Streaming Services

Its getting bad again... starting to see bundles of streaming services together, which is why I personally stopped paying for cable TV.

Back in the gol-ol days there used to be some invite only sites for stuff, but all the ones I was a part of are gone. Anyone got any beta on up to date stuff?
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Don't worry. Soon basic living expenses will be so high that streaming services will be the least of our worries.

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Its getting bad again... starting to see bundles of streaming services together, which is why I personally stopped paying for cable TV.

Back in the gol-ol days there used to be some invite only sites for stuff, but all the ones I was a part of are gone. Anyone got any beta on up to date stuff?
    Beta on up to date stuff- like what? There are about 6 or 7 major streaming services. You Tube TV, Hulu Plus, Direct TV or AT&T's streaming offering what ever they are calling it this month (it changes all the time), Sling (which is owned by Dish TV), Fubo TV, and then Philo TV. Then there is Peacock (NBC and Universal channels), Paramount Plus (CBS and VIacom channels), Disney Plus- ABC parent company basically with a number of the Disney programming offerings, then Amazon, Netflix, Tubi and all the various channels like HBO, Showtime, ESPN, Fox Sports, and others that have monthly subscriptions for the single stream or maybe a channel and a few subchannels.

You can come up with your list of "must have" channels and then go to Suppose.tv web site and select those and it will report the offering(s) that would cover the most of what is on that list for the cheapest monthly fee. Amazon, Roku, and others like Apple TV devices have some of their own free content. Samsung and the smart TV manufacturers also are doing some apps and even a few with their own mostly free content.

The reason the sites you maybe speaking about are gone is because they basically were not legitimate in that they were not paying royalties maybe and were the "underground" or pirated TV streaming content and got sued or letters or court orders to shut down their pirated feeds.

Yo ho ho

Check reddit.com/r/piracy which has a wiki/sticky post with links to various bootleg streaming sites. Quality might not be great and stuff will randomly become unavailable, but they are out there.

Torrents/usenet are still alive as well but seem to have become a lot less mainstream as people have moved to either just paying for streaming or using bootleg streaming sites since they are much easier to use than setting up usenet or taking the risk of getting a naughty-boy letter from your ISP by torrenting.

edit: like I bet these things don't stick around long, but take a look at https://teatv.xyz/ or https://fmovies.to/tv-series

Streaming Services

The ecosytem thru kodi still works and is actual better than a few years ago. Pretty easy to set up w a firestick but you will need to google instructions for installation

Setting up a media center w plex is pretty good as well. Then you can download torrent files of what ever you want. The speeds these days makes that a lot less hassle than it used to be and once they are playing thru plex,you don’t have to worry about a stream getting cut off and ruining your chill

There are still tons of torrent sites. Even Pirate Bay is still out there! Yo ho go!!!
    Last edited by mcski; 05-21-2022 at 08:01 PM.

I run a Plex server and have it set up to download from usenet servers. I'm happy to share my server with friends, which includes all of you, just PM me. Feel free to request certain shows/movies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    I run a Plex server and have it set up to download from usenet servers. I'm happy to share my server with friends, which includes all of you, just PM me. Feel free to request certain shows/movies as well.
    Do you have “Giant Asses 19: Escape to Thicc Island” ?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Negative, but I have Womb Raider 1 through 5, Pulp Friction, Twin Cheeks, and Spankenstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post

I assume that I can just start at episode 19, considering how detailed the plot is right?
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

I assume that I can just start at episode 19, considering how detailed the plot is right?
    It's hard to stay caught up when you're only watching 3 minutes at a time.

These days the easiest are "emby/plex shares". Huge libraries with lots of 4K content. They have everything that comes out on netflix and all the other streaming services. Personally I don't watch much TV. When I do, I torrent the highest quality out there. rarbg.to has good content