Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    gigaloing?

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    How did a semi-pro gravel cyclist who previously "worked in conservation" have $450k to give to his girlfriend to put in an investment account?

That's above average net worth for a 35 year old and I assume fixed gear and gravel racers aren't exactly rolling in sponsors who want to give them straight cash.
    Pretty sure the Venn diagram of trust funders and bicycle racers has a lot of overlap, esp in a kind of masturbatory category as gravel racing. Not that I know fuck all, but it would explain that kinda funds. Or, selling coke or something.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Pretty sure the Venn diagram of trust funders and bicycle racers has a lot of overlap, esp in a kind of masturbatory category as gravel racing. Not that I know fuck all, but it would explain that kinda funds. Or, selling coke or something.
    I kinda thought the same thing except for the gravel racing being masurbatory part. Not my bag but whatever.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Colin also restores trucks and campers professionally, and I imagine Red Bull pays their athletes well. 450k is still a lot.

Well, someone said he was asking for it back so there's that..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Did he say he worked in conservation? I heard him say he worked in environmental consulting, which is usually different, especially in Texas. It can often be the opposite of conservation

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Did he say he worked in conservation? I heard him say he worked in environmental consulting, which is usually different, especially in Texas. It can often be the opposite of conservation
    IME they’re very different fields that never overlap.

Few buddies in environment consulting usually do air permits for chicken factories and the like. While both friends are quite liberal the business is quite far from conservation. Then again conservation is also pretty prevalent among the hunting and fishing community who are often pretty far from lefties. Also surprised by the $450k a gravel racer has to throw around. Hard to imagine a gravel racer having that kind of cash, even Redbull sponsored.

She almost definitely did it and the plastic surgery is just painting her even guilty-er in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    She was flipping houses in the hot Austin market and making healthy profits. He wanted to get in on that, I’m guessing. Yeah, dumb decision to trust her, but looks like he’s made several other questionable decisions in his life.
    I think you are giving her way too much credit. She had a RE license, but, from everything I've read, it's not like she was a high roller in Austin. She bailed on her botox bill because her credit card got denied. Her whole persona is a farce. She was not successful.

Her and Colin started their classic RV restoration service together, and from the looks of it, they maybe did 1 or 2 restos, that's it. That business is kaput, never really got going.

She shot Mo in the head, not once, but twice. And then shot her again as she lay on the floor. Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I think you are giving her way too much credit. She had a RE license, but, from everything I've read, it's not like she was a high roller in Austin. She bailed on her botox bill because her credit card got denied. Her whole persona is a farce. She was not successful.

Her and Colin started their classic RV restoration service together, and from the looks of it, they maybe did 1 or 2 restos, that's it. That business is kaput, never really got going.

She shot Mo in the head, not once, but twice. And then shot her again as she lay on the floor. Evil.
    Yeah, definitely evil. Concerning the house flipping, just going by what some people have said. Of course, I have no proof to back that up.

That house she was living in didn’t look like the home of a millionaire, though.

There’s also the possibility that if the 450K was, in fact Colin’s, that she tried to set him up to take the fall, so she could take the money. And that would explain why she returned the gun to the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    that’s what some news articles said, but it’s not like I saw his LinkedIn page with a full accounting of activities he did outside cycling (and yeah, they easily could have mixed up the wording like how a ton of “environmental lawyers” are really oil lawyers)

Or maybe he bought a bunch of crypto and lucked out on his exit date. He’s definitely prime crypto demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Also surprised by the $450k a gravel racer has to throw around. Hard to imagine a gravel racer having that kind of cash, even Redbull sponsored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Having 450k is one thing, but having 450k to transfer to a part time girlfriend is another. Says to me he has some serious disposable cash. My impression of being a pro. non top 10 TDF type rider was mostly just gear and travel expenses. I've been exposed to the lifestyle of a pro rider, world champ etc and his vehicle was like a 20 year old mini van worth about $500 and would be essentially broke the day he stops riding. So Colin must be into something on the side to have 450k to throw around.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Yeah, definitely evil. Concerning the house flipping, just going by what some people have said. Of course, I have no proof to back that up.

That house she was living in didn’t look like the home of a millionaire, though.
    Here is an article that mentions Kaitlin “had a history of flipping houses” according to authorities.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/kait...on-manhunt.amp

Also, the Botox thing happened several years ago, before the recent spike in housing prices in Austin. Is it conceivable that she could have been cash poor back then, and much better off financially now?

Or maybe the cash was all Colin’s, who knows. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how this soap opera plays out.

Some details of her defence here.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/dail...to-arrest-her/

Should be interesting. Build a case towards Colin somehow. Put doubts on the cops. Excuse her fleeing to CR. All that add up to beyond a reasonable doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Some details of her defence here.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/dail...to-arrest-her/

Should be interesting. Build a case towards Colin somehow. Put doubts on the cops. Excuse her fleeing to CR. All that add up to beyond a reasonable doubt?
    The bit at the end about the expat surfer trying to get $5k for an interview was kind of amusing.

Man I was just wondering whatever happened to Strickland and stumbled across this thread. Maggots deliver as always.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The bit at the end about the expat surfer trying to get $5k for an interview was kind of amusing.
    Totally amusing. Gold.

She's definitely going to for the pretty white girl victim card. Just like Jax said, she shot that poor girl in cold blood. Fuck her and her bullshit defense.

Colin started postin a couple things on Instagram...why idk. Seems fucking stupid if you ask me.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Colin started postin a couple things on Instagram...why idk. Seems fucking stupid if you ask me.
    His account is private and he "used to ride bikes".......so what is he posting?

at least his account followed by 40,000 people is private lmao

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Narcissists just can't help themselves. He needs to watch https://youtu.be/hL8TVgCkuxU
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Yeah, its interesting timing. makes little sense. Id be laying low until the trial is concluded. Katlin's lawyers will use anything as ammunition.

He only posted an empty garage and a beat up old cummins with a beat up old trailer in the woods somewhere. Oh and his dirty hands…LOL