Vernal Beta, ‘22

Going down there next weekend. Anyone know the actual status of the trails at Red Fleet? The website gives conflicting information.
    Thanks in advance!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Going down there next weekend. Anyone know the actual status of the trails at Red Fleet? The website gives conflicting information.
    Thanks in advance!
    They were good a couple weeks ago, my neighbors went and loved it. Call Altitude Cycles, they will know for sure.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Altitude Cycles is no longer. Troy moved his business to Price.

There’s a new shop called Red Mountain Cycle, and another called Grail that I think is owned by a former Altitude employee.

I haven’t heard anything about a change in status to the Red Fleet trails.

Thanks, I will give it a try. Staying at McCoy Flats if anyone wants to rally.
    This is what gave me pause:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6148AAE-C5B6-495D-9E2B-65C30FA1A3A2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	892.5 KB 
ID:	416433
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I don't think access to the trails requires going into the park, proper. I haven't been for 2 years, but I only remember having to pay and go through the gates to swim/paddle.

We're thinking of heading out this weekend. Plan would be to ride at Mccoy Flats, Red Fleet, Red canyon rim and Dry Fork Flume Trail. Bringing the paddleboards as well. We rode last spring at Mccoy and enjoyed it, but didn't explore anything else and have never been to flaming gorge.

Anyone know if the A section of the river is runnable on knees on paddleboards right now? And if so does it generally work to hitch back to the Dam, or should we figure out a shuttle?

Best places to camp besides mccoy flats? We're in a van so may try to move around each night.

Red canyon rim and flume trail seem like fun/easy/scenic rides to blow a few hours before it's too hot to do anything off the water. Sound about right?

I've camped at Mc flats and red fleet (1km up the road, start of trails)

FYI: good brewery in town, and rec center is cheap showers.

Rojo was fun (techy)

Also racetrack/corkscrew are dessert and nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I've camped at Mc flats and red fleet (1km up the road, start of trails)

FYI: good brewery in town, and rec center is cheap showers.

Rojo was fun (techy)

Also racetrack/corkscrew are dessert and nice.
    I thought Rojo was the most fun trail I've ridden there.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    We're thinking of heading out this weekend. Plan would be to ride at Mccoy Flats, Red Fleet, Red canyon rim and Dry Fork Flume Trail. Bringing the paddleboards as well. We rode last spring at Mccoy and enjoyed it, but didn't explore anything else and have never been to flaming gorge.

Anyone know if the A section of the river is runnable on knees on paddleboards right now? And if so does it generally work to hitch back to the Dam, or should we figure out a shuttle?

Best places to camp besides mccoy flats? We're in a van so may try to move around each night.

Red canyon rim and flume trail seem like fun/easy/scenic rides to blow a few hours before it's too hot to do anything off the water. Sound about right?
    https://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/crsp/cs/fgd.html
    8600cfs is serious water unless your stand up paddle board game is tight and right and you have a safety boat or crew
    I'd consider passing on that activity
    That being said I think the tgrapp And I are considering running the raft from the dam to crook camp Saturday Sunday
    Will portage Taylor's flat bridge and camp at boblandia Saturday night
    red creek rapid at 10 k
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    https://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/crsp/cs/fgd.html
    8600cfs is serious water unless your stand up paddle board game is tight and right and you have a safety boat or crew
    I'd consider passing on that activity
    That being said I think the tgrapp And I are considering running the raft from the dam to crook camp Saturday Sunday
    Will portage Taylor's flat bridge and camp at boblandia Saturday night
    red creek rapid at 10 k
    phall mentioned those high flows to me too. we'll skip the river.