• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 58 of 295 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I would think this is fairly obvious.

It's been almost 10 years since Sandy Hook and nothing meaningful has happened.
    A lot has happened since Sandy Hook:

- Republicans have made access to guns easier
    - Democrats have made policing less effective

Note: None of the above is intended as a political statement, just a statement of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Those are just run of the mill mass shootings. We’re used to those down here.

Flipping Sandy Hook style false flag crazies out in full force today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

Note: None of the above is intended as a political statement, just a statement of fact.
    In what way have dems made policing less effective? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Seattle PD has a hands off policy when it comes to heroin usage : https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/23/o...g-seattle.html .

That has made some downtown areas unpleasant or hostile.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

I’d argue the post 9/11 militarization of the police, the “back the blue” culture, and judicial rulings that remove consequences are all things supportive of police, but contrary to good policing.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    It's not going to be a popular take. I don't like it. The evidence so far does show however depolicing leads to an increase in crime, increase in homicides, and even drives up traffic fatalities. Unfortunately, defunding the local police doesn't even have the desired effect of making more resources available for other things, instead it increases county sheriffs spending which offsets any city savings.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I’d argue the post 9/11 militarization of the police, the “back the blue” culture, and judicial rulings that remove consequences are all things supportive of police, but contrary to good policing.
    Yeah, there's a lot literature showing things like militarization, civil asset forfeiture, etc., is counterproductive but good policing as in police in the community responding to calls makes a big difference.

Vanishingly few districts have defunded their police; depolicing is what the union thugs do to extract more concessions. If you are a gun owner concerned about gun rights, the rise of no-knock warrants* should give you pause (if you arent a rich white suburbanite)

* and police lawless unwillingness to follow policy on when to get them

NYC cops:

CANT HANDLE ME BEATING UP PROTESTORS? THAN YOU DONT DESERVE ME AT YOUR JUST RAPED AND NEED ASSISTANCE (or active shooter etc).

shitshow
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

All true. People don't think we live in a time of road bandits and shakedown rackets, but we do they're just wearing badges. That doesn't change the fact in cities where policing has decreased or where they've stopped responding to unruly anti-social behavior like loud music and shoplifting all crime, including gun crime, has gone up.

NYTimes article today about whether graphic photos would be effective at forcing the control hand. When I started the thread I looked for graphic photos of dead kids.
    The anti abortion movement was very effective at using graphic photos in their movement, as was the anti smoking effort. Seeing pictures of a dozen dead kids riddled with bullets would be sickening, but i think it would make it a lot harder to accept dead kids as the tradeoff for millions of guns everywhere.

Try, just for a minute to imagine what the classroom looked like in the immediate aftermath of the shootings. Still want lots of guns everywhere?
    sigless.

I think the pics should run. Big and in color.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Cleary you haven't been to a school in at least ten years. No one comes in except via a buzzer and camera on the other side of a locked metal door. Schools are way more secure than public retail venues, churches, concert and sports venues, etc...

What's not secure is HUMANS. A human teacher left one of those auto locked doors at the school PROPPED OPEN. That's how the shooter accessed the building. The Newton shooter used his AR15 to shred the metal around the lock of the buzzer camera access main entrance of that school. Schools try pretty hard already..
    My wife teaches at a nearby high school in Utah. All doors are wide open. No locked doors, nobody getting buzzed in, kids going in and out unfettered. About once a month my wife forgets something and I bring it to her. I, a clearly deranged individual probably under the influence of teh weedz, stroll right in the side entrance by the bus loop and saunter right into her room. But hey they have an armed school resource officer or two that I have full confidence would run like bitches away from the gunfire if it ever happened. So yeah, not every school locks it's doors....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    NYTimes article today about whether graphic photos would be effective at forcing the control hand. When I started the thread I looked for graphic photos of dead kids.
    The anti abortion movement was very effective at using graphic photos in their movement, as was the anti smoking effort. Seeing pictures of a dozen dead kids riddled with bullets would be sickening, but i think it would make it a lot harder to accept dead kids as the tradeoff for millions of guns everywhere.

Try, just for a minute to imagine what the classroom looked like in the immediate aftermath of the shootings. Still want lots of guns everywhere?
    Could you make something like that procedural in congress? Like “anyone who wants to lobby for/promote/ include / gun rights in a bill needs to first walk everyone through a PowerPoint with the dead kids pictures, along with their names, hobbies, what they wanted to be when they grew up?”

At least make them earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    My wife teaches at a nearby high school in Utah. All doors are wide open. No locked doors, nobody getting buzzed in, kids going in and out unfettered. About once a month my wife forgets something and I bring it to her. I, a clearly deranged individual probably under the influence of teh weedz, stroll right in the side entrance by the bus loop and saunter right into her room. But hey they have an armed school resource officer or two that I have full confidence would run like bitches away from the gunfire if it ever happened. So yeah, not every school locks it's doors....

Hey, SJG said he lives in a war zone

Shock factor may be the only thing that works for your gun fucking crazy 40% of the population. The shock of seeing photos of shot up kids, the shock of having someone "they" love slaughtered with a gun. Such a large proportion of the population are so desensitized to the madness, not enough are getting shocked into any sort of positive change.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Hey, SJG said he lives in a war zone

Utah is full on warzone be careful talking about the ganjola up LCC better have on your plate carriers and a couple of hand grenades. There are tons of gunfags and ammosexuals here, lots of dudes using weaponry and diesel trucks as penis extensions. I praise Ullr I taught my son gun safety and what to do when at a friend's house and his buddy trots out an unsecured berretta from dad's nightstand to show his friends cause it has happened. Dad was not cuffed and stuffed like he should have been. War zone Sandy UT where people cant sleep at night without a gat on the nightstand, a 12 gauge in the closet and an AR under the bed. The NRA is effective on the smoothbrains

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

If only there was something we could do...

We need good leadership right now.
    Because we’re now entering the phase where people stop listening to eachother and any hope of working together goes back down the drain.

I heard a smirky interview between Jim Acosta and a judge/nra board member. Both assholes.

Anyway the NRA guy explained how a lot of states are not uploading criminal and mental records to the National background system. They want federal funding Of course, jim did not follow up on that, instead he just kept mocking the guy with loaded questions and the usual mass murder nra shit.

That was something I didn’t know, a hole that could be fixed, should be fixed, with a alot of other fixes and changes.

But instead it’s just the usual bullshit. Insult eachother, divide, and get nothing done.

I read that the Australian government removed 650,000 guns during their round up.

That's .165% of the guns in the United States.

I think they said it took 4 months. That means it would take 205 years if scaled to the US.

Im not sure the Australian model is a viable method to point to.

No to mention, Australia's population is about the same as NYC.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Gun manufacturers can’t be sued if their guns are used in a crime thanks to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. Really limits the cost for them. They can flood the market with lethal weapons essentially without consequences.

The Sandy Hook families got Remington by suing for their marketing campaign. Sure seems like the same law could be used against Daniels but Texas probably has even more protections for gun manufacturers.
    Exactly. FWIW, this ad appeared a few days before the shooting from the same company that manufactured the gun used in Texas. Nice use of the English language btw.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 4.17.53 PM.png
Views: 252
Size:  412.7 KB

In 2017 a gunman in Las Vegas perched in his hotel suite opened fire on an outdoor music festival and killed 58 people; nearly 500 others were wounded. Among the arsenal discovered in his hotel room were four semi-automatic rifles manufactured by Daniel Defense.

A Daniel Defense spokesman told NBC News that the company has decided to skip the NRA event in Houston "due to the horrifying tragedy in Uvalde, Texas where one of our products was criminally misused."

I guess the optics were bad. No need to worry, that'll change soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    ...The anti abortion movement was very effective at using graphic photos in their movement...
    And the majority of their pics are fake

This

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I read that the Australian government removed 650,000 guns during their round up.

That's .165% of the guns in the United States.

I think they said it took 4 months. That means it would take 205 years if scaled to the US.

Im not sure the Australian model is a viable method to point to.

No to mention, Australia's population is about the same as NYC.
    Start with the ammo. I'd settle for the Canada model..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

+3. skiJ