Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Yeah, I could see a suicide, staring down the barrel of life sentence or death penalty. And gotta be hard to be a fugitive these days. Our digital footprints are hard to escape. Unless she planned this well in advance with fake passport and a pile of cash. Doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Buying a gun for a felon who then commits murder isn't a clear cut connection?
    She was already a felon before the murder?

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    She was already a felon before the murder?
    I believe that's what one of those articles said. She was prohibited from buying a gun so he bought one for her.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I believe that's what one of those articles said. She was prohibited from buying a gun so he bought one for her.
    If that is the case he should certainly be looked at as complicit in the murder.

If that is the case he should certainly be looked at as complicit in the murder.
    Id say if Colin was aware of Catlin's threat to kill Mo, and bought the gun after, that could be considered accessory before the fact.

Holy shit. I had heard brief details about this but had no idea how fucked this is and that Colin Strickland was involved.

Was his ex not able to buy a gun and that's why he bought 2 hand guns? I didn't see that in the article. If that's the case, sounds like Colin is in some deep shit.

She was not able to purchase a gun, so he bought them.
    The police were able to take her to the station for questioning because of a outstanding Class B Warrant.
    Once at the station they found out that the warrant had expired (or been taken care of) they were obligated to let her leave.
    In Texas you can’t purchase a gun if you have been convicted of two or more alcohol or drug-related misdemeanor offenses within the last 10 years.
    - Class B misdemeanors in Texas are typically drug related or Alcohol related.
    - Any domestic violence misdemeanors is another preventive from purchasing a firearm.

I can't find that about her not being able to buy a gun in any of the articles but I did read it while following links around. Maybe in a social media post from somebody who knew them, in which case it may not be true. It will all come out eventually. Not disputed is the fact that he bought a gun for her, which he has yet to explain as far as I can tell.

Edit: looks like Dee Hubbs knows more than me about the situation

In the police affidavit Strickland told police sometime between Dec 2021 and Jan 2022 he purchased 2 firearms, one for himself and one for Armstrong. (Springfield Arms 9mm his, SIG P365 hers).
    In the article he also said he "has two different types of ammunition, which he describes as practice ammunition and kill ammunition" This is what he told the cops.....

I can find the article that states that Armstrong was unable to purchase a gun for herself, but I have read that in a published article.
    I've read almost every article, and fallen down some deep rabbit holes on discussion forums about it. But the info about Armstrong not being able to purchase was in a published article, not some reddit comment.

I definitely have a bias on how I fell I bout this situation. But I don't want to spread gossip, I'm only trying to post facts/info that have been released/published.
    I've gone down some deep rabbit holes on internet in all aspects of this topic, everything down to Capitol Punishment Laws in Texas.

I don't think there's evidence anywhere (right now) that CS knew his girlfriend wanted to kill Moriah.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    I don't think there's evidence anywhere (right now) that CS knew his girlfriend wanted to kill Moriah.
    "On May 14, 2022, an anonymous caller contacted the Austin Police Department to provide information regarding this incident. The caller refused to be identified but advised she was with Armstrong in January 2022.
    The caller advised Armstrong had just discovered Strickland was having a romantic relationship with Wilson even though Armstrong and Strickland were still dating. The caller advised Armstrong became furious and was shaking in anger. Armstrong told the caller Armstrong was so angry Armstrong wanted to kill Wilson.

I think that means Armstrong had that reaction/said the threat to the anonymous caller. Not Strickland (but I could be wrong about that).

\

I don't know the specifics involved beyond what has been linked here, nor do I know the individuals or the community involved, but the greasy, weird sh*t that takes place in top flight sport of all manner never ceases to amaze me. So many shady characters. A little early for digressions perhaps but ew, big time ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    I don't know the specifics involved beyond what has been linked here, nor do I know the individuals or the community involved, but the greasy, weird sh*t that takes place in top flight sport of all manner never ceases to amaze me. So many shady characters. A little early for digressions perhaps but ew, big time ew.
    WHAT ABOUT THE GRAVEL COMMUNITY, THEY ARE REELING?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Murder of rising cycling star

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    "On May 14, 2022, an anonymous caller contacted the Austin Police Department to provide information regarding this incident. The caller refused to be identified but advised she was with Armstrong in January 2022.
    The caller advised Armstrong had just discovered Strickland was having a romantic relationship with Wilson even though Armstrong and Strickland were still dating. The caller advised Armstrong became furious and was shaking in anger. Armstrong told the caller Armstrong was so angry Armstrong wanted to kill Wilson.
    I'd imagine his prior knowledge of the death threat would be difficult to prove. At the very least his cycling career is likely cancelled. And perhaps he may face civil charges from Mo's family.

Jesus dude, don't date crazy (I'm guilty of this tho) and certainly don't buy crazy a gun (not guilty of that lol)!
    Last edited by xyz; 05-23-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Is it possible that Wilson also has a crazy ex who hooked up with Armstrong, and they did it together? Just trying to conject if there's any way this could get more crazy..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Why man

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Is it possible that Wilson also has a crazy ex who hooked up with Armstrong, and they did it together? Just trying to conject if there's any way this could get more crazy..
    Ya, her crazy ex who was hooking up with Armstrong is STRICKLAND..... �� ( <- head explode emoji did not work)

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
    Ya, her crazy ex who was hooking up with Armstrong is STRICKLAND..... �� ( <- head explode emoji did not work)
    We already knew that though.. If there was another dude also banging both of them who Armstrong ran to after she found out about the pool party, that would be next level up..

A woman was murdered here, this isn’t games

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Seriously. This isn't Days of our Lives or some other crap. A tragic event occurred and there is no need to come up with hypotheticals about the murdered woman's life

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Seriously. This isn't Days of our Lives or some other crap. A tragic event occurred and there is no need to come up with hypotheticals about the murdered woman's life
    You're both right. Odd that nobody seemed to feel that way about the van life murdered girl thread... But we already have all the facts here or enough of them.

Read more, post less^^^

An update of sorts on the hunt for Kaitlin. They have some video footage of her at neighbors after she was at the cop shop. Scrambling to make calls etc.

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/us-m...n-austin-area/