• Prison Time for gun owners who lose or have their gun stolen

30 19.23%
  • Background checks and a waiting period for 100% of transactions

119 76.28%
  • No semiautomatic anythings...

60 38.46%
  • Tax gun sales with additional fee to go to mental health

70 44.87%
  • Register ALL firearms and require insurance (car analogy)

101 64.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 150 of 295 FirstFirst ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 7374
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Coming to a school near you, sooner or later...

As a dad with 2 elementary school age kids, this hits hard.

KSAT San Antonio: 15 killed in shooting at Uvalde elementary school; gunman dead, Gov. Abbott says.
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...district-says/
    the OP ^^^

I hope your schools are safer this year, than they were last year -

peace. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Shooting at Safeway in bend?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    3 dead. Ugh. I know that area pretty well, was there 2 weeks ago.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The 20-year-old who opened fire in a Bend, Oregon, supermarket, killing two before he turned the gun on himself, was a loner who was passionate about mixed martial arts and was known for getting into fights at the high school where he graduated in 2020.

The shooter, identified Monday by police as Ethan Blair Miller, of Bend, “tried to fight quite literally everybody” at Mountain View High School, former classmate Isaac Thomas told The Associated Press. Thomas said the gunman once threatened to shoot him after a fight at their school.

https://apnews.com/article/oregon-po...%20Subscribers

Thoughts and prayers...I hope he was a patriot and obtained those guns legally

The shooter’s pic in the attached looks eerily familiar, but I cannot place the face.
    https://nypost.com/2022/08/30/oregon...ing-manifesto/

Kind of amazing that Hacksaw gets suspended from Facefuck for a pic of two toddlers with beer bottles, but this shooter’s online rantings don’t cause a ripple…

If only there was something we could do.. But, he probably bought the highly lethal guns designed to kill humans legally just like millions and millions of other potential ticking time bombs. Thoughts and prayers!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Cops Confident School Shooter Will Tucker Himself Out
    AINSWORTH, OH—Members of law enforcement responding to a violent situation unfolding at McKinsdale Elementary School reportedly made the decision to stand down Friday after becoming confident that a school shooter would tucker himself out. “We’re hearing reports that he’s running through classrooms gunning down students at full speed, so you know that within a few minutes he’ll be too worn out to continue, and then we’ll get him,” said the visibly relaxed Ainsworth police chief, Ryan Lindsay, adding that a teacher who had called 911 reported that the gunman was carrying an AR-15, which was a pretty heavy firearm, so it probably wouldn’t be long now before he needed to sit down for a spell. “We just have to let him burn off some energy and let that adrenaline wear off, and then he’ll be right where we want him. Plus, the school security guard told us he saw the shooter exit the building through a door that locked behind him, so to reenter and continue killing children he had to run all the way around the school to the front door , which probably took a lot out of the little guy. If everyone just remains calm, the assailant should be ready to rest his weary bones in no time.” The police chief added that the officers were encouraged by reports from those trapped in the school who said the shooter was headed for the kindergarten, which was a classroom with a lot of pillows that might tempt him to lie down and take a nap.

^^^Saw that hilarious! What's also funny is how these 2nd Ass paranoid white people keep arming themselves for the race war they are sure is coming.. but many of those guns are left in cars only to be easily stolen. Guess who they're also arming?

If only there was something we could do...

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Guess who they're also arming?
    Why don’t you tell us/what are you trying to say here?

... Guess who they're also arming?
    Racists?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Why don’t you tell us/what are you trying to say here?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Racists?
    Anybody and everybody who wants a gun quickly but doesn't have the credentials or money to buy one. Mostly the people they are afraid of and buying guns to protect themselves from.. thus giving themselves and everyone else even more illegal guns on the streets to be afraid of.

Anybody and everybody who wants a gun quickly but doesn't have the credentials or money to buy one. Mostly the people they are afraid of and buying guns to protect themselves from.. thus giving themselves and everyone else even more illegal guns on the streets to be afraid of.
    Is there really a crime wave of guns being stolen from cars in St Louis? What are we talking about in regards to numbers here?

Yes, that’s probably true. Vicious cycle…
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Is there really a crime wave of guns being stolen from cars in St Louis? What are we talking about in regards to numbers here?
    It's actually hard to tell because people with permits often do NOT report they've had their gun stolen from their car... because they're afraid of having their permit (and thus ability to buy handquns easily) taken away. so they just run out and buy another gun without telling the cops they lost their other handgun.

Go to your local Nextdoor app and scroll through all the posts about people having their cars rummaged through.. often saying they didn't take anything. Because it's guns they're looking for..

Here's some data but I bet it's actually way worse than this.. Every punk and felon in town who wants a gun can have in in less than an hour going car to car around here.. So they're all armed and the city's a war zone because of it..

Gun Thefts from Cars: The Largest Source of Stolen Guns

It's actually hard to tell because people with permits often do NOT report they've had their gun stolen from their car... because they're afraid of having their permit (and thus ability to buy handquns easily) taken away. so they just run out and buy another gun without telling the cops they lost their other handgun.

Go to your local Nextdoor app and scroll through all the posts about people having their cars rummaged through.. often saying they didn't take anything. Because it's guns they're looking for..

Here's some data but I bet it's actually way worse than this.. Every punk and felon in town who wants a gun can have in in less than an hour going car to car around here.. So they're all armed and the city's a war zone because of it..

Gun Thefts from Cars: The Largest Source of Stolen Guns
    So in the 271 cities in the database around 110 guns are stolen every day. That’s about .4 guns per each of the cities per day. Of course it’ll vary per city. This doesn’t sound that surprising even though storing guns in your car is irresponsible. Hardly sounds like a crisis of the magnitude you’re getting at. Even if you double the guns that’s like less than one a day. I’m all for cracking down on irresponsible gun owners and stricter gun laws but let’s not resort to hyperbole and hysteria.

Saint Louis doesn’t even make the top 20 in rate of gun theft from cars.

I dont know. Numbers wise it may not be huge, but the concept of a legally purchased gun moving into the hands of a criminal is key. All guns on the street started their journey somewhere legally. They are straw purchased, or stolen, or sold without a background check, or, or, or, etc.
    If we required registration, and if you lose your registered gun, And it gets used in a crime, you should do time as well. Negligence is not an excuse for losing a lethal weapon.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I dont know. Numbers wise it may not be huge, but the concept of a legally purchased gun moving into the hands of a criminal is key. All guns on the street started their journey somewhere legally. They are straw purchased, or stolen, or sold without a background check, or, or, or, etc.
    If we required registration, and if you lose your registered gun, And it gets used in a crime, you should do time as well. Negligence is not an excuse for losing a lethal weapon.
    Oh, I agree but I don’t think it’s a problem of the magnitude that makes Saint Louis a war zone.

Oh, I agree but I don’t think it’s a problem of the magnitude that makes Saint Louis a war zone.
    Where do you think the guns are coming from there? What DOES make St Louis a war zone?

Where do you think the guns are coming from there? What DOES make St Louis a war zone?
    I don’t think any US city is really like a war zone. Have you been in a war zone? Homicide rates are too high in some US cities but that doesn’t mean they’re anything like a war zone.

I already posted my position on firearms, hyperbole gets us nowhere with the 2A crazies

I would guess that Saint Louis has the highest murder rate because of poverty not because of gun thefts from cars(a real problem). The guns are from burglary, car theft, black market etc.

I don’t think any US city is really like a war zone. Have you been in a war zone? Homicide rates are too high in some US cities but that doesn’t mean they’re anything like a war zone.

I already posted my position on firearms, hyperbole gets us nowhere with the 2A crazies

I would guess that Saint Louis has the highest murder rate because of poverty not because of gun thefts from cars(a real problem). The guns are from burglary, car theft, black market etc.
    Thank you. skiJ

I believe the claim is Durham, NC is a "war zone" , But whatever --

^^^Did someone say 2nd A crazies??

More Americans die daily from gun violence here in these high crime cities than in any war zone. Probably true during the height of every gulf conflict as well. Not going to way the same about Ukranials though..

Nice, someone was shot less than 2 miles from here about an hour ago..

https://www.wral.com/man-in-hospital...ting/20447306/

We can split hairs about nomenclature and terminology, but I'll still call anyplace with such a high incidence of gunshot injuries and deaths on a weekly basis a war zone. I think we ended up with three this seek, within 5 miles of my house.. dead average..

Was Vegas not like a ar zone? Was the 4th of July parade not like a war zone? Was Ulvalde not like a war zone? Was Newtown not like a war zone? Was Columbine not like a war zone? Every damned week there is another one.. But ya I get it's not like a TRUE war zone because usually only one side is shooting.. More like a human targets shooting range..

And no, 2nd A crazies, the answer is NOT to just trying to better bulletproof schools and everyplace else while reducing exposed activities like high school sports, recess, and theater.music/arts, etc for kids instead of reducing the number of guns we have available out in society for mayhem..

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post

There are a lot of violent neighborhoods across the nation ; They are not war zones. unless you want to claim the country is a war zone. ( no, it's Not )

skiJ
    It's arguable that we've actually been in a cold Civil War since Obama was elected. Ask the Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, Boogaloos, etc if we're at war.

Peace, be well

SJ

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ings-1.6572464

10 dead & 15 in hospitol with no guns
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ings-1.6572464

10 dead & 15 in hospitol with no guns
    As senselessly tragic as it is, it isn’t comparable to the problem with firearms in the US, and it does not warrant an argument for self-defense by firearm (tho I’m sure that’s exactly how it’s being treated in the pro-2A world)