• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 99 of 295 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 7356
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    100% agree but the 2nd A MAGA crowd only hears and reads "shall not be infringed" Having to wait more than a day = "infringed" to them..
    Those people can go fuck themselves in places their gravy seal body armor doesn’t cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Truck boxes don't kill people dumbass

Stupid does look good on you
    You should ask Somedumbguy what he thinks truck tool boxes are used for.

Btw, do you actually think that Ranger group gives a shit what some draft dodging coward like you thinks about their raffle?
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    That's a bolt action rifle...
    No shit Sherlock. The timing of promoting ANYTHING from Daniel Defense as a prize was not a coincidence. And that's sick. Maybe they'll offer up kid sized body armor as a prize next time. Anyway, I'm giving up my membership like I did with the NRA. On principle.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    This classic hunting rifle plus this $80 part is the same functional rifle as that Daniel Defense with different aesthetics and for a lot less ($600 total).

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...24in/p/1707612

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod129416.aspx

I’m not sure what my point is…probably that I agree with Bobby and Rev. Make center fire semi auto rifles and sidearms NFA items. Give any current owners a year to apply for the enhanced background and pay $200 to keep what they have or offer them a buyback. Make it a felony to own one without the stamp. Anything new needs the stamp. If you don’t know the implications of how NFA stamps work, read up on it.

Sure, the criminals will still have their guns. And the criminals would probably still commit crimes. Regardless.

Revolvers and shotguns make fine home protection guns if you’re the type that feels the need to own a firearm for self defense and those would not fall under the concept above. Meaning, you could still protect your home without the NFA process. Would be tough to LARP cool without the stamp though.

Requiring a stamp does not infringe on anyone’s right to own a firearm. 2A does not address how long it should take to obtain a gun. 2A does not address how much it should cost to buy one. If the NRA does not like the $200 additional cost, they can lobby the gun manufacturers to reduce the cost of the firearm by $200.

Oh-and fuck the NRA. As a gun owner, I’ve never sent a dime to the NRA but I have sent money to Everytown.
    Revolvers and many shotguns are semi-auto too, man. This is another example of the nuances of wording. This shit's complicated and that's why nothing ever changes, in my non expert opinion.

Can a flag draped gun loving insurrectionist prepper get away with styling in a high end armored Toyota if they put enough blue lives matter and punisher stickers on it?

Here's your chance to find out...

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/c...496387003.html

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Revolvers and many shotguns are semi-auto too, man. This is another example of the nuances of wording. This shit's complicated and that's why nothing ever changes, in my non expert opinion.
    Agree and disagree. And I thought about that. Revolvers can be SA or SA/DA. I’m not aware of any revolver that is semi-auto. One could argue that DA is similar but it doesn’t have a mechanism to reduce recoil by using the energy to chamber another round so harder to shoot accurately quickly unless you practice A LOT. Plus, not a ton of high cap revolvers and they take longer to reload unless once again, one practices a lot.

Shotguns-yes, semi autos exist and are popular. You include those and you might lose the hunting crowd. Most semi auto scatters are capped at three to five rounds. Sure, there are some assault designs but not that common. They also lack range and won’t go through walls and body armor unless using specific less common ammo. Maybe if we can get a handle on the weapons we were originally talking about, semi auto shotguns become the new mass shooting weapon of choice and legislators will then have to do some more legislating.

I know many posters just shout talking points. I’ve thought about this topic a lot and do own guns. I’m not saying Bobby’s ideas are perfect but I have thought about them and try to have a measured response that adds to the conversation. Certainly not saying my thoughts are perfect.

Numerous times upthread, I’ve mentioned that I like Aus and Can’s rules and would comply if enacted here. I was told they are non-starters. I realize the NFA may be a non-starter but it is a brake pump from those two sets of laws.

Gun and ammo manufacturers send millions to the gun lobby every year. If you're buying the products you're supporting the lobby regardless of NRA membership status.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^ That’s a bolt gun, no?

The standard 7.62x51 M4carbines also have 30 round capacity. Only slightly less energy than 30-06.

Once again, SumJongGuy is full of shit.
    Semi. https://www.oowinc.com/exclusives/se...a-r-package-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Gun and ammo manufacturers send millions to the gun lobby every year. If you're buying the products you're supporting the lobby regardless of NRA membership status.
    I just won a buck in a bet to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    This x1,000,000

Gun culture warriors have proven themselves to be irresponsible with guns time and time again. Unreported “lost” or stolen guns, unsecured weapons in the home. Irresponsible resale. Gun shops in less regulated states irresponsibly funneling firearms to highly regulated states’ citizens. 2a should be repealed on those facts alone.

SCOTUS redefining 2A back to it's original intent would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    IMNEO, this is not why nothing ever changes; it's a sideshow.

The reason nothing ever changes is because there is an entrenched side in this issue that is adamant that nothing change. Compromise isn't possible for them ["that is a non-starter"; "shall not be infringed"; etc], only diversion ["mental health"; "hardening targets"; "good guy with a gun"; etc].

The bill that is getting press right now is a short-armed effort that only came about because even gun people are embarrassed by the fiascos of increasing gun violence...they want to appear as if they are doing something to help society as long as it doesn't change gun access.

That is why nothing changes.

What is galling is that they will unashamedly point to this minimal bill after the next few shootings & say "See? Regulations don't work..."

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    You should ask Somedumbguy what he thinks truck tool boxes are used for.

Btw, do you actually think that Ranger group gives a shit what some draft dodging coward like you thinks about their raffle?
    No, I don't think they care. Today Rangers seem to be a dime a dozen. Ranger tab is a relatively safe career move. WWII Rangers volunteered to die. And I didn't "dodge" the draft. Dad kept finding colleges that would accept my dumb ass. I wonder why? Maybe the shrapnel he still carried itched.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    IMNEO, this is not why nothing ever changes; it's a sideshow.

The reason nothing ever changes is because there is an entrenched side in this issue that is adamant that nothing change. Compromise isn't possible for them ["that is a non-starter"; "shall not be infringed"; etc], only diversion ["mental health"; "hardening targets"; "good guy with a gun"; etc].

The bill that is getting press right now is a minimal short-armed effort that only came about because even gun people are embarrassed by the fiascos of increasing gun violence...they want to appear as if they are doing something to help society as long as it doesn't change gun access.

That is why nothing changes.

What is galling is that they will unashamedly point to this minimal bill after the next few shootings & say "See? Regulations don't work..."
    Kind of true for virtually every political issue in the USA.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Requiring a stamp does not infringe on anyone’s right to own a firearm. 2A does not address how long it should take to obtain a gun. 2A does not address how much it should cost to buy one
    This isn't a shot at you, but if the gov made every gun illegal except muskets, the right of the people to keep and bear arms wouldn't be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    This isn't a shot at you, but if the gov made every gun illegal except muskets, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, wouldn't be infringed.
    I'd love to have a 1700s style cannon if I had enough property to fire it safely..

But, I also believe that some of the mellower fireworks should be included in the right to bear arms..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    This x1,000,000

Gun culture warriors have proven themselves to be irresponsible with guns time and time again. Unreported “lost” or stolen guns, unsecured weapons in the home. Irresponsible resale. Gun shops in less regulated states irresponsibly funneling firearms to highly regulated states’ citizens. 2a should be repealed on those facts alone.

Then it's on to the 1a! People lie, misstate, they incite, they indulge in hyperbole! That alone should force repeal of the 1a! This madness has got to end! Regulate speech now!

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Then it's on to the 1a! People lie, misstate, they incite, they indulge in hyperbole! That alone should force repeal of the 1a! This madness has got to end! Regulate speech now!
    Ahh yes, the bicyclists should be killed guy. Cry me a river, snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'd love to have a 1700s style cannon if I had enough property to fire it safely..

But, I also believe that some of the mellower fireworks should be included in the right to bear arms..
    I want a cannon.

Also if kids today had bottle-rocket and Roman candle fights. They might not be so mental.

You're gonna stand there, ownin' a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistlin' bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    This isn't a shot at you, but if the gov made every gun illegal except muskets, the right of the people to keep and bear arms wouldn't be infringed.
    Agreed. We’re in an echo chamber. Same people, including me, keep saying the stuff and arguing on repeat. Some idealistic, some all or nothing, some compromise, and a lot partisan camping. Shit isn’t going to change here or nationally. We’re going to have a gun problem for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Kind of true for virtually every political issue in the USA.
    I don’t agree

Very few issues have this level of entrenchment

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Ahh yes, the bicyclists should be killed guy. Cry me a river, snowflake.
    When road biking is outlawed, only outlaws will wear ass pads and aero helmets.

I don’t agree

If you were at such odds against the 1a or the 4a, it would be much the same amigo. Lobbies would form, political hay would be made...people against the 1a and 4a would despair over time, and begin to truly hate America and all that she stands for... Some will go so far as to dash trays of chicken tendies from their mothers' hands in their angst...

I don’t agree

I think a lot of them do but, yeah, not to the same extent.

It's just that some of the others like racial discrimination, gay rights or taxes don't actually end peoples lives. I'd argue that abortion doesn't either.

The weird thing about the lack of compromise regarding 2a is that the anti gun segment has granted a lot of ground and the pro gun hasn't granted anything.

I'd like to see a reinstatement of the 1994 AWB at a minimum, hopefully removing any grandfathering clauses.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    When road biking is outlawed, only outlaws will wear ass pads and aero helmets.
    You don't wear lycra for enduro?