Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Maybe his attorney urged him to just "act naturally" or some shit. If he goes totally silent it must mean he has something to hide....?

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt...layed-88798736

The Texas judge presiding over the trial of the woman accused of killing pro cyclist Anna Moriah Wilson says it will likely will be delayed from its scheduled October start because defense lawyers have filed a flurry of motions that require consideration
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Just noticed that the Dateline from this past Saturday is about this case. Gonna have to watch

https://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/t...ide/9000267424
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Armstrong's trial starts today. Base on the Dateline episode, her lawyer seems confident that she won't be convicted. Curious to see what BS arguments he comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Armstrong's trial starts today. Base on the Dateline episode, her lawyer seems confident that she won't be convicted. Curious to see what BS arguments he comes up with.
    Better than having a lawyer that's publicly claiming their client is totally fucked.

Man, these people are fucking crazy. I'm probably considered a little nutty by some of my constituents but I've never been kill a person crazy. How the F does one get there?

Anyways, that's all I got.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

There’s an article in this week’s New Yorker:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-cycling-world

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post

Greasy.

Thx for the share.

Yeah, reading that just made me feel dirty.

Oh boy. That is quite the story. Somewhat difficult to follow bouncing between first names and surnames.

The author certainly paints most all of the folks involved as either egotistical or career climbing nutballs, or both.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

That was a good read, thanks for posting. It definitely reinforces that Colin was being a womanizing scumbag and also makes the Austin riding scene sound extra douchey.

It smacks of the whole narcissistic hipster scumbag scene. “I’m not hurting anybody…” except his actions definitely contributed directly to the death of this young lady.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Tolley is one of my favorite subs on YouTube. His dry delivery is freaking hilarious.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post

Great article. I'd suspected I wouldn't like Tolley and Strickland based on their youtube personalities, but this confirmed they are absolutely the selfish, entitled, toxic ass holes I suspected they were. Honestly, sorta feel bad for Armstrong, even if she is a murderer. What a tragedy all around.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkbrnblm View Post
    Great article. I'd suspected I wouldn't like Tolley and Strickland based on their youtube personalities, but this confirmed they are absolutely the selfish, entitled, toxic ass holes I suspected they were. Honestly, sorta feel bad for Armstrong, even if she is a murderer. What a tragedy all around.
    It's almost like taking a thing that doesn't need marketing or hype or promotion - riding your bike on gravel roads- and adding marketing, hype and promotion brings out the self-centered narcissists and the narcissistic self-centered qualities in already self-centered narcissistic individuals.

I actually really enjoyed how the world champs of gravel was dominated by a bunch or roady/cx/mtb guys on road bikes.

Professional gravel racer does not need to be a thing. It's basically just insta-influencers #bikelife #blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Oh boy. That is quite the story. Somewhat difficult to follow bouncing between first names and surnames...
    I listened to the story, and felt like I was on a Tilt-a Whirl

There is an article about this in the newest Mountain Gazette too. Including quotes directly from Strickland. Its more interview-y and written as a memorial for Mo, rather than the New Yorker article which focuses more on the dark side of Strickland and the cycling community. I think the "true crimes podcast" style of drama has blown this whole thing up in a disgusting way and the New Yorker article really taps into that narrative.

This poor girl was on the cusp of cycling stardom and had the rest of her life stolen because some d-bag couldn't keep it in his pants and liked holding power over young women who needed his endorsements and connections to "make it." While he didn't pull the trigger, he sure is complicate. Fuck this whole thing. RIP Moriah.

It's probably lost in nuance, but my takeaway from the New Yorker article pretty closely matches what you wrote in your second paragraph.

The thing is, we all know or at least have met, individuals like Strickland (or the picture that is being painted of him anyway). And you know what else, in my experience anyway, these dudes get all the girls and there's a never ending list of girls who willingly fall for their manipulative bullsh*t. I hope to raise my daughters in such a manner as to not be susceptible to this crap, and to not seek out advancement via whom they date.

Greasy, narcissistic, career hungry degenerates in every nook of this story. Strickland at the front of the line, but the grease does not stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    girls who willingly fall for their manipulative bullsh*t.
    But like, isn't the whole meaning of "manipulative" that it was not exactly "willingly"? This guy hid his marriage from the world and completely misrepresented the nature of his relationship to anyone he was pursuing. Seems like you're putting the blame on Mo for engaging with him in the first place... Your statement about your daughters is worrisome. If they do end up with an abusive ass hole, that's not their fault or yours. That's the abusive ass hole's.

I knew all I needed to know about Strickland when he reduced his ability to win events like Kansas to superior genetics. He could have answered that question in any number of ways or qualified his statement but to leave it as is makes it clear the entitled douchebag he is.

RIP Mo

https://www.bicycling.com/racing/a27...in-strickland/

Quote Originally Posted by mrkbrnblm View Post
    But like, isn't the whole meaning of "manipulative" that it was not exactly "willingly"? This guy hid his marriage from the world and completely misrepresented the nature of his relationship to anyone he was pursuing. Seems like you're putting the blame on Mo for engaging with him in the first place... Your statement about your daughters is worrisome. If they do end up with an abusive ass hole, that's not their fault or yours. That's the abusive ass hole's.
    Nope. I don't know the parties involved but judging from what I have read, Strickland played his game for a long time. His schtick an open secret (from what I have read). And if that was indeed the case, then somewhere between the manipulator and the manipulated there is indeed a grey area.

The world does not always fit into neat categories of good guys and bad guys. Petri dishes like the world of gravel biking as it has been described breed this type of garbage.

There are perpetrators, there are victims, and there are a bunch of operators playing the self interest card in between.

Polarized thinking like you display does a massive disservice to public discourse.

somewhere between the manipulator and the manipulated there is indeed a grey area.
    Cool, cool... yeah... So Mo was in a moral grey area? Show some respect.

Polarized thinking like you display does a massive disservice to public discourse.
    Ok... yeah... and what does blaming the victim do?

Her family seems amazing. I think I could not show the Grace they have.