• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 165 of 295 FirstFirst ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 7374
    Even the bestest goodest good guy today is capable of being the craziest suicidal basket case after an avalanche of bad breaks..

There are also quite a few complete sociopaths who have yet to be convicted of a felony.

We can't continue to allow virtually uninfringed access to weapons of the level of killing efficiency that we're currently allowing.. How many more mass tragedy events do we need to stop this madness? It appears infinity..

I'm not that guy so you can't take mine.. What's missing is the "yet" after "guy"...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

100% with carl
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Gun "enthusiast's" can't comprehend the 2nd and 3rd word of the Amendment
    But the USSCT did.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    But the USSCT did.
    Did they, though?
    It seems like they purposely misunderstood Citizen's United & Roe too

^^^^
    + the bullshit about prayer in schools lead by teachers and other school staff..

If you put 2 volunteer parents at every school w rifles school shootings would cease immediately.

The cowards who choose to kill kids know noone is there. They wouldn't have the sack to approach the school if they absolutely knew resistance was there.

Malls, grocery etc is another topic, at least the kids would be more protected.

More laws and restrictions are not what we need. Piece of shit parenting is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    If you put 2 volunteer parents at every school w rifles school shootings would cease immediately.

The cowards who choose to kill kids know noone is there. They wouldn't have the sack to approach the school if they absolutely knew resistance was there.

More laws and restrictions are not what we need. Piece of shit parenting is the issue.
    A bit myopic

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    A bit myopic

Kids with no kids say the funniest things.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

It's a complicated, beyond any answer, topic. So yeah it's myopic, but simple and effective.

Fucked up cowards as a result of terrible parents playing call of duty constantly and wanting thier 15 min of fame.

I say fight fire w fire in this instance. But hey,they are your kids, let them get mowed down w no defense.

There are already armed LEOs at most of these schools. Did a lot of good in Uvalde didn't it?

If only there was something we could do...

these things have also been happening since before Call of Duty. Call of Duty is also available in Japan, Australia, Canada, etc and yet they don’t suffer. Why?

eta: enter very circular conversation about why

so….

pick some of the reasonable ideas from the list especially ones that make guns more difficult to acquire and tracked and see what happens over 5-10 years
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Yes! Kids should have to pass through a gauntlet of armed adults at the front doors in order to feel safe in school. It should cut down on bad behavior by the students as well. Double win!

The world isn't all roses cupcake.

Security is a growing industry everywhere. We have tsa, cctv everywhere. My friends parents even in Chile all sold their homes and live in high rises due to crime.

Why should we treat school any differently? Sad, but it’s reality.

In my town we hire pussy cops so as not to scare the soccer moms. The kind that played in the band. I wrote to my PD after Uvalde and told them I want ex jarheads hired.

Sez the guy with no kids. Sheesh.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Sez the guy with no kids. Sheesh.
    I'm hoping byates didn't reproduce...

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...uverify%20wall
    We Already Know Which Gun Policies Work

Fucking paywall

Name:  gun laws.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  162.4 KB

The sad reality is depressing.

I drop my kid off at her bus stop and just make sure the last thing she hears from me is “I love you”.

Then I go about my day and play the odds and hope her number isn’t pulled.

Over time it gets easier, similar feeling to boarding an airplane I guess. Those things occasionally crash but you put that thought into a little compartment in the back of your brain and move on with life.

Truthfully, we need to harden schools.
    We go to airports, concerts, sporting events, and guess what we go through security and a scanner. I go to court, and guess what, I go through a scanner.

Each school should have a dedicated LEO satellite office to do check-in's through a scanner and x-ray every backpack every day.

Seen the timeline on the 6-year old that shot the teacher in Virginia? School officials warned 3 times the kid had a gun, where it was at, and what he planned to do with it. And did nothing. Appropriate security would have stopped this one.

And screw the soccer moms.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

If only there was something we could do...

^^ depressing indeed AK. But hey, according to the gun psychos who keep coming in here to stir shit, you and your daughter just need to toughen up so they can play with their toys and feel protected unencumbered by the sad reality they fight to perpetuate.

Nah, kindergarteners shouldn’t need to go through security to go learn to read.

Sorry, you sound insane.

This is just as impossible to implement as gun confiscation. Just whack a mole anyways until you get at the root. Schools get hardened, then it will be the library down the street, harden the library then it’s the grocery store, harden the grocery store and then it’s then it’s the movie theater, on and on.

End result is Americans unable to go anywhere without ID and a security check. Which I think is Leroy’s greatest fear.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Truthfully, we need to harden schools.
    We go to airports, concerts, sporting events, and guess what we go through security and a scanner. I go to court, and guess what, I go through a scanner.

Each school should have a dedicated LEO satellite office to do check-in's through a scanner and x-ray every backpack every day.

Seen the timeline on the 6-year old that shot the teacher in Virginia? School officials warned 3 times the kid had a gun, where it was at, and what he planned to do with it. And did nothing. Appropriate security would have stopped this one.
    appropriate security fails just as much as it succeeds -- see "police"

leaning in to more guns is not the answer.
    public health research says that fewer guns, not more, results in fewer problems

It's not about public health or reason or common sense. It's about a bunch of gun cucks who prioritize LARPing.

The world isn't all roses cupcake.
    If only there was something we could do.....

Gun nuts want more guns everywhere. It makes zero sense to me. We don’t need all the guns in all the places. Especially with kids places.

But yeah, it’s your right. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    What is your proposed compromise position? So far you’ve just been No.
    Fair enough you're basically right.

The biggest difference is I don't say you're just stupid crazy or evil for disagreeing with me. Rather I can see that where you're coming from is a valid place of wanting to reduce violence.

So even if I am not willing to compromise at all, I am at least willing to discuss it. For the antis, the only discussion I see taking place is the echo chamber and denigration of anyone elses views who run contrary to that. Like the assertion that an armed population is part of the system of checks and balances to protect power being in the hands of the people is often denigrated with sarcasm that 'oh youll never stand up to drones with your ar15' despite history showing otherwise. Regardless, theres hardly every any discussion from the antis of like oh ok I can see thats where you're coming from and see there is some validity to that.

This is a prerequisite to forming compromise, that both sides are operating under good faith and basic respect for the other and not simply wanting to exert their will over the other side because they're just wrong.

Sadly I think this is part of a wider trend. 10 years ago people disagreed but didn't need to reduce their opposition to stupid crazy or evil. Read the several comments right above mine for great examples. No it couldn't be any valid disagreement to me, they're just larping etc.

This mindset is what makes it a slippery slope, because these people won't be satisfied with 'common sense' legislation. They think theres no good reason for widespread civilian firearms ownership and even if restrictions on that don't solve the problem they'll keep pushing for those restrictions again and again and again all the way down the slippery slope because its what they believe in emotionally and idealistically.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.