Long shot...help me ID a musical artist

A producer who released three albums, I believe, then returned to exclusively producing for others. Maybe early or mid 2000's. Sounds a bit like Achtung Baby era U2, also sounds a bit like Josh Clayton-Felt, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ak...5_iIfLNNkMbFJ8

Was recommended to me by GooglePlay Music back when that existed, but when it disappeared so did anything I could use to remember this guy's name...so maybe another GooglePlay person had him recommended?? Been trying to figure out who this guy is for months. I liked his albums, can't believe I've so blanked on his name.
    [quote][//quote]

Dr. Dre?

Do you have a song name, or lyric, or anything? I'm actually trying to be helpful FWIW, I listen to a lot of music riding the desk all day.

Daniel Lanois, perhaps?
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

T-Bone Burnett is a famous producer who has released a bunch of music, way more than 3 albums. And didn't start as a producer either, but still...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shazam will likely tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Phil Spector recorded 3 albums in the early '70s with The Teddy Bears and the Plastic Ono Band before returning to producing

Didn’t Dre just perform at the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 05-24-2022 at 05:00 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I’ll take “Who is Brian Eno?” for $800.

^was thinking the same but the dates don’t really check out

I thought that, but he recorded a lot more than 3 albums. Same can be said about Dre and the Grohl
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Yeah, thanks you guys, but it's not Eno, Burnett, Lanois...This guy is not as well known. Like I said, long shot attempt at this, but since Google Play Music disappeared I've been trying to remember who this guy was and just can't (and AFAIK all playlists, etc. were nuked back then). Have started the very tedious process of looking through the history google has on me as I assume I googled this guy a few years ago...Don't have a lyric, song title, album title, just a kind of feel in my head for what the music was like. If I ever figure it out I'll post it up. They were pretty good albums, IMO.
    [quote][//quote]

Have you tried using SoundHound? Google Play used to have the mic to listen feature that worked great (you could even hum a tune), but they've since kicked that feature over to the Google assistant where it doesn't seem to work as easily as it used to. Way more clunky, that's for sure.

So yeah. Give SoundHound a shot if you haven't already. I think you can hum or sing a tune to that one too, unlike Shazam.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app