• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 295 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Objection, relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Violent crime has seen an uptick since the pandemic started, but before that it has been dropping since the peak in the late 80s.
    No problem here?

That's really what you're 'thinking' today?

Fuckwhit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Violent crime has seen an uptick since the pandemic started, but before that it has been dropping since the peak in the late 80s.
    Thank god we didn’t defund the police Leroy Jenkum

anyways, good to see the gun fondling incels are for more expensive government union employees, more teachers, and more government. Good job meal team six!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Sen. Murphy: “Spare me the bullshit about mental illness.

“We don't have any more mental illness than any other country in the world.

“You cannot explain this through a prism of mental illness because we don't we're not an outlier on mental illness.”

Skiing sux here, but I like my representation
    A quick search confirms that the US is indeed an outlier in terms of mental illness and does have more than the average.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    No problem here?

That's really what you're 'thinking' today?

Fuckwhit.
    No, just not the problem you'd think it is from the news.

Maybe if you lightened up on the insults and focused on reading comprehension yours might improve?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

The problem is still humans. Sandy Hook still happens in that scenario as his mom worked there, as do lots of other school shooting scenarios.
    Guns need to be harder to get with vicious penalties for acting irresponsibly with them.
    Trigger locks and access control works, but jackholes still act like idiots and that's why we have ~500+ accidental gun deaths a year.
    If there was mandatory training and the onus was on owners to secure their weapons, you'd likely cut this shit by 75%. But you can't because apparently not being able to carry around an unsecured loaded gun at all times is a bridge too far for paranoid idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    I do not understand why it would take 6-8 additional 'officers' per school to greatly enhance security -
    Access is a primary concern. Many municipal buildings are going to a single, Restricted Access entry point process ( current entries become emergency exits )
    Don't understand either - its not hard - or expensive. All of the schools in these parts do this (restrict access). Only one entrance, which can only be accessed by ringing the bell under the camera and being "buzzed in" by an administrator, who requires you to have a valid reason for being there.

Its not like turning the school into a prison or having armed guards roaming the hallways. Just, make access harder. You can't just walk in.

Saw this on a different site. The end broke me…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ykNZl9mTQ

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Trigger locks and access control works, but jackholes still act like idiots and that's why we have ~500+ accidental gun deaths a year.
    If there was mandatory training and the onus was on owners to secure their weapons, you'd likely cut this shit by 75%. But you can't because apparently not being able to carry around an unsecured loaded gun at all times is a bridge too far for paranoid idiots.
    You'd still have 30,000 + gun intentional suicides. Freedumb!!

The collective needs to make the decision most of us as individuals won't. Put the onus on what's possible not what just finally happened. I'll happily give up ALL mine if society finally makes the RIGHT decision that only law enforcement should have anything that's not a hunting rifle or shotgun.. CCW for legit high risk occupations and folks with a restraining order against a violent stalker.

That's how "well regulated" militias work. It's not supposed to be every jackhat who wants an AR and isn't already a felon can have one.. That's just plain stupid and tempting fate so here we are..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Saw this on a different site. The end broke me…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ykNZl9mTQ
    That hits.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    I basically accept that USA will be lenient and have a latitude towards fire arms. There's not enough appetite for meaningful change.

But what I cannot forgive is how we've fetishized it. We've made it really fucking weird. Like pray to the gun. Behold the golden calf gun. Bow to the gun altar. The mentality is bizarre and we have created a gun-first answer to problems.
    Ammosexuals, I really don’t get it.

Feels gross in this context but I’m actually shopping for a shotgun right now because shooting clays is really fun and I have friends who belong to a club nearby that includes both clays and duck hunting. Why in the hell would anyone need to own more than a shotgun or rifle? I just don’t get it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Don't understand either - its not hard - or expensive. All of the schools in these parts do this (restrict access). Only one entrance, which can only be accessed by ringing the bell under the camera and being "buzzed in" by an administrator, who requires you to have a valid reason for being there.

Its not like turning the school into a prison or having armed guards roaming the hallways. Just, make access harder. You can't just walk in.
    This is what I had to do almost thirty years ago. It wasn't traumatic for me and much less than the consequences seem to be at this point.

it is junk like the claim that "violent crime has been on the decline since the late '80s " that has allowed the proliferation of assault and automatic firearms that has allowed these mass killings to become more common -

I have a friend and I know several people who have their permits - and believe they are safer for carrying a handgun .
    I believe the claims in other threads that access to handguns is Easy in many urban cities in usofa -

I don't consider the increase of homicide by Seventy-one percent (71%) in minneapolis in 2020 to be an "uptick" - and that nothing compared to the weekly gun violence in Chicago...

I don't have an answer regarding gun ownership - except to say the Second Amendment pertained to a historic militia and has nothing to do with enabling the creation of personal armories
    ( assault weapons are not tools for 'hunting' game ).

I believe the claim "violent crime has declined since the late 1980s" is misinformation that has allowed the creation of arsenals that lead to these mass killings.

we need to do better.

tj

I'm writing to Senator Thom Tillis to tell him he's full of shit.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

My kids elementary has bullet proof safe rooms for when a school shooting happens. But anyone can hop a fence and massacre them during recess. And the doors to the front are all glass, so that isn't stopping entrance either even if you have to get buzzed in. If they put up metal doors, they will shoot through the windows and get in. if they get rid of windows, I dunno, it's a fortress then like Basinbeater's pic but maybe someone can still drive through the metal double doors to get in.

if this is all too much effort to go massacre people - great. But these massacres will just happen somewhere else. I'd be for multiple security guards at every school all paid by high taxes on hand gun purchases AND ban assault rifles and other WMDs. Keep guns for hunting, keep hand guns for personal protection with sensible restrictions on them.

And as always, fuck all you gun fetishizing little boys masquerading as grown men. You are the biggest dorks of the world. I really hate the status quo for middle aged white men.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post

Umm but Sandy Hook actually had EXACTLY THAT. Lansa used the high v .223s to cut through the locked buzzer controlled metal lock on security door at the front of the school.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012...ine/index.html
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If only there was something we could do...

Up to 18 dead. 19 if you include the piece of shit shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    it is junk like the claim that "violent crime has been on the decline since the late '80s " that has allowed the proliferation of assault and automatic firearms that has allowed these mass killings to become more common -

I have a friend and I know several people who have their permits - and believe they are safer for carrying a handgun .
    I believe the claims in other threads that access to handguns is Easy in many urban cities in usofa -

I don't consider the increase of homicide by Seventy-one percent (71%) in minneapolis in 2020 to be an "uptick" - and that nothing compared to the weekly gun violence in Chicago...

I don't have an answer regarding gun ownership - except to say the Second Amendment pertained to a historic militia and has nothing to do with enabling the creation of personal armories
    ( assault weapons are not tools for 'hunting' game ).

I believe the claim "violent crime has declined since the late 1980s" is misinformation that has allowed the creation of arsenals that lead to these mass killings.

we need to do better.

tj
    You're wrong.
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...me-in-the-u-s/

It's because of news stations focusing on it more.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Why exactly do the NRA and GOP resist registering firearms and requiring training and licensing users, you know exactly like we do with those other deadly machines called automobiles.
    Will it prevent every incident - nope just like it doesn’t prevent some people getting behind the wheel but i sure think it’d help.
    Would any of you self proclaimed responsible gun-owners really object to such a situation and if so why?
    The gun manufacturers wouldn't be able to feed the black market to Mexico if all guns had to be registered

Think of all the poor unemployed folks at the ammo and gun plants if gun registration became a law...why does everyone hate 'merika?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    How many additional law enforcement officers would be required to reach the level of security you're suggesting?

There are already 800-900K cops in the USA.

Probably have to come close to doubling that.
    Yeah, this idea just offends me. It doesn't address the root cause which is easy access to guns by maniacs. If they can't get into schools they'll just shoot up something else. THE solution must be gun control to address gun violence. How is that not obvious to everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post

Pray For Newtown
    Sun Kil Moon

I was a Junior in high school when I turned the TV on.
    James Huberty went to a restaurant, shot everyone up with a machine gun.
    It was from my hometown.
    We talked about it til the sun went down.
    Then everybody got up and stretched and yawned and then our lives went on.
    And I just left Safeway, when I walked through my doorway.
    When a guy took a bullet to an island and shot up a bunch of little kids up in Norway.
    Called a few of my friends round here, but no one much really cared.
    But I did, because I've got a lot of friends there.
    I just arrived in Seoul, by way of Beijing.
    I had an hour to myself in my hotel when I turned on the TV.
    It was quite a thriller, CNN was recording the bat man killer.
    His eyes were glazed like he was from Mars.
    Yesterday he was no one, today he was a star.
    I was down in New Orleans, at the model o.
    Enjoying some time all to myself when I turned the TV on.
    There were shootings in a Portland mall.
    It was everyday America and that's all.
    It was just another one walked down Royal Street, the rest of the world was out having fun.
    December fourteenth, another killing went down.
    I got a letter from a fan he said Mark say a prayer for Newtown.
    I ain't one to pray, but I'm one to sing and play for women and children and moms and dads and brothers and sisters and uncles and aunts.
    December twenty-fifth, and I was just laying down.
    I picked up a pen, I wrote a letter to the guy in Newtown.
    I said I'm sorry bout the killings, and the teachers who lost their lives.
    I felt it coming on, I felt it in my bones and I don't know why.
    So when Christmas comes and you're out running around.
    Take a moment to pause and think of the kids that died in Newtown.
    They went so young, who gave their lives.
    To make us stop and think and try to get it right.
    Were so young, a cloud so dark over them.
    And they left home, gave their mom and dad a kiss and a hug.
    So when your birthday comes and you're feeling pretty good, bake a cake for an orphan and stuff your mouth with food.
    Check it off for the children who lost their lives.
    Think of their families and how they mourn and cry.
    When you're gonna get married and you're out shopping around, take a moment to think about the families that lost so much in Newtown.

Songwriters: Mark Kozelek. For non-commercial use only.

Steve Kerr…wow:

https://youtu.be/vPvf5RgCU08

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah, this idea just offends me. It doesn't address the root cause which is easy access to guns by maniacs. If they can't get into schools they'll just shoot up something else. THE solution must be gun control to address gun violence. How is that not obvious to everyone?
    Another ~100K for movie theaters/clubs/bars. 300-400k for places of worship (at least that's mostly weekends)... and how many grocery stores need "protection" we are only a week or so from it happening there too.

Fuck you Leroy, and your more gunz incel gun fetishism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

This country is beyond fucked. We are entirely incapable of solving this.

Freedom comes with this as a side effect and it sure does suck.

what the fuck, so canada isn’t free? england? germany?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi