Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Oh, one thing... Looks like you have a total of 11 diamonds by the time you're tying off that sidewall. 10 is the convention. 11 can work on some heads, but I haven't had much luck with it when I've pulled down the top 4 diamonds tightly.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Lacrosse 2022 (For the 3 of us that care)

Atlantic-10 conference to sponsor men’s lacrosse next year. UMass, St. Bonaventure, St. Joe’s, Richmond, Hobart and High Point.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...-in-2023/59722
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

So is the Utah team constantly on a plane to the northeast to play other D1 programs?

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Oh, one thing... Looks like you have a total of 11 diamonds by the time you're tying off that sidewall. 10 is the convention. 11 can work on some heads, but I haven't had much luck with it when I've pulled down the top 4 diamonds tightly.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Yep surgeon. It was cheap and the kid wanted something way different than his D handle

I'll have to check the count next time I see the kid, but the tutorial I followed (string king) shows -> up through the 10th and tie. I certainly could have done it wrong.

Son's HS team just won in a thriller tonight to go to the WA state championship. Was a super tense, back and forth game with Skyline (Sammamish, WA) winning 9-8 with the final goal with 30 seconds left. Final will be against the hated rival, Issaquah.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    So is the Utah team constantly on a plane to the northeast to play other D1 programs?
    Well they have some home games but only Air Force and Denver are even remotely close to SLC so yeah they must be.

The Lacrosse season is so ridiculous to accommodate the Memorial Day final. Utah at Vermont Februry 12. Okey dokie. Stupid. It's not a winter sport.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Atlantic-10 conference to sponsor men’s lacrosse next year. UMass, St. Bonaventure, St. Joe’s, Richmond, Hobart and High Point.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...-in-2023/59722
    Hobart- home of Genny Cream Ale. Saw my first and last Phish show there, very early on. Like Trey playing the Vacuum Cleaner early on.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Well they have some home games but only Air Force and Denver are even remotely close to SLC so yeah they must be.

The Lacrosse season is so ridiculous to accommodate the Memorial Day final. Utah at Vermont Februry 12. Okey dokie. Stupid. It's not a winter sport.
    Yeah, but kids are out and home from colleges all over already. How do you keep players around after this weekend??

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post

made me go look for my old one (1989) [only kept one]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6276.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	417465

Name:	IMG_6273.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	733.6 KB 
ID:	417466

Name:	IMG_6274.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	675.4 KB 
ID:	417467

Go BIG RED
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Yeah, but kids are out and home from colleges all over already. How do you keep players around after this weekend??
    Tell them they have a game next week?

The College Baseball World Series ends June 27 this year (and always right around then), it doesn't seem like a problem for them. The season starting and ending a month later would be way better.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Tell them they have a game next week?

The College Baseball World Series ends June 27 this year (and always right around then), it doesn't seem like a problem for them. The season starting and ending a month later would be way better.
    Nobody cares about college baseball.

Au contraire mon frere

The entire state of Arkansas is freaking the fuck out about CBB. I almost had to fight my brother when I met up with him last week to watch playoff hockey and not college baseball. I also made the same contention that you did about it. He disagreed. I'm guessing much of the south and flyover country is the same.

I'm not sure what your point is, but Lacrosse isn't exactly Football either. National championship game often only half-fills stadiums at best.

What all that has to do with moving the season later you'd have to explain to me.

Lighten up Frances.

Of course I realize baseball is bigger than lacrosse in the good ol USA.

Couldn't figure out your point is all. Now that I realize you didn't have one we good.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Hobart- home of Genny Cream Ale.
    Hobart is in Rochester now?

Hey Laxbros,
    I'm a baseball guy so I don't know anything about lax. In fact, I find it very confusing that you can shoot the ball, miss the goal, have it go out of bounds, and then get the ball back. This happens in no other sport.

But I have a question. My kid, who's a Jr, got invited to the Sr prom by a lax chick. Should I be concerned? What sort of women play lax?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The kind that ask your kid to prom?
    Remember they like chasing balls out of bounds…

Hmm. Perhaps I need to have a chat with him.

Just give your kid a whistle and have him blow it randomly and for no apparent reason every few seconds so the girl feels comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ...I'm a baseball guy so I don't know anything about lax. In fact, I find it very confusing that you can shoot the ball, miss the goal, have it go out of bounds, and then get the ball back. This happens in no other sport.
    In baseball if you knock it out of the field of play it scores at least one point, but in hockey that's a penalty. Go figure, eh?

Now that you mention it, hockey confuses me too.

The whistle is good advice. I believe she plays basketball as well, so she'd be well conditioned to the sound.

Foul ball gets you another pitch.

I never understood how baseball gets so much player participation from the youths. you’re basically just picking weeds in the outfield for years.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Foul ball gets you another pitch.

I never understood how baseball gets so much player participation from the youths. you’re basically just picking weeds in the outfield for years.
    I think lax is catching on more--especially in the northeast. Down south, baseball is much bigger. I dunno what goes on past the Mississippi. Our town is a pretty big lax town but our youth baseball program is still a whisker bigger --700 kids baseball vs 550-600? lax. I think softball has taken a big hit from girls lax though.

Yeah. The girls youth programs have exploded out here in Oregon as well. A bunch of Pac-12 schools/other conferences have added womens lax D1 programs in the last few years.

Yeah, most of the starters on our HS girls lax team are D1 commits. My nephews play lax and maybe only 1/3 of the HS boys team starters are going to D1 lax programs. I think that's incentivizing their parents and the girls to play lax.