• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 279 of 295 FirstFirst ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I can't believe you guys still pay any attention at all to BH and LJ.

Yea,why on earth would anyone ask for a reasonable extrapolation of a supposed solution someone presented? How crazy of me.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    1 BH doesn’t post enough for me to bother with an ignore

2If everyone ignored the obvious racism rather than condemning it then there’s a chance it could look like approval
    what fucking racism are you talking about you gaslighting crazy person?

Gun control has always been racist and women of color are the fastest growing group of gun owners.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    You don't understand the difference between objective and subjective. You say I cannot factually demonstrate... bla bl abl a...

He demontsrated those things. They are a reasonable conclusion, but they arent the same kind of things that one should associate the words factually and objectrively. They are subjectively true. They're not something you'll back up with data or a study, but its pretty clearly demonstrated there is zero interest in finding any sort of sollution to anything, and that his comment is not well thought out, and in no way to be taken seriously.

I am all fucking ears if he can actually spell out his little plan in a way that makes sense is realistic and doesn't amount to the gubment oughta kill the gun owners.

Till then its a super fair observation.

I also don't claim to hagve burned down any rhetorical house. I could be throwing slow pitches and I'd still be winning, that doesn't make me cal ripkin. I mean, I can't claim to have won anything when you guys won't even actually play the game.

Asking someone to articualte their ideas in a way that makes sense and is realistic is not being entitled to some 100% solution. You're free to be nonsense people. You don't owe me acutal debate, but its your loss if you aren't capable of it. I'm literally trying to discuss a solution someone suggested, and you guys just are not capable. You do not want solutions. 278 pages and there is basically zero actual brainstorming anywhere in this thread about anythere other than grr gun owners bad ooooh look at the violence.

Any rebuttal is basically grr leroy annoying.
    Grrr Leroy is annoying

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    You mad bro? You mad because the KC mass shooting wasn't committed by a middle aged white man? Or are you mad because 13% of the population commits over half of the homicides, not the mouth breathers?
    Nope. I just don’t appreciate you taking my post and making it racial. Say what you want to say, just do it using your own words/posts.

I’m just here cause it hurts me as a human every time I hear of another stupid mass shooting - even worse when kids are the victims. I have no interest in discussing anything beyond that.
    I still call it The Jake.

leroy is the oblivious poster child for this thread
    it's painful to watch
    this is america

Leroy and Birdhunter - Just curious….

You state the issue is mainly mental health + that small segment of the population who are criminals…

Are you guys voting for the politicians that are promoting spending tax payer money on those specific issues? Like socialized mental healthcare or funding secondary education for at risk youth so they have opportunities and don’t turn to a life of crime…

Or are you voting for the other politicians whose main goal is lowering tax payer burden?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

If only there was something we could do...

Delete.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

So for the anti-gun control people out there, you'd have to wonder that if they were randomly shot and lying on the ground about to die would their tune change or would they still be whimpering 2nd Amendment saves lives! Now where's that good guy with the gun?

That scenario is impossible to gun cucks. They are exceptional and it would never happen to them.

For those of us who sit squarely in the middle, this thread is exactly why nothing will ever get done to move towards an effective, responsible, and pragmatic solution.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

what’s the middle? expanding gun control is popular. we have an obstinate 20% that thinks that everything is great now (or we have too many rules) and we acquiesce to them.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Leroy and Birdhunter - Just curious….

You state the issue is mainly mental health + that small segment of the population who are criminals…

Are you guys voting for the politicians that are promoting spending tax payer money on those specific issues? Like socialized mental healthcare or funding secondary education for at risk youth so they have opportunities and don’t turn to a life of crime…

Or are you voting for the other politicians whose main goal is lowering tax payer burden?

You are asking them to think. Impossible. 20+ years of NRA/Industry propaganda took away that function of the brain. Seriously, I've studied the science and that's how the brain works.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Because gun nuts are irrational, paranoid, uneducated whack jobs and the pro-gun NRA and right wing politicians are funded by the gun lobby is exactly why nothing will ever get done to move towards an effective, responsible, and pragmatic solution.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

With the gun lobby funded by those declaring themselves pragmatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    With the gun lobby funded by those declaring themselves pragmatic.
    Agreed.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    For those of us who sit squarely in the middle, this thread is exactly why nothing will ever get done to move towards an effective, responsible, and pragmatic solution.
    Completely right. Small solutions like dare I say it CK suggested, need to be made.

The problem is, we do it but they don't work, so we make more and end up with a pile of crap rules and nobody follows them or punishes people or helps the those that need attention and no one is ever happy.

Please elaborate cuz I'm not following what about this thread is why nothing will get done.
    My take is this thread is about: "Nothing will ever get done" is where we are right now; and about lamenting not doing anything substantive/effective because of the staunch resistance to any regulation. Meanwhile the gun lobby works to loosen what rules do exist wherever they find useful votes.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    Completely right. Small solutions like dare I say it CK suggested, need to be made.

The problem is, we do it but they don't work, so we make more and end up with a pile of crap rules and nobody follows them or punishes people or helps the those that need attention and no one is ever happy.
    Thank you. Why is it so hard to say that the current status of regulation is ineffective?

More of purposefully neutered regs doesn't work -- so maybe we could try potent regs? And do it nationally so that there aren't anarchic zones next to regulated zones?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    More of purposefully neutered regs doesn't work -- so maybe we could try potent regs? And do it nationally so that there aren't anarchic zones next to regulated zones?
    It feels good to have a choice. Its "safe" on this side (or zone) of the fence and "free" on this side of the fence.

But then people cheat on the "safe" side and go to the "free" side for guns and cheat and kill people on the "safe" Chicago/B-more side. So it doesn't work.

yes, you are correctly making the argument of why the current system sucks and needs to be overhauled according to the vast majority of people who are sick of gun violence.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    What exactly is "squarely in the middle"?

third ask ^

I think it means he sees himself to be a sport shooter armed for hunting, practice, and some shits and giggles. And not a gun nut demanding the god given right to equip himself to repel the US Military when the shit hits the fan.

The silent majority.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.