Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    But Texas….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    This doesn’t seem like the typical capital murder case. I think her chances of getting the death penalty for this are nil.
    Dee Hubs put it well earlier in this thread. They love putting people to death in Texas for Murder 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Unlocked the gun safe, removed the trigger lock, loaded the gun, put it in her purse, waited for her boyfriend to leave the house, followed him riding his motorcycle across town, watched him pick up his "ex-girlfriend", followed the couple to the pool, watched them in the pool for hours, watched them get dinner and share a milkshake at the pools burger shack, followed them back to her house, wait for him to pull away on his motorcycle, and then go confront her.
    You don't even need a lawyer as good as Elaine Charlson Bredehoft (< sarcasm font) to prove it was planned.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I think she could be extradited to potential death penalty if Canada determines she'd be getting a fair trial etc.
    Is that the current legal interpretation? I recall a couple of murderers being held back from extradition to Washington until the prosecutor agreed not to seek the death penalty, but apparently the Canadian supreme court decided that like 20 years ago. I've never heard of the question of a fair trial being the issue with US extradition (not that I would have), but it seems like Canada has regularly sought assurance of no capital punishment.

All our murderous gravel riders are gonna head up. Could be some others, too, but Armstrong probably has the endurance to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Is that the current legal interpretation? I recall a couple of murderers being held back from extradition to Washington until the prosecutor agreed not to seek the death penalty, but apparently the Canadian supreme court decided that like 20 years ago. I've never heard of the question of a fair trial being the issue with US extradition (not that I would have), but it seems like Canada has regularly sought assurance of no capital punishment.

All our murderous gravel riders are gonna head up. Could be some others, too, but Armstrong probably has the endurance to make it.
    From what I’ve read it’s not super clear and on a case by case basis. But given our current government and that’s she’s white, they might volunteer to execute her before extraditing.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Dee Hubs put it well earlier in this thread. They love putting people to death in Texas for Murder 1.
    Yeah but she's hot. Pretty white girls don't get the chair, just like, minorities and retarded guys.

Hey, I think she did it, too. But this is simple murder 1, not capital murder. Capital murder is a defined set of offenses, like multiple murder, killing a law officer, and so on. With no violent priors, she might not even get life.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Hey, I think she did it, too. But this is simple murder 1, not capital murder. Capital murder is a defined set of offenses, like multiple murder, killing a law officer, and so on. With no violent priors, she might not even get life.
    Overview of Texas First Degree Murder Laws

-Texas does not officially use the term "first degree murder".
    -Instead, the equivalent in Texas is known as "capital murder," which is murder for which a perpetrator can get a sentence of capital punishment. To convict a defendant of capital murder, prosecutors must be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that:

• The defendant intentionally and knowingly caused the death of another person;
    • The defendant intended to cause serious bodily injury and committed an act that was clearly dangerous to human life and this act caused the death of an individual; or
    • The defendant committed or attempted to commit a felony (other than manslaughter) and in performing that felony, committed an act that was clearly dangerous to human life and this act caused the death of an individual.

In addition to the above criteria, in order for the charge to be capital murder, as opposed to just "murder' in Texas, one of the following must apply:
    • The victim is a peace officer or fireman who was acting under lawful duty at the time of the crime;
    • The defendant intentionally commits the murder in the course of committing or attempting to commit kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, obstruction or retaliation, or terroristic threat;
    • The defendant is paid to commit murder or pays someone else to commit murder;
    • The defendant commits the crime while trying to escape from a penal institution;
    • The defendant murders another person while in jail
    • The defendant murders more than one person
    • The defendant murders a child younger than six years of age
    • The defendant murders someone in retaliation for or on account of the service of a member of the judiciary

She also stole Mo's S-Works Diverge from the residence, which retails for over $12,000.
    Jackie Chiles has identified robbery on the second list. CAPITOL Murder!

OK, so how many capital murder convictions were there in Texas last year? According to my search, 3. And it’s been in the less than 10 range for dozens of years, if I recall correctly.

How does this compare to the number of ordinary murder convictions? Well, I have no idea either, but it’s got to be in the hundreds, if not thousands each year.

So, capital murder is reserved for special, hideous crimes, not just jealous love triangle killings, which happen all the time.

Murder of rising cycling star

The pandemic has skewed the last few years of results because of minimal court proceedings, and no jury being able to be called.

From 2017-2021, Texas set 80 execution dates.
    The last 20 years they average 10+ death sentences per year in Texas.

yeah. they catch her, they gonna kill her…

fact.

I think she's gone. Left the country. She has money, a head start and likely some help.

Not sure how she'll access her assets to live going forward as its likely monitored but facing a life sentence, she's obviously pretty motivated to figure it out.

RIP Mo.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    She will probably ruin some foreigner's life by killing his "ex girlfriend" as well. Vibes.

Nobody thinks she committed suicide?

I'm betting:
    -She hasn't committed suicide
    -She'll get caught
    -Prosecution won't seek the death penalty

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    To narcissistic to commit suicide.

This article doesn't mention Livingston Manor, just up the road from where I grew up.. where they thought she was spotted at a campsite.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kaitli...lam?ref=scroll
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Has already? Guessing no. Will? Quite possibly.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I read they have record of selling her Jeep couple days after murder. Likely for some quick cash. She’s on the run, no plans for suicide.

yet.

It really took them this long to see she cashed a 12k check from Carmax?

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    It really took them this long to see she cashed a 12k check from Carmax?

The authorities had to have known that. Perhaps it's information that was just made public. Unless there was some sort of skullduggery on the part of side of the folks who purchased the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    The authorities had to have known that. Perhaps it's information that was just made public. Unless there was some sort of skullduggery on the part of side of the folks who purchased the vehicle.
    Or they just didn't realize who she was, the paperwork is sent to the county clerk or whatever, get's processed, and then the detectives find out a few weeks later.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-cyc...hes-sixth-week

Texas cyclist murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong 'is still alive,' marshals say; Manhunt reaches sixth week

The spokesperson revealed Armstrong sold her black Jeep Grand Cherokee to an Austin, Texas CarMax for $12,200 one day before she left the state, and added Armstrong has been charged federally with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.

Carmax is selling 2012 jeeps for 30k?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-cyc...hes-sixth-week

Texas cyclist murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong 'is still alive,' marshals say; Manhunt reaches sixth week

The spokesperson revealed Armstrong sold her black Jeep Grand Cherokee to an Austin, Texas CarMax for $12,200 one day before she left the state, and added Armstrong has been charged federally with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.
    Tommy Lee Jones would have caught her by now.