• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 166 of 295 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Nah, kindergarteners shouldn’t need to go through security to go learn to read.

Sorry, you sound insane.

This is just as impossible to implement as gun confiscation. Just whack a mole anyways until you get at the root. Schools get hardened, then it will be the library down the street, harden the library then it’s the grocery store, harden the grocery store and then it’s then it’s the movie theater, on and on.

End result is Americans unable to go anywhere without ID and a security check. Which I think is Leroy’s greatest fear.
    Honestly the ID and security check sound fairly benign. I more fear mass murders jumping from a dozen or so people at a time when done by civilians to 10s of millions when the government takes them over they get REAL efficient. Which are almost always preceded directly by mass disarmament of the civilian population. Sometimes years prior, but directly preceded usually.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The sad reality is depressing.

I drop my kid off at her bus stop and just make sure the last thing she hears from me is “I love you”.

Then I go about my day and play the odds and hope her number isn’t pulled.

Over time it gets easier, similar feeling to boarding an airplane I guess. Those things occasionally crash but you put that thought into a little compartment in the back of your brain and move on with life.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This is heart wrenching but really not that much different than the vast majority of human history.

The post wwII era was really the most peaceful most prosperous era in all of human history.

Its not that I don't think we should shoot for the moon so to speak, but we should put things in perspective. Safety is great but its an unreachable ideal and not the primary good because if you treat it as such you'll even lose your safety.

The biggest mass murderers in history have been governments and rulers.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

What an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Yes! Kids should have to pass through a gauntlet of armed adults at the front doors in order to feel safe in school. It should cut down on bad behavior by the students as well. Double win!

The difference between the way the world is and how we feel it should be will always be huge. Losing sight of that cripples us to actually exist in the world as it is.

Mr Kumbaya seems quite the pompass ass.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    What an idiot.
    Proving my point fantastically.

Pretty sure they'd stop selling guns and ammo LONG before any gun grab's going to be executed.

Clinton didn't take yer gunz, even during the Brady era.
    Obama didn't take yer gunz..
    Biden ain't gonna take yer gunz..

If anyone takes yer gunz it will be the guy who puts an end to free and fair elections clinging to power. That's the type of leader who doesn't want anyone else to have weapons..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Leroy has very good internet down deep in that bunker of his.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Pretty sure they'd stop selling guns and ammo LONG before any gun grab's going to be executed.

Clinton didn't take yer gunz, even during the Brady era.
    Obama didn't take yer gunz..
    Biden ain't gonna take yer gunz..

If anyone takes yer gunz it will be the guy who puts an end to free and fair elections clinging to power. That's the type of leader who doesn't want anyone else to have weapons..
    So? IS this some sort of gotcha in your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    The difference between the way the world is and how we feel it should be will always be huge. Losing sight of that cripples us to actually exist in the world as it is.
    This is pretty ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Leroy has very good internet down deep in that bunker of his.

Ahh yes sarcasm. Prove my point perfectly.

This is pretty ironic.
    Use your words and articulate how big boy. Cus I don't see it.

Like, HUDGE idiot.

Really big.

Like, HUDGE idiot.

Really big.
    This is a scathing meaningful well articulated rebuttal and in no way idiotic at all nor emblematic of the problems I've described in refusing to see anyone who opposes you as anything other than stupid evil or crazy.

You wanna check of the crazy and evil ones too while you're at it?

You guys don't want compromise. You want to jerk off in a circle together.

Your dismissiveness is not indicative of the worth of my statements but merely your inability to say anything.

Nah, kindergarteners shouldn’t need to go through security to go learn to read.

Sorry, you sound insane.

This is just as impossible to implement as gun confiscation. Just whack a mole anyways until you get at the root. Schools get hardened, then it will be the library down the street, harden the library then it’s the grocery store, harden the grocery store and then it’s then it’s the movie theater, on and on.

End result is Americans unable to go anywhere without ID and a security check. Which I think is Leroy’s greatest fear.
    This.

It's not about public health or reason or common sense. It's about a bunch of gun cucks who prioritize LARPing.
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Gun nuts want more guns everywhere. It makes zero sense to me. We don’t need all the guns in all the places. Especially with kids places.

But yeah, it’s your right. ��
    Also this.

So even if I am not willing to compromise at all, I am at least willing to discuss it.
    If you’re not willing to compromise, then it isn’t a discussion. Period.

You guys don't want compromise. You want to jerk off in a circle together.
    This from someone that said they are not willing to compromise? Really? Can’t you see the problem there?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    This from someone that said they are not willing to compromise? Really? Can’t you see the problem there?
    Based on odd posting patterns here, I suspect a few of our gun-worshiping posters know deep down that they are 1, maybe 2, life tragedies away from inventing a noble cause and probably don't see a whole lotta daylight between themselves and some of the kooks.

Overwhelming preoccupation with weapons isn't a benign trait. Add a dash of persecution complex and you're 1/2 way there.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    If you’re not willing to compromise, then it isn’t a discussion. Period.
    Reason number 563728292 why no one should engage with that dipshit.

Fair enough you're basically right.

The biggest difference is I don't say you're just stupid crazy or evil for disagreeing with me. Rather I can see that where you're coming from is a valid place of wanting to reduce violence.

So even if I am not willing to compromise at all, I am at least willing to discuss it. For the antis, the only discussion I see taking place is the echo chamber and denigration of anyone elses views who run contrary to that. Like the assertion that an armed population is part of the system of checks and balances to protect power being in the hands of the people is often denigrated with sarcasm that 'oh youll never stand up to drones with your ar15' despite history showing otherwise. Regardless, theres hardly every any discussion from the antis of like oh ok I can see thats where you're coming from and see there is some validity to that.

This is a prerequisite to forming compromise, that both sides are operating under good faith and basic respect for the other and not simply wanting to exert their will over the other side because they're just wrong.

Sadly I think this is part of a wider trend. 10 years ago people disagreed but didn't need to reduce their opposition to stupid crazy or evil. Read the several comments right above mine for great examples. No it couldn't be any valid disagreement to me, they're just larping etc.

This mindset is what makes it a slippery slope, because these people won't be satisfied with 'common sense' legislation. They think theres no good reason for widespread civilian firearms ownership and even if restrictions on that don't solve the problem they'll keep pushing for those restrictions again and again and again all the way down the slippery slope because its what they believe in emotionally and idealistically.
    Your projection about what “the other side” will or won’t do explains why you are only willing to discuss but not compromise.

Honestly the ID and security check sound fairly benign. I more fear mass murders jumping from a dozen or so people at a time when done by civilians to 10s of millions when the government takes them over they get REAL efficient. Which are almost always preceded directly by mass disarmament of the civilian population. Sometimes years prior, but directly preceded usually.
    You’re so adamant about holding onto your guns that you’re willing to accept “papers please”?

The biggest mass murderers in history have been religion.
    FIFY.

Use your words and articulate how big boy. Cus I don't see it.
    I could write a treatise as long as War and Peace and you still wouldn’t understand.

Anyways. Pointless conversation with someone uninterested in compromise as MS points out.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    ...similar feeling to boarding an airplane I guess. Those things occasionally crash but you put that thought into a little compartment in the back of your brain and move on with life.
    There have been 275 people shot in this country (in what's defined as mass shootings) this month. 87 dead. Just January.

Contrast that with zero commercial aviation fatalities this month. 10 died in 2022 (all in the same small airplane accident).

Zero airline level plane crash fatalities in 2021, and 2020 (unless you count the motherfucker that ran onto the runway and was hit by a 737).

In 2022 there were 735 mass shootings in the US that left 762 people dead and an additional 2902 wounded. This is by far our greatest social issue (closely followed by institutional racism/police lawlessness) yet one side is A fucking OK with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Based on odd posting patterns here, I suspect a few of our gun-worshiping posters know deep down that they are 1, maybe 2, life tragedies away from inventing a noble cause and probably don't see a whole lotta daylight between themselves and some of the kooks.

Overwhelming preoccupation with weapons isn't a benign trait. Add a dash of persecution complex and you're 1/2 way there.
    And they wonder why they never get laid...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!