least get the serious diallage going..
    need a like button for this..........................the times change/amendments should follow suit as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    JFC, I'm a dumb Canuck and I got it.
    And Ted, your previous post was bang fucking on. I know you are not all fucking idiots down there, cause you know, I've skied and partied and loved you guys. But this fucking gun thing is of the charts fucking ridiculous. As is the opinions of some of the Morans posting here (though to be fair I only see their ignorant, misguided drivel when someone quotes them).
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    What joke

What joke
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Up until in a few days, Heller was the worst decision in SCOTUS history..
    Dred Scott has entered the chat

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Speaking of jokes

Attachment 418895
    That whole art project is insane