• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 295 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    what the fuck, so canada isn’t free? england? germany?
    Apparently it's just "Freedom" in the USA.

The culture has to pick between "LIfe, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" and the second amendment.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    This country is beyond fucked. We are entirely incapable of solving this.

Freedom comes with this as a side effect and it sure does suck.
    Fuck you

Freedom is not having your kid murdered in school as a direct result of not being well regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    That’s a real man. I’d vote for Steve Kerr for president. The truth is there’s one political party that is hell bent on fucking this country. They care for nothing but money. Fuck every GOP politician and voter! I own guns. There’s no reason to not have sensible controls and there’s only one reason we don’t have them. The Republican Party and every person who votes for them. You vote to continue the status quo of this shit happening time and again. PERIOD, take a a look in the mirror and say you’re fine with this happening to your loved ones so that the status quo of zero fucks given can continue.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...shootings.html

Here’s sensible thinking on guns. And the only reason it doesn’t happen is the Republican Party and everyone who votes for them.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Violent crime has seen an uptick since the pandemic started, but before that it has been dropping since the peak in the late 80s.

Sadly cops in schools are more often predatory towards the kids than they are protectors, involving them in the legal system unnecessarily.

Gun control is probably the single most divisive issue in the US these days, during a time in which we need unity and less division.

Again, violent crime has been dropping for a long time, which does not seem like the case if you watch the news. Sure there are things to be done, but there has been an improving trend for a while, and further solutions should be considered as not being unequivocally good. There is a lot of room for improvement in the care of mentally ill.

Almost all mass shooters are on a cocktail of multiple meds, which aren't well enough understood. Anti psychotics sometimes make people who aren't violent start being violent. They prescribe them as a lot more than just anti psychotics.
    Word salad verbal diarrhea nonsense.

We’ll just add this to the long list of recent posts you’ve had to walk back once your narcissistic “everybody is gonna wanna here my 4 paragraph hot take on this” stream of consciousness got called out for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, this idea just offends me. It doesn't address the root cause which is easy access to guns by maniacs. If they can't get into schools they'll just shoot up something else. THE solution must be gun control to address gun violence. How is that not obvious to everyone?
    Offends you?

What can your community do tomorrow? To not throw everything possible at this problem, now that’s offensive.

Lots of retired cops and sheriffs who’d work that job for 30k a yr.

Waiting on politicians is insane.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Up to 21 killed.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Fuck you

Freedom is not having your kid murdered in school as a direct result of not being well regulated.
    Hey man, I think you've misinterpreted my post. What I am saying is that Freedom is, for everyone in this country living today, a reality that is indeed a direct result of not having a particular well regulated freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, this idea just offends me. It doesn't address the root cause which is easy access to guns by maniacs. If they can't get into schools they'll just shoot up something else. THE solution must be gun control to address gun violence. How is that not obvious to everyone?
    Your point is Good and you've made it well, AD - but., we can only do what we can do. The pro-gun lobby is still Very strong.

we can make schools safer - Not by staffing them like prisons, but by restricting access
    ( concretejungle says his access was restricted thirty years ago. )

so we can start there --

sorry Schuss, no sale. I 'll come back to this if I need to
    ( the divergent approaches of the administrations in 1993 and 2019 ,,, could hardly be more dis-similar ) ;
    my brief review of sources available claim the rate of gun violence has declined, while the number of incidence reported is largely unchanged.

And the purpose of this post is to acknowledge AD's post - and offer, let's try to do what we can. make schools safer.

tj

If that wasn't unclear before, it is now.

NRA meeting in Houston, with Cruz and Trump as blood on hands speakers there.

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Violent crime has seen an uptick since the pandemic started, but before that it has been dropping since the peak in the late 80s.

Sadly cops in schools are more often predatory towards the kids than they are protectors, involving them in the legal system unnecessarily.

Gun control is probably the single most divisive issue in the US these days, during a time in which we need unity and less division.

Again, violent crime has been dropping for a long time, which does not seem like the case if you watch the news. Sure there are things to be done, but there has been an improving trend for a while, and further solutions should be considered as not being unequivocally good. There is a lot of room for improvement in the care of mentally ill.

Almost all mass shooters are on a cocktail of multiple meds, which aren't well enough understood. Anti psychotics sometimes make people who aren't violent start being violent. They prescribe them as a lot more than just anti psychotics.
    I’m anti SSRI’s, and my last two girlfriends were giving that junk to their kids. People have no idea how powerful some of that shit is. It’s a complete roll of the dice if it will help or hurt a kid. Kids miss doses, go on and off them on a whim. When a my ex and her shri k sat me down and suggested my son go on them I said “sure, with a court order”. 8 yrs later he is damn perfect t without them and graduated tonight.

Fuck ass holes who shirk their responsibilities to parent and just drug their kids.

I’m a gun owner. I’d feel like we’d live in a more free society if innocent people didn’t have to worry about getting shot than I do about my right to bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I’m anti SSRI’s, and my last two girlfriends were giving that junk to their kids. People have no idea how powerful some of that shit is. It’s a complete roll of the dice if it will help or hurt a kid. Kids miss doses, go on and off them on a whim. When a my ex and her shri k sat me down and suggested my son go on them I said “sure, with a court order”. 8 yrs later he is damn perfect t without them and graduated tonight.

Fuck ass holes who shirk their responsibilities to parent and just drug their kids.

You get that when these murderers are not on any medications then the system (police, courts, teachers, medicine licensing boards, parents of hurt/dead kids, armchair maggot psychiatrists) ask "Why wasn't this mentally ill person on treatment?! Where were the professionals? I'm calling my lawyer!" (and by "get that" I mean you clearly don't)

To which you might say "yeah but treat them don't drug them" - easy to say - and if that is what you think please continue and explain exactly what that would look like. Court mandated therapy? Forced admission to psych ward but no medications.....for what....forced therapy? Please post up how successful these are if that's your solution.

I'm not saying SSRIs or antipsychotics are the answer. But it's fucking weaksauce to blame the meds - especially with your thankfully positive N=1 anecdote. Drugs are the new "violent video games" hand waving excuse from self styled experts who listen to Tom Cruise and Gweneth Paltrow and Jenny McCarthy for medical advice.

At this point, just keep the American flags at half mast indefinitely.

I remember meeting a young american while camping probably in the 70's and when he told us he was a security guard in an L.A. HS we all all laughed cuz we just couldn't fathom it but we wouldn't laugh now

If the shooters were not able to acess children in schools due to increased security wouldn't they just go to a shopping mall instead ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    You get that when these murderers are not on any medications then the system (police, courts, teachers, medicine licensing boards, parents of hurt/dead kids, armchair maggot psychiatrists) ask "Why wasn't this mentally ill person on treatment?! Where were the professionals?" (and by "get that" I mean you clearly don't)

To which you might say "yeah but treat them don't drug them" - easy to say - and if that is what you think please continue and explain exactly what that would look like. Court mandated therapy? Forced admission to psych ward but no medications.....for what....forced therapy? Please post up how successful these are if that's your solution.

I'm not saying SSRIs or antipsychotics are the answer. But it's fucking weaksauce to blame the meds - especially with your thankfully positive N=1 anecdote. Drugs are the new "violent video games" hand waving excuse from self styled experts who listen to Tom Cruise and Brooke Shields and Jenny McCarthy for medical advice.
    It’s a band aid, no one wants to put in the time. Just sedate them then, better than rolling the dice on the latest SSRI with a advertising campaign. Obviously, we’re going to always have shitty parents, and all we can really do is get rid of the guns. But, the entire industry is a joke. Drug dealers.

I saw my gf’s 14 yr old girl lie in bed for a weak as that shit tweaked her brain. She said she was tripping hard. The doctor said just give it time. My God!

It’s illegal to drug kids like in the UK.

( I'll come back to this )

revised, May 25, 2022 -

I opened this post to rebut the post that claims "murdeerer" should be 'medicated' so they can circulate in society -

no. we have prisons for murderers. and mental health institutions for the mentally ill who pose risk of murder.

the pendulum swings -
    usofa is currently in a far swing, where the perceived Right of the individual is given great privilege to the Responsibility to society.

drugging ten year old boys is not the solution.
    I played football. and then I had an after-school job. and then I got serious about 'school' -

drugging ten year old boys is not the solution.

we can make schools safer - by restricting access --

we might be able to limit future access to weapons designed for killing people.

my Condolences to any affected by these killings. (tj)

[ end revision ]

Great Respect for Steve Kerr.

tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 05-25-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Drugging isn't exactly treating necessarily. Its sometimes treating the symptoms not the disease and its sometimes just creating a reliable customer base who is dependent on your products.

Your whole post is creating a binary either or issue, in reality drugs are often given in leu of decent therapy and actual treatment.

As far as I know, no prescription drugs have shown any ability to have actually curative effects in regards to mental illness except psilocybin, and I guess supposedly ketamine.

This is the same system that created the opioid epidemic. Not sue why its America's darling sacred cow that is verboten to criticize because God and The (Bought and Paid for) Science

I've seen multiple people get sold a cocktail of daily meds and not have it work out well. They can increase psychosis and dissiociation etc.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I remember meeting a young american while camping probably in the 70's and when he told us he was a security guard in an L.A. HS we all all laughed cuz we just couldn't fathom it but we wouldn't laugh now

If the shooters were not able to acess children in schools due to increased security wouldn't they just go to a shopping mall instead ?
    They're alien beings Al.

Wow! News says the kid was being pursued before he went into school. That’s why he wrecked his truck.

Texas has no permits required, "constitutional carry", etc? You're simply not a criminal until the moment you kill someone? Any how many people in Texas alone are armed? Do they have restraining orders? Drunk driving citations? Are the guns secured? Do we know how many guns they have or how much ammo?

It doesn't sound good.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Governments have killed a lot more people than civilian mass shooters, by a ridiculous margin.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.