Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Murder of rising cycling star

Anyone else following this? She grew up here in the NEK and was really starting to make a name for herself in the gravel circuit.

https://www.ktvu.com/sports/moriah-w...t-austin-texas
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Strickland is as guilty as Kaitlin Armstrong.
    He bough her a gun, after she had told friends she wanted to kill Mo Wilson.
    Continued to lead Mo along in thinking they were in relationship, meanwhile he was living with his girlfriend Armstrong.
    Constantly lied to Armstrong about where he was and who he was with, because he is perpetual womanizer.

The Police affidavit is a good read:
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...&sidebar=false
    His "PR" statement (aided by his legal council) contradicts his words to the police.
    Tons of comments on articles like:

-As someone thats known him, lived with him and been associated with him for nearly 8 years. This isn't surprising. Anyone in the Austin cycling scene will tell you his game, find the most unstable attractive girl he can find and play games with her till it explodes into drama, it's his dating cycle. It's ended in theft of property, restraining orders, all kinds of weird shit.
    At what point is a person responsible for pushing another to the point of insanity? Dis he pull the trigger? No... and she deserves everything she gets for that murder. but I will always consider him at fault for pulling Mo into his trash fire of a dating life.
    She deserves better than this.

- I personally know a female cyclist, definitely unstable and also attractive, who told me about a year ago of a similar relationship she had with him.

There are not too many people in the tight knit cycling community that are going to side with him....

Sad shit. Very talented. Podium last year at Leadville.

I had mentioned it in the Gravel thread a few days ago, but since then it has blown up in the media once everyone realized the love triangle/connection and the issuing of the arrest warrant.

Colin is still listed on the RedBull site as a sponsored athlete, we will see how long that holds true.

Apparently the cops interviewed Armstrong after they had the video of her car at the crime scene. Told her this doesn’t look good AND LET HER GO.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I had mentioned it in the Gravel thread a few days ago, but since then it has blown up in the media once everyone realized the love triangle/connection and the issuing of the arrest warrant.

Colin is still listed on the RedBull site as a sponsored athlete, we will see how long that holds true.
    Wow. This brutal tragedy makes much more sense now. Regular type people just don't wind up shot and killed in a house. Colin seems innocent but dang he's got to feel guilty about getting involved with Mo. I cant see his sponsors or the gravel community welcoming him with open arms but who knows. Also goes to show how easy access to guns can go sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Apparently the cops interviewed Armstrong after they had the video of her car at the crime scene. Told her this doesn’t look good AND LET HER GO.

I’m no cop, but maybe they needed the ballistics info to issue the warrant? It reads like they didn’t get that until a few days post Armstrong’s interview.

Im no lawyer but you'd think the cops would tail her at least?

She was brought in on an outstanding Class B warrant, and once they realized the Class B miasdemomer was taken care of, they had no grounds to hold her.
    It was not until a few days later that they had enough evidence to issue an arrest warrant for 1st degree murder.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Also goes to show how easy access to guns can go sideways.
    Like unlocking the safe, removing the trigger lock, loading ammunition into the gun, packing it into your purse, follow your boyfriend (who’s lied to you about where he’s going) who’s going on a date with his out of town girlfriend. Watch them swim at the pool, and then sharing a milkshake at the pool burger shack, follow them to her home, wait for your boyfriend to drive away, knock on the door, and confront the woman that you’ve told your friends that you want to kill, and shoot her because a “gun is easily accessible”.

Like unlocking the safe, removing the trigger lock, loading ammunition into the gun, packing it into your purse, follow your boyfriend (who’s lied to you about where he’s going) who’s going on a date with his out of town girlfriend. Watch them swim at the pool, and then sharing a milkshake at the pool burger shack, follow them to her home, wait for your boyfriend to drive away, knock on the door, and confront the woman that you’ve told your friends that you want to kill, and shoot her because a “gun is easily accessible”.
    Well, yeah, kinda. Without easy access to a gun, that's just the leadup to an epic fist/slap/catfight. Entertainment for everyone. Add easy guns, well not so much.

Not saying she wasn’t motivated but adding an easily accessible gun to to this mix obviously didn’t end well. I just can’t see this scenario ending up the same in other countries with less casual access to guns.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Well, yeah, kinda. Without easy access to a gun, that's just the leadup to an epic fist/slap/catfight. Entertainment for everyone. Add easy guns, well not so much.
    By "easy", what I mean is, if I don't own any guns, and I get really fucking mad at some bitch, I can get one while I still want to shoot her with it, at any legal retailer, before I cool off my murderous intent. With not much more effort than buying some wine.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    If only Mo was armed to defend herself. That would have definitely deescalated to a happy ending.

They’ll catch her. Where can she go? I’m pretty surprised she put the gun back, though.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    They’ll catch her. Where can she go? I’m pretty surprised she put the gun back, though.
    Im thinking she’ll turn herself in. Unless she made it to Mexico somehow.

Texas is a capitol punishment state… just saying.

Could Colin be an accessory to murder somehow? He bought the gun, and gave his girlfriend the motive to murder.

Is having a relationship with two different people now a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Could Colin be an accessory to murder somehow? He bought the gun, and gave his girlfriend the motive to murder.
    As dooshie a womanizer as that guy sounds like he is, unless there is a clear cut connection to him assisting in the murder; I would think that, no, him being charged with anything is not going to happen. That would set pretty major precedent for any two timing asshole to get thrown in jail whenever their actions push one of their "girlfriends" into doing something crazy. Whether it be murder or something less severe (e.g smashing up the other girls car with a baseball bat).
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    As dooshie a womanizer as that guy sounds like he is, unless there is a clear cut connection to him assisting in the murder; I would think that, no, him being charged with anything is not going to happen. That would set pretty major precedent for any two timing asshole to get thrown in jail whenever their actions push one of their "girlfriends" into doing something crazy. Whether it be murder or something less severe (e.g smashing up the other girls car with a baseball bat).
    The baseball bat car reference sounds really specific. You got a story to tell?

Odds are Armstrong's already dead. They'll find her somewhere in that vehicle with a self inflicted shot to the head..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Odds are Armstrong's already dead. They'll find her somewhere in that vehicle with a self inflicted shot to the head..
    She does not have that gun, it was at the residence when the police executed the search warrant.
    I also think they'll find her dead from suicide. One: because there is the death penalty in Texas, and two: the news stories are now listing her as a 34 year old Yoga Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    unless there is a clear cut connection to him assisting in the murder
    Buying a gun for a felon who then commits murder isn't a clear cut connection?