T-Ride Bluegrass Newbie question

My wife got us tickets for Telluride Bluegrass for Sunday the 19th. We're going primarily to see the Turnpike Troubadours, I like bluegrass but not enough to drive all the way to T-Ride and sit in the hot sun with bluegrass festival people all weekend. I'm mostly wondering how essential it is to do the tarp-run/sleepout thing? There's only 2 of us and we're traveling light and don't really care where we sit or stand and really don't want to spend one of our 2 kid-free nights sleeping out to get a spot? what are our odds of finding an empty tarp when we want it? Is all the real-estate spoken for as soon as the gates open in the morning?
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    My wife got us tickets for Telluride Bluegrass for Sunday the 19th. We're going primarily to see the Turnpike Troubadours, I like bluegrass but not enough to drive all the way to T-Ride and sit in the hot sun with bluegrass festival people all weekend. I'm mostly wondering how essential it is to do the tarp-run/sleepout thing? There's only 2 of us and we're traveling light and don't really care where we sit or stand and really don't want to spend one of our 2 kid-free nights sleeping out to get a spot? what are our odds of finding an empty tarp when we want it? Is all the real-estate spoken for as soon as the gates open in the morning?
    They don't do that anymore. It's a lottery. Just head in when you want and walk around. It's not crammed at all and you can pick your way up front most anytime.

Line Policy - Town Side (General Admission)

You must be physically present in line at all times - no empty chairs!
    Numbers will be handed out each morning prior to the gates opening.
    Even after receiving your number, you must stay in line - reasonable bathroom/coffee breaks aside.
    Per Town ordinance, you may not camp in line - this means no tents, no cooking, and no sleeping.
    One number, one person, one tarp.
    Festivarians with numbers will be admitted into the Festival in order, one at a time, after going through the standard Customs procedure.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Thanks, that's always been my experience at music festivals but everything we had read made it sound like sleeping out was the only way to get a spot.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

You'll find the vibe very very chill. Everyone is old and stoned. I like to hang out by the SBD.

Definitely get in position after your set for the House Band. It's always a highlight of the festival, no matter what year or what type of music you like.

Wife and I will be there Sunday too, we are also first-timers. I can't wait! Bought tickets before the Sunday lineup was announced and I'm stoked it turned out to be TT.

Sleeping out or whatever was the way to get a spot close up, but there's plenty of space if you don't care how close you are.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sleeping out or whatever was the way to get a spot close up, but there's plenty of space if you don't care how close you are.
    It turned into a homeless wook camp, that's why they changed their policy.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Everyone is old and stoned.
    That was the image that popped into my head when I saw the term "festivarian."

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Blankets and tarps get picked up prior to the last two sets and it all becomes a big standing/dancing area and is easy to make your way up close.

During the day I've always had good luck snagging someone's tarp while they were away.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk