• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 106 of 295 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    So this is an assault weapon?

Can't imagine why nothing has passed regarding "assault weapons".
    IMHO, handguns that fire projectiles that most standard police vests and steel school doors handle well don't need to be on the no fly list.. yet.. But, I can see the rationale to include that
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    IMHO, handguns that fire projectiles that most standard police vests and steel school doors handle well don't need to be on the no fly list.. yet.. But, I can see the rationale to include that
    I think that's why gun owners say "they're coming to take all of our guns".

Glocks make up 65% of the market share for handguns in the US.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

We've said over and over that the Brady Bill AWB is the ideal starting point here. I refer you to that with your query "what is an assault weapon"..
    BS is trying to muddy the waters...which is what Tom Cotton did with Chipman during his confirmation hearing. Then you get the gun nuts saying "orly, look at this gun, is it an assault weapon?!?!?!" over and over and over. It's meant to shut down the conversation. Unfortunately it can be very effective.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    BS is trying to muddy the waters...which is what Tom Cotton did with Chipman during his confirmation hearing. Then you get the gun nuts saying "orly, look at this gun, is it an assault weapon?!?!?!" over and over and over. It's meant to shut down the conversation. Unfortunately it can be very effective.
    Just so we are clear. These are both "assault weapons"? They both fire rapidly and have large magazines. If that's the case then really its a ban on semi auto firearms. Never going to happen.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Just so we are clear. These are both "assault weapons"? They both fire rapidly and have large magazines. If that's the case then really its a ban on semi auto firearms. Never going to happen.

What they will ban is the magazines larger than 10 rounds for the handguns.. probably ban the entire config for the rifles..
    Tax stamp required maybe?
    What would you ban Bobby?

What they will ban is the magazines larger than 10 rounds for the handguns.. probably ban the entire config for the rifles..
    Tax stamp required maybe?
    What would you ban Bobby?
    Class 3 designation on AR/AK style rifles and pistols. Lift Class 3 designation on suppressors and short barreled shotguns (because its a give and take). Maybe even lift the 1986 ban on machine guns but remain Class 3. Bans scare manufacturers who donate large amounts of money to lobbyists.

Mags (even with 10 rounds) are easy to change and still do plenty of damage. See the 1911. Since AR/AK platforms will be Class 3 then the big mags don't really need to be regulated.

I would require people with AR/AK style rifles to register with Silencer Shop and go through the 4 month wait period. 200 dollar tax stamp. Plus the transfer fee to the FFL. Item would be stored at the transferring FFL till the stamp came in. So no grandfathering in guns.

So this is an assault weapon?

Can't imagine why nothing has passed regarding "assault weapons".

I would say the worst starting point is the AWB.
    That’s an ammo sexual gun. FDE gun with matching light. Gun fag for sure. I’m sure the FDE is really necessary to camp your gun in the deserts of Tennessee. That gun is just got for the I’m a dork want to look like an operator crowd.

Tell that to the Virginia tech victims.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Tell that to the Virginia tech victims.

FWIW, most places without a CCL/CCW it takes 4-6 weeks to get the paperwork to purchase a handgun..So there's a much higher hurdle for the impulse killer to clear to get that..

Add in the thousands of innocent people cops have killed with that platform. I see both sides there.. start with the rifles and magazines, cascade to the smaller ones when they prove to be the tool of choice.

Any gun with a douchey flashlight should be banned IMO. Why are the flashlights on in that photo?

Any gun with a douchey flashlight should be banned IMO. Why are the flashlights on in that photo?
    Because the only way to stop a bad guy with a flashlight is a good guy with a flashlight..

Because the only way to stop a bad guy with a flashlight is a good guy with a flashlight..
    True. good point.

If not for shooting other humans what purpose do those guns serve? Shooting varmint on ones property?

True. good point.

If not for shooting other humans what purpose do those guns serve? Shooting varmint on ones property?
    They embolden assholes to say shit and do shit to other citizens they wouldn't say or do without a gun handy.. The myth that an armed society is a polite society is totally busted..

If only there was something we could do...

FWIW, most places without a CCL/CCW it takes 4-6 weeks to get the paperwork to purchase a handgun..So there's a much higher hurdle for the impulse killer to clear to get that..

Add in the thousands of innocent people cops have killed with that platform. I see both sides there.. start with the rifles and magazines, cascade to the smaller ones when they prove to be the tool of choice.
    Is this true? It’s like 15 minutes here in CO to run and [assuming you] pass the check except when there was a backlog because of Covid then it was like up to two days. But then you get the gun. They also never asked if I had a CCW at either shop and fwiw I don’t and wouldn’t have ever attempted to lie about that lol. There was no other “paperwork “ Then again I didn’t conceal it out the door.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    That’s an ammo sexual gun. FDE gun with matching light. Gun fag for sure. I’m sure the FDE is really necessary to camp your gun in the deserts of Tennessee. That gun is just got for the I’m a dork want to look like an operator crowd.
    Good to know.

It was literally the first picture I found with an extended mag.

Once again. It was the first pic I found in Google search.

How is that relevant?

Yall are hopeless and so is your "movement". Enjoy your mental masturbation here on TGR and don't forget to give yourself a big pat on the back for accomplishing nothing in the way of preventing the next mass shooting.

Class 3 designation on AR/AK style rifles and pistols. Lift Class 3 designation on suppressors and short barreled shotguns (because its a give and take). Maybe even lift the 1986 ban on machine guns but remain Class 3. Bans scare manufacturers who donate large amounts of money to lobbyists.

Mags (even with 10 rounds) are easy to change and still do plenty of damage. See the 1911. Since AR/AK platforms will be Class 3 then the big mags don't really need to be regulated.

I would require people with AR/AK style rifles to register with Silencer Shop and go through the 4 month wait period. 200 dollar tax stamp. Plus the transfer fee to the FFL. Item would be stored at the transferring FFL till the stamp came in. So no grandfathering in guns.
    WhY aRe ThE fLaShLiGhTs On???

How is that relevant?

Yall are hopeless and so is your "movement". Enjoy your mental masturbation here on TGR and don't forget to give yourself a big pat on the back for accomplishing nothing in the way of preventing the next mass shooting.
    How old are your kids Bobby? Be sure to tell them you love them every day.

Add in the thousands of innocent people cops have killed with that platform. I see both sides there.. start with the rifles and magazines,
    That wont work. You need to have both the rifles and pistols or they will just make more pistols with arm braces.

How old are your kids Bobby? Be sure to tell them you love them every day.
    Old enough to know how to properly handle firearms. 400 million of them out there, I'd say that's a necessary skill for anyone.

They embolden assholes to say shit and do shit to other citizens they wouldn't say or do without a gun handy...
    That seems to be the case among males aged 15-18. Also known as "children".

How is that relevant?

I don't know how it's relevant...was merely pointing out that anyone rocking those guns is a huge fucking douchebag.

A lot of people have responded to you with reasoned ideas that you dismiss because you're hung up on the "yeah but, what is an assault weapon? what if I assault you with a pine cone, is that an assault weapon?" idiocy. it's all meant to muddy the waters and end discussion...that's y'alls movement and it sucks. Very little can get accomplished as a result.

Muddy the waters until the dead kids are forgotten - and pat yourself on the back for obstructing.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Muddy the waters until the dead kids are forgotten - and pat yourself on the back for obstructing.
    Do we need to go back to Deflecting? Aren't you the one looking for change? I've already said my idea.

"Assault weapon" needs to be defined if anything is to happen. It's not been defined and nothing has happened in about 20 years. So yeah. Just muddying up the waters here.

I don't know how it's relevant...was merely pointing out that anyone rocking those guns is a huge fucking douchebag.
    And missed the point of the picture. Well done bro.

A lot of people have responded to you with reasoned ideas that you dismiss because you're hung up on the "yeah but, what is an assault weapon? what if I assault you with a pine cone, is that an assault weapon?" idiocy. it's all meant to muddy the waters and end discussion...that's y'alls movement and it sucks. Very little can get accomplished as a result.
    I’ll repeat it again. But Bobby’s idea of making most of these weapons NFA items is legally sound and would make a world of difference in these mass shooting events. I’m also 100% sure the guys Bobby trains with world e against this and also that he’d never mention the idea to them for fear of being called a “lib”. I’d love to see 30 day wait limits on all gun purchases. Less than zero chance that will happen. Here in Utah it’s less than 30 minutes to buy whatever gun besides a fully auto gun. And you can even buy 100 round magazines. If you have a ccw it’s as fast the card or cash transaction takes. There’s no reason to need a gun that quickly. The overall gun problem in this country isn’t going to change without a wholesale cultural change in this country and it seems like we’re stuck in a negative feed back loop.