Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Murder of rising cycling star

Did Colin interact with Katlin after the murder, before she fled? She came back to drop the gun off. She didn’t flee for a couple days after the murder. What went down with her and Colin during that time?

As it turns out, Kaitlin was previously charged with larceny after not paying for a botox procedure in 2018.

"A probable cause affidavit states that on March 6, 2018, Armstrong received a $650 Botox procedure at a Travis County spa. After the procedure was completed, she presented her MasterCard at the spa but said she had another card in her vehicle that she would rather use.

The now-34-year-old apparently left her MasterCard on the counter, walked out of the spa and did not return to pay, according to the affidavit... "

Article I just read on fux news but I'm not gonna link it. 30 years old and getting botox. Red flag if there ever was one.

In the same article, it mentioned that Kaitlin was involved in flipping houses which probably provided the funds to enable her to go into hiding. Given the crazy real estate market in Austin, it certainly seems plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    In the same article, it mentioned that Kaitlin was involved in flipping houses which probably provided the funds to enable her to go into hiding. Given the crazy real estate market in Austin, it certainly seems plausible.
    I just read one of her buddies say she could have retired at 34. as she is a property investor etc. That makes sense but doesn't line up with skipping out on a botox bill.

Feds obviously still haven't tracked her down yet. I would think the longer she's on the run, the better her chances. But with high profile cases they might throw more resources at it to save some face.

There must be some nice data on fugitive time vs capture rates out there.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post

There must be some nice data on fugitive time vs capture rates out there.
    My impression, solely from watching a lot of shows like “The First 48”, is that the US Marshals are pretty good at what they do. A cursory google didn’t turn up the statistics you wanted, but their fugitive apprehension rate is listed as 337 per day, which works out to over 100K per year.

Of course the criminals they usually deal with don’t often have a lot money, and often have to rely on friends and family to help them hide which makes it easier for the feds to apply pressure and smoke them out.

Having cash changes the equation. Obviously, you can’t keep using a credit card while you are on the run or you’d get tracked down quickly. But if you have cash you can do things like pay a homeless person to rent a room for you using his ID. Which is what that jailbreak couple did a few weeks ago. They lasted what, a couple weeks on the run?

If she gets past a couple weeks, then I think she could last a few months, but would probably get caught within a year. But, she could also pull a DB Cooper, who knows?

Pretty damn hard these days to not leave a digital footprint of where you are constantly. Assuming she has cash on hand to get by, she'll blend in in NYC for a while but it's only a matter of time before she's caught on camera, uses a credit card, signs into a computer, etc.

I always wonder if it's really possible to pull a Walter White and pay $10k or $20k to get a whole new identity, passport, driver's license, etc. That's the move right there.

Colin’s in hiding. Can’t say I blame the guy. Katlin’s got nothing to lose by killing him. But she likely would have that night if she wanted to.

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/...-for-his-life/
    LOL, they won't use his last name, then say exactly where they knew each other from....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Just catching up on this story after following it closely for the first couple days.

How in the world did Armstrong manage to get on a plane to New York after being arrested for the class B felony while under investigation for a murder? I understand the incorrect DOB leading to being released but shouldn't they have tailed her or something like that? Did they really believe that she wasn't a flight risk? If she does have buckets of cash it might be a loooong time till they find her if she's smart.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    but shouldn't they have tailed her or something like that?
    I'm going with "Because that's only how it works on TV."

Right? Much like health records, I’m surprised how unconnected groups/ businesses/ agencies are. You’d think there would be some asterisk next to her name when trying to buy a flight but I guess not
    skid luxury

Murder of rising cycling star

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Pretty damn hard these days to not leave a digital footprint of where you are constantly. Assuming she has cash on hand to get by, she'll blend in in NYC for a while but it's only a matter of time before she's caught on camera, uses a credit card, signs into a computer, etc.

I always wonder if it's really possible to pull a Walter White and pay $10k or $20k to get a whole new identity, passport, driver's license, etc. That's the move right there.
    In the absence of a Walter White option, I think she needs to establish a new identify starting with the easiest option, like a cell phone contract? Use that to build it out further. Cut your and die your hair. Wear a mask everywhere. Lay super low in a highly populous area.
    Last edited by xyz; 05-31-2022 at 08:56 PM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I know someone who was found in NYC in a day and they weren't a murder suspect. Pretty damn easy if any agency cooperation is happening. She must have landed in NYC and immediately gotten in a car and headed north. My guess is she is somewhere in upstate NY or VT or ME and some other gravel asshat has her hiding in their weekend cabin or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I know someone who was found in NYC in a day and they weren't a murder suspect. Pretty damn easy if any agency cooperation is happening. She must have landed in NYC and immediately gotten in a car and headed north. My guess is she is somewhere in upstate NY or VT or ME and some other gravel asshat has her hiding in their weekend cabin or something.
    If she’s got some help, that’ll help. But who wants to be that guy.

My guess is she is somewhere in upstate NY or VT or ME and some other gravel asshat has her hiding in their weekend cabin or something.
    She's a rotten fish and nobody else in that scene will touch her, she wasn't a racer anyhow, only a 'participant', as Colin called her. Anybody who's anybody in gravel is in Emporia right now, it's their superbowl. Well except for Colin. He's for sure a slack-jawed asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    She's a rotten fish and nobody else in that scene will touch her, she wasn't a racer anyhow, only a 'participant', as Colin called her. Anybody who's anybody in gravel is in Emporia right now, it's their superbowl. Well except for Colin. He's for sure a slack-jawed asshat.
    Good point.

As much as I enjoy the anti-hero idea of Walter White/Saul Goodman on the run this evil bitch murdered someone in cold blood and I hope she gets found asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    So it's a non-gravel asshat who is helping her hide.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm gonna guess that Armstrong also had a dude on the side and he is some guy from the northeast that is helping her hide.

I am with Jax, I hope she is in jail soon along with anyone helping her

https://billmichelmore.com/fugitive-...rong-vanishes/

This just in! Her and Colin are in it together and they’ve reunited somewhere. It all makes sense now.

This just in! Her and Colin are in it together and they’ve reunited somewhere. It all makes sense now.
    Rock solid journalism right there

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Rock solid journalism right there
    Seriously: what a waste of electrons.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

You owe me the minute it took to read that

What a tragic waste. RIP Mo.