Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where's the thread about the Chinese airliner crash?

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Wasn’t that one of Benny’s threads that he revenge nuked?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Wasn’t that one of Benny’s threads that he revenge nuked?
    Shows exactly the kind of person he really is. Fuck that guy, do not miss him one bit.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Shows exactly the kind of person he really is. Fuck that guy, do not miss him one bit.
    He blocked me for relentlessly posting Dr Rick memes on his geezer rants..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	416712

And I'll own my own geezer rants 100%

It kinda seems like there should be some software in the control systems that prevents this kind of thing. Maybe it's impossible to do, I dunno. But if the speed is above safe landing speed maybe the system should act to prevent ground contact.

ya mean, like activating big 'ol airbag?

Can you imagine all the screaming on the cockpit voice recording? Did one pilot knock out the other.. who woke up for that brief recovery attempt on the altitude tracking, only to get bashed in the head again. This has to be as horrific as things get...

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    ya mean, like activating big 'ol airbag?
    More like robopilot. If the computer calculates potentially deadly ground contact is imminent it takes control away from the pilots. I'm sure there's reasons they don't have it now, I just don't know what they are.

Like the self-correcting shit on the Max? Yeah, that worked well.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    More like robopilot. If the computer calculates potentially deadly ground contact is imminent it takes control away from the pilots. I'm sure there's reasons they don't have it now, I just don't know what they are.

they had those things in the '80s... they suffered from a persistent deflation problem if i am recalling from the documentary properly.

Hold up, Ben was shilling for the Commie CCP too?

I’m sure they’ll issue a similar report shortly, just after they’re done telling the world how well Peng Shuei is doing in their concentration camp, er, wellness retreat. Any day now, I’m positive.

I’m not mad Ben, I’m disappointed.
    I still call it The Jake.

pretty sure benny accurately called the suicide by plane angle. to bad he deleted... could be doing his victory laps right now.

The evidence cited in that article is rather sparse. "US officials" and an opinion about the position of the flaps. I'm gonna need a named official, and I'll probably wait for the voice recorder data. That article also screams clickbait. What are the standards at ABCnews.com these days?

Well all the info is from the Chinese, the US is basically just telling people what the Chinese told them.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It kinda seems like there should be some software in the control systems that prevents this kind of thing. Maybe it's impossible to do, I dunno. But if the speed is above safe landing speed maybe the system should act to prevent ground contact.
    There are times you'd need to suddenly dive with pilot in control, like loss of pressure.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

WhAtAbOuT nosediving to avoid a flying flaming tire?

What if the plane was on a treadmill? Would it crash?

Unpossible. It’s a controlled environment after all.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    WhAtAbOuT nosediving to avoid a flying flaming tire?
    You accelerate to avoid dangerous situations. Common knowledge.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

This simply confirms what nearly everyone was already thinking. Any expert would have put this scenario at the top of their list whether they stated it publicly or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This simply confirms what nearly everyone was already thinking. Any expert would have put this scenario at the top of their list whether they stated it publicly or not.
    Let's add the data to the story..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chinese Airliner.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	416762

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    You accelerate to avoid dangerous situations. Common knowledge.
    Try not to have a conniption.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

I told you so. ?

This is the 3rd time I can recall this happening in modern times
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Pretty sure they descend to a safe altitude inside the allowable flight parameters, not fly into the ground …..
    Yea, for sure. It would be nice to think that there could be something. I think a lot of pilots would feel like the more systems and the more complex they are, especially when designed to second guess the pilot, the more likely there is something could go wrong.

There was an airliner crash where the plane kept pulling back on the stick because it incorectly interpreted the angle of attack as being too low, stalling the plane into the ground.

Could also just be the mentality of a pilot. They like being in control. Cocky little shits we all are. I don't know shit about flying an airliner though 1800hp single engine is the most powerful thing I've ever personally landed/taken off etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I told you so. ?

This is the 3rd time I can recall this happening in modern times
    It's the third time it's happened in ten years...
    If intentionally caused by a pilot, the China Eastern crash would be the third major disaster in less than a decade to be attributed to pilot suicide, according to the Aviation Safety Network. That includes the Germanwings flight in 2015 that was flown into a French mountain by its co-pilot, killing himself and 149 passengers and crew.

The co-pilot, Andreas Lubitz, had been diagnosed with psychotic depression and was recommended for psychiatric hospital treatment weeks before the doomed flight. In the wake of the disaster, U.S. regulators increased training for the doctors who screen airline pilots so they can better spot mental health issues.

In the deadliest incident, an EgyptAir flight from the US to Cairo plunged into the Atlantic Ocean, killing all 217 passengers and crew. In that case, a relief co-pilot was alone in the cockpit when he disconnected the autopilot, moved the throttles to idle and pointed the nose of the airplane down, the National Transportation Safety Board said in a final report. Those findings were disputed by the Egyptian Civil Aviation Authority.