• Fuck no. ‘Merica and freedoms and shit

19 82.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Speed limits and limiters

The vaunted autobahn might be getting a speed limit
    80 max

But it’s only “temporary”

Not to mention the EU mandated cars in a few years to never exceed the posted speed limit based on gps data.

Is this the right thing to do?

My scooter HAD a restrictor to keep top speed at 30 mph... HAD LOL!

I think the bigger problem here is GPS monitoring.. Mericans don't want the gubbermint to know where their car is or has been. Won't fly without an option to turn off loocation services..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    My scooter HAD a restrictor to keep top speed at 30 mph... HAD LOL!

I think the bigger problem here is GPS monitoring.. Mericans don't want the gubbermint to know where their car is or has been. Won't fly without an option to turn off loocation services..
    If you have a newer car the manufacturer knows where it’s at at all times

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Many German cars have had speed limiters for years, cumshot.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    If you have a newer car the manufacturer knows where it’s at at all times

True. Onstar spies always.

I’ve always been surprised that the automatic toll booths don’t give you speeding tickets.

Is this what's on faux news lately?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Many German cars have had speed limiters for years, cumshot.
    Why are you always so angry?

New cars sold in Europe after May 2022 will be required to have a variety of new safety technologies, including speed limiters and systems to monitor the driver's attention levels. The European Commission announced the rules Tuesday, saying that intelligent speed limiters alone could reduce fatalities on European roads by 20 percent.

The speed-limit systems would use road-sign recognition or data from navigation maps to warn the driver of the current speed limit and whether he or she is exceeding it. Such technology is actually offered on many new vehicles already, but the EU plan is to make it standard on every car.

Other technologies that would be required include systems to determine whether a driver is distracted or drowsy, automatic emergency braking, lane-keep assist, backup cameras and an improved event data recorder to store information from before a crash. The rules still need to be formally approved by the EU Parliament later this year, the Commission said.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I’ve always been surprised that the automatic toll booths don’t give you speeding tickets.
    Yeah they know exactly how fast you were going, it's kind of surprising they don't use that data.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Is this what's on faux news lately?
    Not that I know. Faux news is ass.

ASS. Automatic Start Stop. What a joke of car technology.

Why are you always so angry?

New cars sold in Europe after May 2022 will be required to have a variety of new safety technologies, including speed limiters and systems to monitor the driver's attention levels. The European Commission announced the rules Tuesday, saying that intelligent speed limiters alone could reduce fatalities on European roads by 20 percent.

The speed-limit systems would use road-sign recognition or data from navigation maps to warn the driver of the current speed limit and whether he or she is exceeding it. Such technology is actually offered on many new vehicles already, but the EU plan is to make it standard on every car.

Other technologies that would be required include systems to determine whether a driver is distracted or drowsy, automatic emergency braking, lane-keep assist, backup cameras and an improved event data recorder to store information from before a crash. The rules still need to be formally approved by the EU Parliament later this year, the Commission said.

why are you a disingenuous partisan dumbass dildo trolling stupid mouth breathing bullshit?

“I like dead people, pollution and failure because it lets me feel like I have agency in my miserable excuse of an existence”

Heh. You are exhibit A

I hope you never ski lift served. It’s killing the planet.

The county I used to live in had speed cameras all over the place, they gave you an 11 mph cusion but 12 over would get you a ticket. To get around the question of who was driving they ticket the car, not the driver. You can't renew the registration on the car if you don't pay the ticket.

When they first came out I got a lot of tickets but it didn't take long to learn where they all were in the areas I frequented.

This guy who owned a great deli in my hood and his wife were breaking up, she caught him cheating somehow apparently. The wife took his car and spent hours going back and forth on this stretch of road with a couple of cameras, the fines were in the thousands of dollars. Not sure if he had to pay it all or not.

Heh. You are exhibit A

I hope you never ski lift served. It’s killing the planet.
    Lift served is for assholes like you who roll coal to stand in line with sheep.

Yes. Too many inept people who don't know how to drive are driving way too fast. Before taking away speed limits, people should learn how to pass on the left, not follow too closely and get off their cell phones.

\In Europe, I have been passed on the right by too many vehicles traveling at least 260 to disagree with a speed limited autobahn. I do approve with driving fast in the left lane and while flashing the brights and engaging the left directional when approaching slower vehicles .

Also, much, if not most of the autobahn already has a speed limit. 120kph is commonplace, at least on A3, A5, A7, A8
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

If this were to go in the US, some police departments are going to have to figure out some budget deficits and what to do with their time. Also for the US, new cars should just jam cell phones. We'd all be safer.

I, for one, will not stand for this infringement on European’s rights.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yeah they know exactly how fast you were going, it's kind of surprising they don't use that data.
    Kansas turnpike on I-35 sure knows.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Live Free or Die

Speed limits and limiters

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Yes. Too many inept people who don't know how to drive are driving way too fast. Before taking away speed limits, people should learn how to pass on the left, not follow too closely and get off their cell phones.

\In Europe, I have been passed on the right by too many vehicles traveling at least 260 to disagree with a speed limited autobahn. I do approve with driving fast in the left lane and while flashing the brights and engaging the left directional when approaching slower vehicles .

Also, much, if not most of the autobahn already has a speed limit. 120kph is commonplace, at least on A3, A5, A7, A8
    I once blasted this rental through Austria thinking that some of the signs meant no limit, like the Autobahn inGermany. I then found out it meant 120 or 150 or whatever and sweat for a few months that I was gonna get a ticket in the mail.

Another time, my dad gets some big motor Volvo wagon he hauled ass from Stuttgart to Heidelberg, I think IIRC, going 240-260. We park the car and with the front wheels turned, I see a big screw in the front tire. God. Imagine a blowout at those speeds. They swapped the car but it spooked him and I thin he was going maybe 150 max the rest of the time he was there.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Probably not far off from the day when a cop can pull someone over and have a warrant to enter their cell number in to a GPS database and know exactly how fast you've been going for the hast 8 hours ( or indefinitely but only prove you were driving the stretch where they have you pulled over).

Pretty sure there's now a signal coming from your phone even when you have the device powered down.. Just not many have access to that data.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Probably not far off from the day when a cop can pull someone over and have a warrant to enter their cell number in to a GPS database and know exactly how fast you've been going for the hast 8 hours ( or indefinitely but only prove you were driving the stretch where they have you pulled over).

Pretty sure there's now a signal coming from your phone even when you have the device powered down.. Just not many have access to that data.
    Hence my business idea: “Liberty Motors”

Fully refurbished pre OBD cars. You burning gas but they ain’t tracking your ass. Plow into a brick wall at 2:30 AM? Ain’t no data to download and the brothas in the posse ain’t telling off shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    They know your average speed if you're talking about distance/(exit time - enter time), not instantaneous except where they have cameras with radar, which is not usually every single point along the way.

Based on the insane driving I’ve seen lately and basically no enforcement I’m fine with more technology to take the place of the job the police in my area are not doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Hence my business idea: “Liberty Motors”

Fully refurbished pre OBD cars. You burning gas but they ain’t tracking your ass. Plow into a brick wall at 2:30 AM? Ain’t no data to download and the brothas in the posse ain’t telling off shit.
    traffic sensors embedded in the pavement could still be your kryptonite when the data gets leveraged to measuring high speed

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    traffic sensors embedded in the pavement could still be your kryptonite when the data gets leveraged to measuring high speed
    It’s not about getting away with something, it’s about not having your own car tattle on you. If you do some illegal shit there are a number of other ways they can bust you. There’s video at a lot of major intersections, for instance.