Pinkbike alternative?

Anything else out there like Pinkbike for buying used bikes? Any other good mountain bike web sites/forum's?

Thanks, Mike

No used bikes recently but I still use Craigslist for used parts. On the good side you get to meet in person, inspect the parts/bike and hand over cash. I sold a couple 10 yr old MTBs start of 2021 and they both went fast, and for asking price. I would imagine there will be a lot of competition right now for good used MTBs so the normal CL issue of sellers who never reply will be pretty bad.

Haven't used them myself but I've heard good things about the Pro's Closet for buying used bikes. Fakebook marketplace is the only other thing I seem to hear people mention. Not on FB, so can't speak to it myself.

Literally the only thing I use FB for is bike/part sales and purchases. There are a few active groups for road, gravel, be and MTB. Don't mess with regular marketplace though--the groups are way better.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Also about 75% of my FB use as well. The other being for local trail groups, which ends up mostly being idiots asking whether it's too wet to ride after 3" of rain in the preceding 12 hours.

I use the FB buy/sell groups, but have had just as much luck with the local listings and changing distance I'm willing to drive for part.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Also about 75% of my FB use as well. The other being for local trail groups, which ends up mostly being idiots asking whether it's too wet to ride after 3" of rain in the preceding 12 hours.

I use the FB buy/sell groups, but have had just as much luck with the local listings and changing distance I'm willing to drive for part.
    Where are you guys looking on FB marketplace for decent bikes? Trying to find an entry level 24" MTB for my son on there and CL here around philly and all i see is Huffy level trash.

Caveat: from what I understand, FB MP doesn’t allow shipping on any items over $500, so that will limit your searches to your local pick-up area.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Where are you guys looking on FB marketplace for decent bikes? Trying to find an entry level 24" MTB for my son on there and CL here around philly and all i see is Huffy level trash.
    Searched 24" Mountain bike got 5 results out my way in chester county. Phoenixville, Exton, Chester Springs, Gilbertsville, West Chester

24" MTBs are pretty rare to begin with as well. Purple GT would be my call if I were in need, edit as realize your son may not be stoked on purple and to add that just saw a PA Mountain Bike Trade or Sale group there's a Giant 24" rigid MTB that would also be pretty decent. YMMV on whether you're looking for neighborhood use or singletrack rides.

you can search for marketplace groups as well. There are a lot of sport-specific groups that only allow for mountain bike/ski/etc listings that are geographically specific. Most will just ask questions to verify you're not a bot and don't care if you live in the region or not.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Add the Diamondback Sync'r 24 to your list... can find them for reasonable prices used. solid bike! I'll likely have one to unload this year, but I'm 3000 miles away.

Thanks all, I found that FB PA MTB for sale page.

Other one that's decent (though not many kids gear) is "South East PA United Cycling Classifieds" and sometimes "DelMarPa Mountain Bike Buy, Sell, and Swap Zone". Then if you're a member of those, running a FB marketplace search should return results from those as well.