• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 225 of 295 FirstFirst ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 7374
    ^^^Rockies are very safe when it comes to getting shot/killed by someone else
    But has an incredibly high rate of suicide by gun...except for Mormon areas
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overall_suicide_county_032823.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	459054

https://www.nationhoodlab.org/the-ge...-gun-violence/

^^^Seems to correlate strongly to stupidity, bigotry, and never getting laid..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Gun mortality rate

Attachment 458930
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1684177441.571552.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	459074

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    ^^^Seems to correlate strongly to stupidity, bigotry, and never getting laid..
    No, its basically population density. Seems like when people snap in higher population density areas they kill others and maybe themselves, while in rural areas they just off themselves. This was actually a topic of study in a college sociology class I took.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Give me a sec, I'm going to post a couple maps that reinforce my opinions..

Gun mortality rate

Attachment 458930

Sorted by totals, down the the 1000 annual mark

Attachment 458932

2a Texans pointing to Chicago is literally the pointing Spidermen Meme
    Not separating stats for murder or just suicide is deliberately misconstruing reality.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    This no compromise tribal strategy is mindless self-harm to our society.
    We can expect no responsible action from gun nuts. It’s just par for the course for the firearms’ tribe to perform further suicide.
    Do you view the responsibility and necessity for compromise and forming of unity to fall only on the shoulders of those you disagree with? Or is any of it your responsibility as well?

If the 'other side' are always the crazy ones, you're a part of that unproductive division as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Mass/school/tragic murders by gun are not going to be reduced any time soon because the reality is there is "NOTHING WE CAN DO". And since there is nothing we can do we will continue to do nothing.
    You're twice as likely to get struck by lightning as die in a school shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    versus anecdotal stories that reinforce one’s opinion

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Not separating stats for murder or just suicide is deliberately misconstruing reality.
    The reality is they were killed by guns.

You're twice as likely to get struck by lightning as die in a school shooting.
    Two kids killed by lighting in 2022 - https://www.weather.gov/safety/lightning_fatalities22

1,676 kids killed by guns in 2002 - https://www.verifythis.com/article/n...f-b5e3e47aa639

Can't wait for the whataboutism reply.....

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    I know you're trolling, but they aren't just, my, opinion, man. They show what they show.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Two kids killed by lighting in 2022 - https://www.weather.gov/safety/lightning_fatalities22
    Have we tried banning lightning? Will no one think of the children?!?

Pretending that any of these sources ignore the statistical makeup that creates this mortality rate is deliberately misconstruing reality.
    You are welcome to your opinion that they should be separated and dealt with separately. But the professional public health community doesn't agree with your position.

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Have we tried banning lightning? Will no one think of the children?!?
    Hey fucktard, you were wrong. Why not admit it? That would help people to understand that you’re reasonable and we can have a constructive dialogue.

Apologies, that was meant for LeRoi

Leroy still hasn’t explained his “the US is no different than any other country when it comes to gun violence” statement - so engaging him in the conversation he claims he wants to have is foolish. You can’t reason with someone who didn’t use reason themselves to form their ideas and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Hey fucktard, you were wrong. Why not admit it? That would help people to understand that you’re reasonable and we can have a constructive dialogue.

Apologies, that was meant for LeRoi

Do you view the responsibility and necessity for compromise and forming of unity to fall only on the shoulders of those you disagree with? Or is any of it your responsibility as well?

If the 'other side' are always the crazy ones, you're a part of that unproductive division as well.
    You keep saying "unity" like it is some magic wand that can be waved.

As shown earlier, on a number of gun control issues, a large percentage seems to support some very basic policies like universal background checks. So why are you standing in the way of completing the unity on this topic?

Gun control advocates are not the ones with the absolutist positions on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Gun control advocates are not the ones with the absolutist positions on this issue.
    The reason for this, and in general conservatives typically be absolutists on policy debate is that by definition any compromise that a conservative makes is a loss, while a compromise is still a win for a progressive. Conservatives are attempting to conserve the way it is/was- to meet in the middle means moving further away from their stated goal. A progressive meeting in the middle is still moving towards their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    The reason for this, and in general conservatives typically be absolutists on policy debate is that by definition any compromise that a conservative makes is a loss, while a compromise is still a win for a progressive. Conservatives are attempting to conserve the way it is/was- to meet in the middle means moving further away from their stated goal. A progressive meeting in the middle is still moving towards their goal.
    It's not just conservatives who have adopted the no-compromise messaging strategy.
    The environmental lobby is upset at Biden for agreeing to Manchin's bill for oil/gas projects to move forward in order to secure assistance toward Biden's environmental goals.

Zero compromise is why we can't get anything done anymore. Purity testing everything.

I give Biden credit for dealing with the criticism and pursuing compromise. Manchin too.

That said, I see no particular reason why the middle should negotiate with the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Leroy still hasn’t explained his “the US is no different than any other country when it comes to gun violence” statement - so engaging him in the conversation he claims he wants to have is foolish. You can’t reason with someone who didn’t use reason themselves to form their ideas and opinions.
    That's straight up SOP. Change the argument to some strawman / red herring / technical minutiae that fit their preconceptions so they can regurgitate talking points and other spurious logic.

They don't want to answer "what's different about America?" because they have no answer.

Quite the opposite since the vast majority of gun deaths are suicides. Only showing murders greatly undercounts the mortality of being around guns.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    You can’t reason with someone who didn’t use reason themselves to form their ideas and opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    It's That said, I see no particular reason why the middle should negotiate with the extreme.
    They don't want to answer "what's different about America?" because they have no answer.
    QFT

So why do y’all keep responding to Leroy?
    Do ya think you’re so eloquent you’re gonna change his mind?
    Each time he posts, about five others remind him of his mental deficiency.
    Thereby sending trillions if not quadrillions of electrons on a fruitless journey.

Won’t someone think of the electrons!!!???

gotta have fruit on your journey...