Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    We went there years ago and the place was jammed inside, so we sat outside by ourselves at one of the several picnic tables. We couldn't figure out why everyone was inside when it was so beautiful outside.

And then the mosquitoes came. Holy shit. We ate our food basically running away from the bugs while everyone else ate theirs watching the two idiots outside running around with plates of food and getting drained of blood.

Since it's been mentioned: I'll be in Old Orchard Beach in July for a family thing. Anything in that area that absolutely cannot be missed? Bonus points for toddler friendly attractions.

“Pirates Cove” mini golf was fun back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Just clicked the link. I can practically smell the lobster.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I dig the new Luke’s Lobster on Portland Pier, roll prices are high again this year. Expect $30 and you’ll be in the ballpark

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Luke's the chain? Surprised to hear a Mainiac mention it but I agree their rolls are good albeit expensive. I like Becky's if a trip to the peninsula is on the list.

Good lord, $30 for a lobster roll. The young lady and her friends won't have enough gas money left to get back to Wellesley.

Lobster prices are way high between diesel bait and scarcity this time of year

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Luke's the chain? Surprised to hear a Mainiac mention it but I agree their rolls are good albeit expensive. I like Becky's if a trip to the peninsula is on the list.
    My first choice is always a roadside attraction joint but for a place in town to get lobster Luke's is great, new building at the end of Portland Pier right on the harbor. It's my pick for in town.

Luke's business has been a good partner to the lobster supply chain in the state of Maine for a long time, never heard a bad word about them. Third generation lobsterman.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Lobster prices are way high between diesel bait and scarcity this time of year
    yessah bub, paid $26 on Mother's Day at Robinson's Wharf in Southport and that was a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    My first choice is always a roadside attraction joint but for a place in town to get lobster Luke's is great, new building at the end of Portland Pier right on the harbor. It's my pick for in town.

Luke's business has been a good partner to the lobster supply chain in the state of Maine for a long time, never heard a bad word about them. Third generation lobsterman.
    Nice. I've eaten at a couple and they've always been good.

We may need to come up with some other local (and cheaper) food ideas for the young lady and her friends. Does she like fiddleheads?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Since it's been mentioned: I'll be in Old Orchard Beach in July for a family thing. Anything in that area that absolutely cannot be missed? Bonus points for toddler friendly guy attractions.
    The ferry ride to peaks is a relatively cheap way to see the harbor and cool off. Either stay on the boat or get off and wander. Ask for an island map when you get tickets. Allow lots of time to find parking. Drop child and one parent off at the terminal.

Smiling Hill Animal farm is geared to the very young and they serve ice cream.

Ferry Beach in prouts Neck is the warmest water nearby and sheltered. Go a bit right from parking lot (Note there is a ferry beach at the end of old orchard, you have to drive around to the other side to Prouts Neck. If you have a carrier for the child leave the car in the parking lot and go for a walk around Prouts Neck. This is about a two mile walk along the coast that starts and ends at the beach.

Portland has a good childrens museum, but your call on if too mature for your child

The mail boat run is cool to see more of Casco Bay too. Bring snacks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The ferry ride to peaks is a relatively cheap way to see the harbor and cool off. Either stay on the boat or get off and wander. Ask for an island map when you get tickets. Allow lots of time to find parking. Drop child and one parent off at the terminal.

Ferry Beach in prouts Neck is the warmest water nearby and sheltered. Go a bit right from parking lot (Note there is a ferry beach at the end of old orchard, you have to drive around to the other side to Prouts Neck. If you have a carrier for the child leave the car in the parking lot and go for a walk around Prouts Neck. This is about a two mile walk along the coast that starts and ends at the beach.

Portland has a good childrens museum, but your call on if too mature for your child
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    The mail boat run is cool to see more of Casco Bay too. Bring snacks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Awesome, thanks for the tips! Those should come in handy. There'll be a posse of various aged cousins at this little get together, so that all sounds great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1653010716.570069.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	674.7 KB 
ID:	416899
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

They just moved the children's museum to Thompson's point (I think), but it was great for toddlers when we were there. Also picnic on the eastern prom is solid, lots of open grass if it's not too sunny. If you want to do something in portland, Portland head light on cape elizabeth is also there with an old fort you climb around on and lots of walkable field/paths.

Children museum in fact moved to T Pt, brand new building.

Toast if you end up with a Portland day this is an all ages thing worth considering. https://mainenarrowgauge.org

There’s also food trucks on the eastern prom daily, I can swing by while walking the dog and ask for change too.

EDIT: hot off the press guide to Outdoor Dining in the area, Flatbread Pizza Co is a great family spot

https://www.portlandoldport.com/dini...ttbY#gs.0rcasz

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 05-20-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Same flatbread pizza as in creekside in Whistler and on the north shore of Maui near Jaws. Agreed it’s a great family spot.

Plus it’s right beside the ferry terminal. I forget if they take reservations, I have always shown up and put my name down. There can be a good wait if you go at prime dinner hours