Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I told you so. ?

This is the 3rd time I can recall this happening in modern times
    It's the third time it's happened in ten years...
    If intentionally caused by a pilot, the China Eastern crash would be the third major disaster in less than a decade to be attributed to pilot suicide, according to the Aviation Safety Network. That includes the Germanwings flight in 2015 that was flown into a French mountain by its co-pilot, killing himself and 149 passengers and crew.

The co-pilot, Andreas Lubitz, had been diagnosed with psychotic depression and was recommended for psychiatric hospital treatment weeks before the doomed flight. In the wake of the disaster, U.S. regulators increased training for the doctors who screen airline pilots so they can better spot mental health issues.

In the deadliest incident, an EgyptAir flight from the US to Cairo plunged into the Atlantic Ocean, killing all 217 passengers and crew. In that case, a relief co-pilot was alone in the cockpit when he disconnected the autopilot, moved the throttles to idle and pointed the nose of the airplane down, the National Transportation Safety Board said in a final report. Those findings were disputed by the Egyptian Civil Aviation Authority.

Benny got deleted? Wheres the tread about that drama. I missed a whole news cycle while I was on the treadmill w a plane

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Benny got deleted? Wheres the tread about that drama. I missed a whole news cycle while I was on the treadmill w a plane
    Benny was given a week timeout for some things he said in the Ukraine thread. When the week was over he started deleting posts including some that were thread starters. The mods restored some of the threads involved but changed his permissions so that he can no longer delete threads. As far as I know, he’s not banned, but he’s pissed off and doesn’t post anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I told you so. ?

This is the 3rd time I can recall this happening in modern times
    It happened 4 times on 911 alone..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!