• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 100 of 295 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 7356
    Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    SCOTUS redefining 2A back to it's original intent would be nice.
    Scalia was put on the court for conservative ideological activism disguised as originalism. His admonishing judicial activists is fucking rich in light of DC v Heller.

Amy Empty Brain and Justice Beer Date-Rape - the very definition of lightweights - certainly aren't going to undo Nino the Great.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    This madness has got to end! Regulate speech now!
    Fire! You guys hear me? I said FIRE!

Up until in a few days, Heller was the worst decision in SCOTUS history..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    This classic hunting rifle plus this $80 part is the same functional rifle as that Daniel Defense with different aesthetics and for a lot less ($600 total).

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...24in/p/1707612

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod129416.aspx

I’m not sure what my point is…probably that I agree with Bobby and Rev. Make center fire semi auto rifles and sidearms NFA items. Give any current owners a year to apply for the enhanced background and pay $200 to keep what they have or offer them a buyback. Make it a felony to own one without the stamp. Anything new needs the stamp. If you don’t know the implications of how NFA stamps work, read up on it.

Sure, the criminals will still have their guns. And the criminals would probably still commit crimes. Regardless.

Revolvers and shotguns make fine home protection guns if you’re the type that feels the need to own a firearm for self defense and those would not fall under the concept above. Meaning, you could still protect your home without the NFA process. Would be tough to LARP cool without the stamp though.

Requiring a stamp does not infringe on anyone’s right to own a firearm. 2A does not address how long it should take to obtain a gun. 2A does not address how much it should cost to buy one. If the NRA does not like the $200 additional cost, they can lobby the gun manufacturers to reduce the cost of the firearm by $200.

Oh-and fuck the NRA. As a gun owner, I’ve never sent a dime to the NRA but I have sent money to Everytown.
    Exactly. The main problem is the availability and cheap cost. Don’t take away anyones rights, just add barriers for entry.

I’ll add. Mandatory sentencing for unregistered firearms.

It’s hard for me, or any gun owner, to listen to anyone complain when we are releasing felons caught in possession of a firearm everyday in St. Louis. Let the minor drug offenders out and keep the violent felons in jail.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Scalia was put on the court for conservative ideological activism disguised as originalism. His admonishing judicial activists is fucking rich in light of DC v Heller.

Amy Empty Brain and Justice Beer Date-Rape - the very definition of lightweights - certainly aren't going to undo Nino the Great.
    True. Pack the court is an option. Interesting take on the history of 2A worth a listen unless you like being brain dead.
    https://civics-101.simplecast.com/ep...-2nd-amendment

“The gun lobby’s interpretation of the Second Amendment is one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word fraud, on the American people by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime.” U.S. Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I think a lot of them do but, yeah, not to the same extent.

It's just that some of the others like racial discrimination, gay rights or taxes don't actually end peoples lives. I'd argue that abortion doesn't either.

The weird thing about the lack of compromise regarding 2a is that the anti gun segment has granted a lot of ground and the pro gun hasn't granted anything.

I'd like to see a reinstatement of the 1994 AWB at a minimum, hopefully removing any grandfathering clauses.
    and this highlights the shameless obnoxiousness of the GOP when they complain that no one wants to compromise with them...they beat obama over the head with this sort of doublespeak while obstructing any & all efforts to work with them

and, at some point, reasonable people agree that we just do not need guns to survive anymore, even gun people
    which makes the whole national discussion more ridiculous that we even argue about it

Guns have a place in the world, but it sure as hell isn't daily public carry & it isn't to keep government honest (that's why we have a democratic process). We really do need to relegate the 2A to history & establish a safe way for people to access guns for hunting & personal defense, but minimize this ammosexual lifestyle hobby shit & especially the militia fantasies.
    The gun violence (negligence, crime, injuries, deaths, etc) numbers will fall dramatically when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    We will just make guns illegal. That's how we got people to stop doing drugs!
    Right? And people keep breaking traffic and property laws so we should get rid of them too. Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    … Make center fire semi auto rifles and sidearms NFA items. Give any current owners a year to apply for the enhanced background and pay $200 to keep what they have or offer them a buyback. Make it a felony to own one without the stamp. Anything new needs the stamp.

Requiring a stamp does not infringe on anyone’s right to own a firearm. 2A does not address how long it should take to obtain a gun. 2A does not address how much it should cost to buy one.
    I sent this to my US Senators. Encourage you all to do the same.

Well said Conundrum

Even though compliance would mean I have to either give up my dads 1911 that he brought home from the Pacific. Or lie about my cannabis use and explain the grow tent in my garage if BATF shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I sent this to my US Senators. Encourage you all to do the same.

Well said Conundrum

Even though compliance would mean I have to either give up my dads 1911 that he brought home from the Pacific. Or lie about my cannabis use and explain the grow tent in my garage if BATF shows up.
    You can send the 1911 to me for safe keeping.

And how much do I get in a buyback for my STI Open and Limited pistols? Isn't there something in the Constitution about taking without compensation? I guess you think $25 is sufficient.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Only cannabis users should be allowed to have guns.

Obviously I was being sarcastic up there ^^^

Also, another attempted kid slaughter in Texas.
    Thwarted this time.

Police in the Dallas area kill a gunman who entered a summer camp for kids https://www.npr.org/2022/06/14/11049...e?sc=18&f=1001

Also interesting to note in that one:

- perp went in with just a handgun allegedly, several shots fired, zero dead, zero injured.
    - No hesitation by police to engage and take down the perp

Quite different from Uvale, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post

And how much do I get in a buyback for my STI Open and Limited pistols? Isn't there something in the Constitution about taking without compensation? I guess you think $25 is sufficient.
    My dad still had his army issue 1911 when he passed away. Mom asked me if I wanted it and I said no because we had small children at the time. She sold it. It was a nice gun for sure.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

And how much do I get in a buyback for my STI Open and Limited pistols? Isn't there something in the Constitution about taking without compensation?
    What about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Poll parents of the dead kids or the kids doing active shooter drills. They could come up with a fair value.

I was thinking market at the time of enactment or what you have on the receipt but thanks for assuming. But if I had a fine sidearm like that, I’d go the stamp route. To each their own…

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Poll parents of the dead kids or the kids doing active shooter drills. They could come up with a fair value.
    Is “who gives a fuck” a fair value?

No, you want to gut the constitution, but only when it is convenient for you. What is the difference when the state/government condemns your real estate to build a road for the common good vs takes your personal property for the common good? I guess you want to revoke all the amendments, including due process.

Persons who have acted without malice or violence get to endure your "who gives a fuck" attitude. So, "who gives a fuck about you" might be a fair assessment.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

No, you want to gut the constitution, but only when it is convenient for you.
    We still talking about all them kids shot up?

TNKen, why is the 2A relevant in your life right now?

Speaking purely from an economic standpoint compensating TNKen generously for his guns would be money well spent if such a policy substantially mitigated gun violence and gun injuries. Gun injuries alone cost Americans nearly $300 billion/yr not to mention all the policing costs, court costs, jail costs, and so on. In terms of externalities, guns are an expensive hobby for everyone and so paying people to enjoy something else is worth it if it solved the problem.

Although, as we see in other countries people don't have to give up their guns: Italy Has a Gun Culture but No Mass Shootings—Here’s Why

You’re the second guy today who’s offered to take the 1911 off my hands. Not happening - next owner will be my Navy vet nephew.

And I think a 50-100% premium to market price would be a reasonable buyback price. Or go thru the NFA process.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    You’re the second guy today who’s offered to take the 1911 off my hands. Not happening - next owner will be my Navy vet nephew.
    Awesome. Keep it in the family. We have my grandfathers old 1911 service pistol. Fun to have and shoot.

No, you want to gut the constitution, but only when it is convenient for you. What is the difference when the state/government condemns your real estate to build a road for the common good vs takes your personal property for the common good? I guess you want to revoke all the amendments, including due process.

Hmmm…the government taxes me annually to keep my house. If I had to pay the government once to keep my firearm, I’d be okay with it. I guess you could say you paid taxes when you bought which I would agree with if we knew there were no private firearms sales void of background checks that are completely legal in many states happening every day.

I still propose you have the option of paying the tax stamp or turning it in for market value. You don’t have to like my proposal. I think we’ll all agree it won’t go anywhere. But maybe instead of some type of compromise, they go all in and ban them someday. Who knows…

i just hope this compromise is a first step to more changes. there are some good ideas in this thread.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi