• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 295 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Texas cops are only good for harassing dark skinned folks, abortion providers and people with a bag of weed. The more I read about their inaction and cowardice the sicker I get. And the feds (didn't really) save the day when Texas pork pusssed out.

Thin blue line my thin white ass

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Truth right there. Every aspect of this shit burns me so bad.

HOUSTON—Addressing the massacre that occurred at an elementary school in the state only three days earlier, National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre told attendees at the organization’s annual meeting Friday that mass shootings could be perfectly safe when carried out by a trained, responsible gun owner. “By following a few basic gun safety rules, there’s no reason a mass shooting should hurt anyone,” said LaPierre, who lamented that the recent string of shootings in Uvalde, TX; Buffalo, NY; and Laguna Woods, CA, among countless others, could have been a stress-free experience for everyone if the gunmen had only enrolled in the right training course. “It’s all about knowing how to properly handle your firearm. That’s why the NRA offers a variety of courses to teach prospective mass shooters the best practices. Gunning down dozens of people can be completely harmless and free of danger, but you’ll never see the left-leaning media covering the safe shootings, will you?”

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Those cops should be on suicide watch.

Can’t imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'd be more concerned about their spouses and children.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    HOUSTON—Addressing the massacre that occurred at an elementary school in the state only three days earlier, National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre told attendees at the organization’s annual meeting Friday that mass shootings could be perfectly safe when carried out by a trained, responsible gun owner. “By following a few basic gun safety rules, there’s no reason a mass shooting should hurt anyone,” said LaPierre, who lamented that the recent string of shootings in Uvalde, TX; Buffalo, NY; and Laguna Woods, CA, among countless others, could have been a stress-free experience for everyone if the gunmen had only enrolled in the right training course. “It’s all about knowing how to properly handle your firearm. That’s why the NRA offers a variety of courses to teach prospective mass shooters the best practices. Gunning down dozens of people can be completely harmless and free of danger, but you’ll never see the left-leaning media covering the safe shootings, will you?”
    I call bull* -
    no one is that DIS-(whatever).

please follow-up with the real story.

see your, Multi -

we 'll see what the final story is -
    either way, s.w.a.t. should not require Federal ( 'soldiers') to respond. That is a Complete And Total FAILURE.

I would resign - and look for Work that did not involve working with people.

people deserve better.

And it starts with Lack of leadership.
    the Police Chief should be Done.

tj

the Onion.

now I'm really confused --

satire (?)
    ( dog, I hope so.

but I have seen enough to know truth is stranger than fiction )

thanks, TBS -
    still love your avatar.

skiJ

The Onion definitely doesn’t do satire
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Two Professors think they can profile mass shooters before they crack
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...s-q-a-00035762

There’s this really consistent pathway. Early childhood trauma seems to be the foundation, whether violence in the home, sexual assault, parental suicides, extreme bullying. Then you see the build toward hopelessness, despair, isolation, self-loathing, oftentimes rejection from peers. That turns into a really identifiable crisis point where they’re acting differently. Sometimes they have previous suicide attempts.

What’s different from traditional suicide is that the self-hate turns against a group. They start asking themselves, “Whose fault is this?” Is it a racial group or women or a religious group, or is it my classmates? The hate turns outward. There’s also this quest for fame and notoriety.
    I don’t think most people realize that these are suicides, in addition to homicides. Mass shooters design these to be their final acts. When you realize this, it completely flips the idea that someone with a gun on the scene is going to deter this. If anything, that’s an incentive for these individuals. They are going in to be killed.

If only there was something we could do...

i bet making guns a lot harder to get would reduce the firearm mortality. has anyone thought of that yet?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

You mean like better background checks to weed out the crazies, and red flag notification laws to better remove guns from the vicinity of those that pose a threat to themselves and others?

Yup, It’s called HR8 Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...s/house-bill/8
    Can’t get past the Senate

19 states have Red Flag laws allowing the court to require people having emotional problems to give up their firearms for a while
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_flag_law

Note that Enlightened State of Oklahoma has an anti-red flag statute that prohibits the state or any city, county or political subdivision from enacting red flag laws. It also prohibits the acceptance of any grants or funding to enact red flag laws.
    https://oksenate.gov/press-releases/...-law-now-books

i’m fine with red flag laws, the more the merrier to restrict access but i think there’s too much opportunity for human error for them to be super effective. just raise the age and do the shit that works everywhere else. it’s not like we have to win the space race, there’s already models.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Name:  IMG_3558.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  100.2 KB

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    i’m fine with red flag laws, the more the merrier to restrict access but i think there’s too much opportunity for human error for them to be super effective. just raise the age and do the shit that works everywhere else. it’s not like we have to win the space race, there’s already models.
    Yes. Like, just pick any other developed country at random and copy their laws. Doesn’t really matter which one, it’s going to be way better than the current shit show we have.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Like we got rid drugs in the 80s and 90s?

This is not a realistic solution. Not even close.
    Every other industrialized country has proved this self-serving defeatism wrong. Completely wrong. Repeating it doesn't change the facts.
    [quote][//quote]

Let’s not overreact here.

Lock the fucking doors and keep them locked.

Many schools do this already.

s[/url]
    Yes, it certainly seems to be a "door locking" issue at the heart of the matter. The reason we don't have the school shootings up here in Canada is the vigilance of the hall monitors who tightly enforce the locked door policies. It's a fucking gun problem, well that and a fucking attitude problem for about 40% of your population.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Let’s not overreact here.

Lock the fucking doors and keep them locked.

Many schools do this already.

I can drive right to my daughters school and walk inside anytime I want. I’d give up that freedom.
    according to reports yesterday,

That was the policy.

and a teacher or teachers had one or more doors propped Open.

dang. tj

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    according to reports yesterday,

That was the policy.

and a teacher or teachers had one or more doors propped Open.

dang. tj
    Yeah, blame the teachers. Fuck the fuck off.

Sandy Hook doors were locked you stupid fucks. Jfc

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, blame the teachers. Fuck the fuck off.

That is NOT what I am saying -

Policy is only as good as compliance, AND
    when school Safety becomes
    Thirty pages about guns
    ( and school Safety is dismissed as "insane" ),

take your 'f*s' and
    go 'jump in the lake'
    ( please take your assault weapons with you )

blame the teachers -
    Riiiiight ( did you read Alvarde school district's "Plan" ? )

One boy is responsible for the Alvarde massacre.
    and he had lots of enablers.

backatcha, jack -
    ' go jump in the lake '

skiJ

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    i bet making guns a lot harder to get would reduce the firearm mortality. has anyone thought of that yet?
    That’s not enough when we have more guns than people.

I’m a gun owner, but with family from UK, and having grown up abroad, shits way to easy to get, and fucking insane let anyone, let alone an 18 yr old walk out with a AR.

Problem is, we don’t enforce the laws we already have. Like 1% of cases where people lie on a back ground check, get caught, are prosecuted.

So with no one doing their job, no mental health services, and all the other shot weve got to somehow put a cork on our forks.

Last edited by Cono Este; 05-28-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Own your fail Bobby stupid.
    Absolutely.

I switched from Cannabis to bourbon. All good in the eyes of US law now!

God forbid I kept using that schedule one narcotic. Drugs are bad.

I appreciate you pointing out my "fail". I will try and do a better job of abiding by our reasonable cannabis laws. I also commend your effort in furthering those laws. You are a true patriot.

Hopefully, with help from you and Flounder, we can lock up these gun toting potheads and get rid of all their registered machine guns. #istandwithdunfee

Again, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I like Bobby for the most part…. But I do kinda think he’s being a “shall not be infringed!” kinda guy. Ie, reading one part of a sentence and disregarding the other part of it. Kinda like ignoring the “well regulated” part he’s ignoring the “addicted to” part. Judging from his posts here he’d have trouble denying he’s addicted to the weedz.

I signed that form as well and agree us stoners probably aren’t going on too many rampages. But, none the less…
    Actually, I'd prefer that assault weapons be dealt with. The most viable way to do that is through Class 3 designation. We can then move on to banning handguns, when we find out that assault weapons were only used in 1% of gun deaths and didn't move the needle very much.

Cannabis laws are important and good. That's why I will be discontinuing my federally illegal consumption and switch to legal intoxicants like alcohol and whatever pharmaceuticals I can talk my doc into prescribing. Hopefully the withdrawals from my cannabis addiction won't be that bad. Wish me luck in my transition to safer, accepted forms of intoxication.
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 05-28-2022 at 06:29 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

The answer is obvious.. Texas needs to lower the age to purchase long guns from 18 to 10..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    So just keep the doors propped open?

You'll have to bear with me. Im stupid.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1653741138.115253.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	417550

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Every other industrialized country has proved this self-serving defeatism wrong. Completely wrong. Repeating it doesn't change the facts.
    If we could get to the situation in another developed nation, we could probably pick one at random, use their gun laws, and see much better results.

The big difference is the second amendment, which I'm fairly sure is uniquely American. I'd personally be in favor of amending it to clearly allow much more regulation, but a lot of people get very prickly at the thought of doing so. And lot of those people are relatively concentrated in certain political divisions. Add to that the sheer volume of guns already in circulation, and it becomes a much harder problem to solve. Getting enough people onboard for a massive change a la Australia just doesn't seem feasible here, although I'd love to be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1653741138.115253.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	417550
    Checks out. Im agreeing now.

I think I am going to get rid of all my guns. Selling them to another person should do the trick.

Until Flounder and Dunfee mentioned it, I didn't realize how much of an issue pot smoking gun owners are. It is abhorrent that we let those filthy drug addicts have access to guns. (me included up until a few hours ago)

If anything is going to change, we need to make sure gun owners aren't using THC. (CBD is all good)

Who wants mimosas?