Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 48 of 48
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    5,053
    I’d think you’d want real, visible security cameras and posted signs. Not trail cameras.

    You want to warn and dissuade.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    8,667
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I think we have to listen to both sides first and try to overcome the cherry tree division caused by the Media.
    If this is what you think I've said you are either smoothbrained or making a strawman.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,677
    If it's Russians stealing them, isn't there an open season, no bag limit? And if it's fellow Ukrainians using a war as cover so they can loot, well there should be open season on them as well. I don't think cameras are going to do much in the chaos of war.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    8,667
    Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    We are dealing with both marital law and martial law here. (And yes this is in Ukraine.)

    I’m open to suggestions on ways to deal with the lemon-stealing whores.
    ahh, well, that changes things considerably.

    I'd say secure the home and forget caring about the grapevines? I mean, what can you really do besides just engaging in violence? If its russians they'll probably outgun you, if its locals, well, maybe offer to feed them?


    Seems an extremely salient detail to include and a bunch of morans on TGR seems like the last resource that would have any relevant knowledge or advice.



    Although I guess it does open up the land mine option.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    662
    Pussies. People aren't going to walk over a dead body to steal plants.

    Rent a bunch of fake corpses.

    Where? Well the dapper cadaver of course.

    https://www.dappercadaver.com/collec...d-corpse-props




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dead.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	416586

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I knew the very notion of a spring gun was like the Bmills bat signal!
    Yeah, “spring gun” is an immediate lawyer bell ringer. After reading the fact pattern for Katko v Briney on one of my first days of law school, I thought that old man Ed Briney was totally on to something. Turns out, much to my dismay, you can’t boobytrap your own shit.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    Pussies. People aren't going to walk over a dead body to steal plants.

    Rent a bunch of fake corpses.

    Where? Well the dapper cadaver of course.

    https://www.dappercadaver.com/collec...d-corpse-props




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dead.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	416586
    This is a war zone. Too subtle and easily missed.

    Heads on pikes spaced out every 50 yards however, might send a clearer message. Add signage stating "Russian grape thief" and "Free dinner and handies for Ukrainian soldiers at the farmhouse" And attach some of those shiny foil strips to it to discourage the crows.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    5,101
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    If this is what you think I've said you are either smoothbrained or making a strawman.
    Perhaps there is a third option.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,314
    While the Geneva Convention says no punjis, this may be a good time/application? A lot less noise than spring guns.

    If it were me, I'd buy a paintball gun, get drunk and stay up late operating in the shadows.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    Pussies. People aren't going to walk over a dead body to steal plants.

    Rent a bunch of fake corpses.

    Where? Well the dapper cadaver of course.

    https://www.dappercadaver.com/collec...d-corpse-props




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dead.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	416586
    What? No penis?

    Pfffft

    “Man, These eunuch’s love grapes”


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post

    I'd say secure the home and forget caring about the grapevines? I mean, what can you really do besides just engaging in violence? If its russians they'll probably outgun you, if its locals, well, maybe offer to feed them?

    Although I guess it does open up the land mine option.
    The Russians took the home with a rather unfortunately located tank. Fortunately they retreated a few weeks ago from the area (they stole the tractor’s battery after burning down the house.)

    Now we are dealing with some traitorous scumbags. I suspect it is the same gang of people. Before the house was on the property they would come steal carloads of apples.
    They saw them one night driving away with the entire backseat full of apples and probably the trunk. One night they had to abandon the car there too in the midst of another theft of apples (POS junker.)

    Anyways, since the house is gone, the asshole traitors think it’s open season on the fruits again.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    sandy, sl,ut
    Posts
    8,667
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Perhaps there is a third option.
    Ok but seriously, how old ARE you? How long till you just slip away into dementia or croak? How many decades has it been since you actually skied?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

    "I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,314
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    How long till you just slip away into dementia or croak?
    I think he's proven that this unpossible.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    7,271
    Got any of these laying around? I'm sure they could take out a car full of thieves.
    https://armamentresearch.com/russian...-ukraine-2022/

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,957
    Bayraktar patrols?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Bayraktar patrols?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Now we are talking. I wonder if there is a group buy going on somewhere.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    12,842
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E44193DA-B056-42A9-B1BC-36AAF498FA68.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	231.3 KB 
ID:	416613

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,074
    Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    The Russians took the home with a rather unfortunately located tank. Fortunately they retreated a few weeks ago from the area (they stole the tractor’s battery after burning down the house.)

    Now we are dealing with some traitorous scumbags. I suspect it is the same gang of people. Before the house was on the property they would come steal carloads of apples.
    They saw them one night driving away with the entire backseat full of apples and probably the trunk. One night they had to abandon the car there too in the midst of another theft of apples (POS junker.)

    Anyways, since the house is gone, the asshole traitors think it’s open season on the fruits again.
    It's seriously shocking to me that anyone can steal food without significant risk of poisoning over there right now. Seems like a really basic form of resistance that just conveniently happens to flow over to looters. Gotta be some form of noxious (to humans) spray-on that can be applied to, say, the first vine or every third apple and just remember to wash stuff down at/before harvest? Battery guts? Maybe bear spray or a strong diuretic if it's not actual orcish hordes?

    And no, I don't have an anarchist cookbook handy or anything--but I did watch Breaking Bad again lately. Could be a problem.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    5,101
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Ok but seriously, how old ARE you? How long till you just slip away into dementia or croak? How many decades has it been since you actually skied?
    I'm right in the demographic my man. Lots of people both older and younger than me here. Don't you think you could do better with your insult selection? Because that one doesn't touch me.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    I think he meant "marital law". Best way to deal with those lemon-stealing whores.
    It’s like my grandma always said, “you can’t make a lemon stealing housewife out of a lemon stealing ho”

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Perhaps there is a third option.
    Never!

    I'm straw brained!
    Last edited by subtle plague; 05-17-2022 at 01:52 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    It’s like my grandma always said, “you can’t make a lemon stealing housewife out of a lemon stealing ho”
    Wise Grandmas always know best.
    "Clean your bong and wear a thong,
    If she doesn't, something's wrong"
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,298
    X2 on not putting your dog in harms way.

    My buddy from College had this problem in SoCal and his dad would have him sit in a blind and hit em with Rock Salt.

    Those silent driveway alarms would help.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •